members

online now

discussions

New username for new address?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

Do I need to setup a new username for my new address (upon moving)? I have scheduled the transfer of service but I'm not sure if I need to set up a new username for the new address or if the information under my existing username will be automatically updated upon my move?

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

Be aware that typically Comcast will assign a new account number to your new location. You'll need to watch out for that as you "close out" your old service and "start up" your new service.

Your current Comcast email address(es) (user IDs/logins) may not transfer to your new account, and Comcast may create a new Primary user ID for the new account. They often mess this up and don't tell you. Watch them like a hawk. They're slippery!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hello michelle-b, you can use your current username/password for the new account or you can create a new one. If you would like to keep your username/password the same we would need to transfer it over to the new account, this is a simple and painless process that takes 1 minuet to complete. If you don't want the same username or password you can create a new one for the new account. Please let us know if you need assistance in transferring your username/password. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon