Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Shop/Upgrade Error Message

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I've been having this issue ever since I moved and became a new comcast customer. Everytime I log in and go to the shop/upgrade section of the site, I get redirected to a page that says "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order. Contact us at 1-877-680-7173."

I've tried multiple  platforms (Chrome, Interenet Edge, Interenet Edge, My Account app via Iphone)

I do not want to talk to someone on the phone each time I want to see my options to upgrade because I do not need to be "sold" on services (phone, security, tv) that I don't want or need.  I just want to see what my options are for Internet. 

Can someone please help solve this issue?

Jeff Stagman
Xfinity ShopUpgrade Error.jpg
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 2 of 4

I have the same problem.  One rep. told me it was a temp. problem on their website weeks ago. 

Comcast doesn't want you to shop on line and be "informed".  I've been trying to downgrade my service and all I have been offered was more services for more money, or a 10$ discount on my monthly bill to keep what I have.  All I want to do is lower my bill.  I am more than happy to give up services to do so but can't even find out what other plans are available to me. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

Mine has been going on for months now, I've heard multiple excuses as to why this is, one said it was in my contract that I couldn't access it, another said is was an issue with my address.

I got somewhat lucky with one person who said they could fix it (was something to do with unlocking a security key allowing me access via multiple applications) but unfortunitly there was an outage at the time and wouldn't be fixed till after his shift, tried calling back few days later hoping it could be a quick fix only to be told again it wasn't something they could fix, that I'd have to always contact via phone them to upgrade or donwgrade, but when I type in my parents address and look up upgrades it takes me diretly to the page with multiple options.

I just want a real solution to this so I can veiw the options without having to talk to someone each time, is it really that much to ask for.

Jeff Stagman
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

Hello Jeffstagman. We're sorry for this inconvenience. What you've heard about this being a known issue is valid. We are working on getting this repaired with currently no ETR. In the meantime, I can assist with reviewing your account with you to see if there are any better options for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon