Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Secondary User on account has no associated username. Data integrity problem!

Regular Visitor

Secondary User on account has no associated username. Data integrity problem!

I have tried technical support and have had no luck.  As this is clearly a database issue, I'm not hopeful trying here, but let's give it a shot.

I logged into my account to add my personal email as my preferred email. I'd like to get my notifications at my personal email rather than my comcast.net email.  I went into the Users tab and selected Edit next to my Primary user.  The only email address currently listed is my comcast.net email.  I then clicked Edit next to Additional Email.  I then clicked 'Add a personal email address'.  I input and re-input my personal email address and clicked Save.  I received the message "Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account".

I went back to the Users tab and noticed that there is a Restricted Secondary User associated to my account.  This secondary user is also my name.  I clicked Edit next to it and found that my personal email address is associated to the secondary user.  I'm not sure why this secondary user exists, so I first thought I'd simply delete it.  So I clicked on Remove and then Remove User on the confirmation window.  I received the message 'User id cannot be blank.'.   I went back to the details of the secondary user and noticed that the Username field is blank.  I thought I'd try adding a Username and then I'd be able to delete the secondary user.  I clicked Edit next to the Username.  I input my account password and then the Username.  I then clicked Update Username.  I received the message "An error occurred while updating your username.".

So, the bottom line is this.  My personal email address is associated to an unneeded secondary user, which is preventing me from adding it as my preferred email address on my Primary user, but I can neither update nor remove the secondary user.

It seems clear to me that there is a data integrity issue in the database.  These user screens are attempting to access a row that has no key (Username) specified.  The technical support folks I've spoken to don't even SEE the secondary user associated to my account (probably because a user is supposed to have a Username), so they can't help me either. 

Does Xfinity have no database or DBA support?   

Xfinity - Change Secondary Secret Question Error.PNG
Xfinity - Change Secondary User Details Error.PNG
Xfinity - Change Secondary User Mobile Phone Error.PNG
Xfinity - Change Secondary User Username Error.PNG
Xfinity - Remove Secondary User Error.PNG
Xfinity - Users.PNG
Xfinity - Secondary User details showing blank Username.PNG
Official Employee

Re: Secondary User on account has no associated username. Data integrity problem!

Hello @joanzen1. I can assist with your secondary user preferred email issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Secondary User on account has no associated username. Data integrity problem!

Regular Visitor

I'm having the exact problem, and have talked to 3 agents, and wasted over 3 hours so far.  No one can seem to help, and now my primary account is messed up so I can't even setup automatic bill pay, or see my service.  Has anyone gotten to a Comcast employee who can actually help with this issue?

Regular Visitor

You have to get your call escalated to Tier 3, and I don't know of any certain way to do that.  Nobody in Tier 1 or Tier 2 really undertands this issue.  It seems data about users is split over more than one database, and they can get out of sync.  In my case, my original user was created in 2009, in and older system, and didn't have or need a username.  That was to manage only  TV.  When I added voice and internet in July, a comcast.net address and matching user were created, making the old user secondary, but since it never properly migrated to or synced with the new system, it had all the problems mentioned in this thread.  Tier 1 and 2 could not even see the old user, so they didn't believe me that it even existed.  Only when I managed to get to Tier 3 (after four separate phone calls talking to almost a dozen different agents) did I find someone who understood the problem, and was able to delete the old user.

Unfortunately, all my old posts in the forums are linked to that user, so now I'm a new user here, and had to create a new forum id also.

New Poster

I am having the same issue, any recommendations besides calling support?

Official Employee

Hello leojh,

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you. I would like to review your account profiles to see if the email address you are wanting to add is already in our database. To do this I would need to have you verify your account (private message two of the following, your account number, phone number, account name, and/or service address) and the user profile that you are using to make this change. Once I receive this we can review your profile access. Thank You

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

This exact same thing is happening to me. I was on chat for an hour, a phone call with two different people for a half hour. Now I have been waiting for an hour for someone from the next tier (I think 3) to call me. I have noticed problems since comcast.com starting directing us to xfinity.com

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue.  Cannot delete the secondary user, and that user has my primary phone number and email address.

Official Employee

Hello wacjr79 & patbonfils,

It sounds as though we need to clear your respective profiles to ensure secondary access is properly set. unfortunately I would need you to verify your account with me so I can begin. Would you both please send me a private message with your account name, phone number, and service address to verify your account? Thank You

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I've spent over 2 hours on the phone with multiple agents and no one can fix this for me, either. They said another team would call me and they never did.  Any chance you can help me with this, too?