Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

News videos won't play

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 56

I have found, through trial and error (and much research!), that disabling your ad blocker on that page and then whitelisting it will help correct the problem. I've had this problem for such a long time and, of course, Comcast really doesn't know what they're talking about (and I mean Tier 1 support - Tier 3 is excellent). Give that a try and see if that works for you. 

Good luck!

kfeeny wrote:

Have not been able to play videos on Xfinity/Comcast home page.  When I click on the various videos, just get a black box, nothing loads.  Same on IE and Chrome updated browsers, also have updated Adobe Flash player.  Would appreciate suggestions.  Videos used to work just fine.  Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 52 of 56

I have found, through trial and error (and much research!), that disabling your ad blocker on that page and then whitelisting it will help correct the problem. I've had this problem for such a long time and, of course, Comcast really doesn't know what they're talking about (and I mean Tier 1 support - Tier 3 is excellent). Give that a try and see if that works for you. 
Good Luck!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 53 of 56

I tried your suggestion and it still doesn't work.  However, after reading some of the replies I tried Firefox and lo and behold it worked.  So it would seem on my computer, which is a current MacBook Pro, my Safari can't handle it.  What a pain.  I really get discusted with Comcast but I like their On Demand.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 54 of 56

Comcast came out and said that something was blocking Comcast's videos.  I can get You Tube videos without any problem.  I am trying to find what is blocking the videos.  When I use a different browser such as Google chrome and search for comcast, It is still the same - the videos won't play.

It's way over my head!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 55 of 56

Did you ever get the comcast videos to play?  Comcast came out today and said that something was blocking their videos.  I have no idea how to fix this one.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 56 of 56

For some unknown reason all of the news videos on Comcast are now playing OK.   I wonder if Comcast has done something on their end?