Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,708,495

members

73

online now

1,872,160

discussions

Back to Top

Private Messages - Forum?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 1 of 10
424 Views

Is there something wrong with the private message system in the forum? When I select a name and choose "send Message", there's no text box to type the message or send button. All I see are the words "private messages".

 

Update: The feature has been disabled

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Private-Messages-Still-Disabled/m-p/2946472#M132108

 

Not marking this as a solution because it hasn't been fixed yet.

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 10
347 Views

Hi RadTV, 

 

When you tried sending your message, had you already created a new public post as well? Due to new forums guidelines, if you have not created a public post before reaching out directly to a forums Community Specialist, you will not be able to send a private message. This is to ensure fairness for customers on a first come first serve basis. 

 

Since you have now created a public post, can you provide details of the issues or concerns you have? I'd be more than happy to help you. 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 10
264 Views

ComcastChe wrote:

Hi RadTV, 

 

When you tried sending your message, had you already created a new public post as well? Due to new forums guidelines, if you have not created a public post before reaching out directly to a forums Community Specialist, you will not be able to send a private message. This is to ensure fairness for customers on a first come first serve basis. 

 

Since you have now created a public post, can you provide details of the issues or concerns you have? I'd be more than happy to help you. 


I created the topic you're responding to. Does that not count as a public post?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 10
259 Views

Yes, it does. Can you try creating a new private message? 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 10
248 Views

ComcastChe wrote:

Yes, it does. Can you try creating a new private message? 


Not able to. All I see when I click on "send message" are the words "Private Messages". I can't even access the inbox. Here's a screenshot:

 

 

 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 10
169 Views

PM function restored as of 9/12/17

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 10
166 Views

Ok, great, now that we can communicate through private messages, I can assist you with any issues you are having with your account. Can you provide me with more details of how I can be of assistance? 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 8 of 10
123 Views

ComcastChe wrote:

Ok, great, now that we can communicate through private messages, I can assist you with any issues you are having with your account. Can you provide me with more details of how I can be of assistance? 


My account is fine. I am disappointed with the X1 notification system which is described here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-notification-system/m-p/2886969#M126475

 

I would like comcast to include future announcements as described within the above link because on 9/9/17 comcast had a free preview of Starz ondemand which I had no knowledge of because I saw no announcement from comcast so I had to call customer service to make sure I wasn't being charged for it. When I had the legacy system, I would receive announcements all the time which I liked because I knew what they planned to do for the month or week. Now that I switched to X1, that information is now gone. Can they include future announcements with the X1 notification system besides the general X1 tips?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 10
52 Views

Hi RadTV,

 

I think that's great feedback, thanks for providing that information. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a definite answer of if they can include that with the notification center, but since the feature itself is still fairly new and we're looking for all the feedback we can get to make this a better experience for our customers, I think you should submit this idea to possibly be implemented in the future. 

 

Feel free to provide your feedback HERE. 

 

 

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 10 of 10
12 Views

ComcastChe wrote:

Hi RadTV,

 

I think that's great feedback, thanks for providing that information. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a definite answer of if they can include that with the notification center, but since the feature itself is still fairly new and we're looking for all the feedback we can get to make this a better experience for our customers, I think you should submit this idea to possibly be implemented in the future. 

 

Feel free to provide your feedback HERE. 

 

 

 


Feedback submitted. Thank you.