Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

News videos won't play

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 53

I have found, through trial and error (and much research!), that disabling your ad blocker on that page and then whitelisting it will help correct the problem. I've had this problem for such a long time and, of course, Comcast really doesn't know what they're talking about (and I mean Tier 1 support - Tier 3 is excellent). Give that a try and see if that works for you. 

Good luck!

kfeeny wrote:

Have not been able to play videos on Xfinity/Comcast home page.  When I click on the various videos, just get a black box, nothing loads.  Same on IE and Chrome updated browsers, also have updated Adobe Flash player.  Would appreciate suggestions.  Videos used to work just fine.  Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 52 of 53

I have found, through trial and error (and much research!), that disabling your ad blocker on that page and then whitelisting it will help correct the problem. I've had this problem for such a long time and, of course, Comcast really doesn't know what they're talking about (and I mean Tier 1 support - Tier 3 is excellent). Give that a try and see if that works for you. 
Good Luck!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 53 of 53

I tried your suggestion and it still doesn't work.  However, after reading some of the replies I tried Firefox and lo and behold it worked.  So it would seem on my computer, which is a current MacBook Pro, my Safari can't handle it.  What a pain.  I really get discusted with Comcast but I like their On Demand.