Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Requires me to call to manage my plan

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 11

When I click on "Manage My Plan" it says 

We’re sorry,
it looks like you'll need some help completing your order.

Contact us at 1-877-680-7173.

I don't need help. I need access to this page. 

10 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 11

I've replied to your private message, jan84. Please respond via private message with the requested verification information at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 11

I get the same message (and have for quite some time).  I was able to call-in and discuss plans etc., but it is very inconvenient to not be able to even see my current plan, never mind not being able to see what other options are available.  When you call, all the agent can do is try to find some change options for you, but it is hard to do a good comparison when you are comparing plans that have, e.g., 400 channels vs. 600 - does comcast really expect an agent can verbally described all the differences accurately?  And then it got complicated very fast: well, we can drop all the premium channels to save you money, but then you'll have to pay for all the equipment that is currently covered by your current package, etc. and you won't really save any money (which is probably true, but you have to trust the agent without any hope of verifying).  Without having all the plans laid out in front of you, it is difficult and frustrating to try to find out what is best. From viewing the forums, I'd say this is a very wide-spread problem and either Comcast is incompetent in fixing their website or is intentionally driving people to call to be able to try to sell upgrades (or in my case ensure I didn't downgrade to save money).  In either case, this is not good customer service/support. One does have to wonder, why is the "manage my plan" option even on the webpage if it won't work?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 11

Hello, kgccom - My apologies for the inconvenience. We are making changes to our Shop/Upgrade page to make sure it works properly and provide an accurate information. If you would like to see what packages we currently have available, I'd be happy to assist you. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number, so I can proceed. Thank you in advance. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 11

i am having the same issue ELLA when will the page be fixed? i want to be able to add upgraded internet speed when they launch/become avabile without having to call in about it or at least see that its avaible now the only way i can do that is to check the new coustmer page.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 11

Hi, dkinley1 - I fully understand your concern, it's definitely a big issue when there is no way to manage plan online. I don't currently have any timeframe when it's going to be fixed but I can offer you my assistance with any package changes. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 11
Ok thanks for the offer i was trying to upgrade to extrme pro or gigabit if it is or becomes available
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 11

@dkinley1 - The Extreme Pro and Gigabit are not available in your area yet. If you get any issues next time you check the available speeds in your area, feel free to reach me and I will research it for you. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 9 of 11
Ok thank you ELLA and their is no launch dates as of yet that you see they keep telling me different dates that aren't true
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 11

I don't see any launch dates as of now. However, it doesn't mean we are not planning to provide these speed tiers in your area. It just can take some time. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 11 of 11

Ok thanks Ella for the help