Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New My.Xfinity.com Home Page Post Feedback Here

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 301 of 995

donnaseatac wrote:

How do i get back my old homepage. Xfinity changed it to something new and I liked the old homepage better.

how do i get back my old home page?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 302 of 995

Again wrote: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Removed-Posts/Re-How-do-i-get-back-my-old-homepage/m-p/2659035#U2659035
Moved to the Xfinity.com Website forum.

Is the Xfinity.com Website forum called "Removed-Posts" now?   

Posted by
Customer Expert

Message 303 of 995

I don't know what was happening there with the moves.

However, OP (original poster), I don't believe you can get the old home page. Comcast rearranges the pages whenever they feel like it just for change's sake. You don't have to land on their home page. You can choose to have whatever you wish as your "home page". 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Customer Expert

Message 304 of 995

dh91 wrote:

HOMEPAGE HATE IT!!!!!!

You have to option to choose whatever page you wish as your starting page. You can also tell Comcast about your page preference at http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 305 of 995

How do I get my previous Xfinity page back? I HATE the new one!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 306 of 995

rcbCAL wrote:

How do I get my previous Xfinity page back? I HATE the new one!!!

Xfinity/Comcast has been in the process of rolling out a new home page design since December 7, 2015.  As the days progress since that initial rollout, more and more users are being migrated to the new page and there is nothing an end-user can do to request a different set of html programming code for an old page that is being retired.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 307 of 995

BruceW wrote:

BlueJay wrote: ... Why has there been no response from comcast regarding all of the negativism posted about the home page? ...

All we can do is guess BJ. My guess is they are thinking something like "They'll get used to it. Besides, what do we care? We're making a pile of money off this thing!"

Greedy so and so's.

This is the same thing that NBC did when they redesigned their webpage months ago...  so much negative feedback from users who wanted to "read" the news instead of having mostly videos pushed down to them.  NBC's response when I asked was that the redesign was being done to more fully engage the "mobile" community, but IMO that repsonse was nothing more than a reason to force more bandwidth usage on users.  I still use the page for news, but never select any news item that is video only.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 308 of 995

where can I find local weather, local new headlines and local movies

Posted by
New Poster

Message 309 of 995

Please give me back my old xfinity home page - I do not like how it has been changed.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 310 of 995

shallb wrote:

where can I find local weather, local new headlines and local movies

Just a suggestion, but for the most complete local coverage, I would use www.weather.com and your zip code and bookmark/select as homepage tab, use your local TV or newspaper website and bookmark/select as homepage tab, and use your local Movie Center and bookmark/select as homepage tab.  There is so much more you may be missing when using the Xfinity homepage for your local information. 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 311 of 995

i hate the new one.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 312 of 995

When I click on any videos on the home page all I get is a blank page. I can hear it. But not visible. All other pages are fine like msn. any ideas?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 313 of 995

You're right.  This new web page is horrible.  I called Comcast to complain, but that was a waste of time.  I don't even bother

using it.  Too confusing.  They should have left it alone.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 314 of 995

Can I please retain the former Comcast home page? 

Posted by
New Poster
Message 315 of 995

for about 2 weeks i had the new home page and i liked it but some how it went back to the old one how can i get the new one back do i have to download it

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 316 of 995

glenn915 wrote:

for about 2 weeks i had the new home page and i liked it but some how it went back to the old one how can i get the new one back do i have to download it

Just wait.  Comcast is rolling it out in their usual flakey fashion.  Sooner or later, the old page will disappear forever.  But it's beyond your control.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 317 of 995

jerrywilson6 wrote:

jerrywilson6 wrote:

Sorry.  Comcast has stated that once you've been migrated, you're stuck.  Folks have reported the old one showing up again for a time, but sooner or later, it'll fade into oblivion.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 318 of 995

veggiboy wrote:

i hate the new one.

You seem to be in good company.  I haven't seen a single post from someone liking it.  Might be there, but I haven't seen it.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 319 of 995

kribbens wrote:

Please give me back my old xfinity home page - I do not like how it has been changed.

Won't happen, I'm afraid.  Once migrated, you can't go back. 

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 320 of 995

bakerla wrote:
I find it very aggravating that when I wish to view a news or sports video on “Today in Video”, I have to sit through a 30 second advertising blast. Worse yet, if I click a second consecutive video I am expected to sit through the SAME MINDLESS ADVERTISEMENT !  When I am not hitting “mute”, I find myself gravitating more and more to HP’s app of news videos that have NO ADVERTISING.  Goodbye Comcast “Today in Video”.  

Sounds like your choice for a home page is made for you.  Smiley Happy

Posted by
Administrator

Message 321 of 995

BlueJay wrote:

It's amazing, Bruce, amazing...   

On December 7, 2015, ComcastEric made this PINNED POST  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-My-Xfinity-com-Home-Page/m-p/2653437#U2653437

It's also a LOCKED POST, but there is no such indication in the listing.  ??  {bug ? }

That post has had over 3000  views.

ComcastEric has made just 2 additional posts to these forums, both on Jan 4, 2016.

Neither one addressed the multitude of negative posts regarding the home page.

Why has there been no response from comcast regarding all of the negativism posted about the home page?

I don't use the comcast's home page, but do check out the old offering vs. the new offering ~ what were they thinking?

Keep up the good work, and have a good day,

ciao, bj

BJ, As my team is focused only on the forum piece, I have flagged this for Eric to make sure they're aware.

But, this is a great callout regarding the locked/pinned visual. We're looking at this now and thank you for pointing this out! 

Alan

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 322 of 995

Does anybody like the new Xfinity home page format?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 323 of 995

My xfinity home page resets on it's own. Gives error = problem with this page caused explorer to close. WHY ?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 324 of 995

After a week or so the hometown temperature has begun appearing again on the new Xfinity home page.  I did not do anything to make this happen.  I guess Xfinity thought it was a nice function and brought it back.  I agree and hope it remains available.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 325 of 995

shug154 wrote:

My xfinity home page resets on it's own. Gives error = problem with this page caused explorer to close. WHY ?

Your IE is having difficulties with translating the code.  You can try to RESET your IE from within the Internet Options, Advanced Settings and see if that clears the problem.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 326 of 995

I have a BIG problem with all the advertisement junk and 30 second commercials prior to watching a video, wow you don't have the right to waste my time. I will be looking for another home page after 20 years!

PS: As customers we are paying for this service

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 327 of 995

google search box on xfinity home page not working

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 328 of 995

1. Too much of a memory hog. 2. difficulty finding topics forcing me to go to a search engine to find what I want. 3. Almost every click is an ad of 15 to 30 seconds that repeats for each topic. (I stopped clicking) 4. When I clicked on a topic another comes up and I find it impossible to click on that item.  5. Downloads on some topics in NBC news never complete, even after several minutes of waiting. 6. support tells me to change my browser which does not correct the problem and that action removes my.xfinity from my homepage. 

My perception is that the old home page was fair only to be replaced by the "new" home page that is poor. Pretty pictures do not make a home page.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 329 of 995

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Well, we're here to help, but we can't get the old page back for you.  Comcast has stated tha once you get migrated to the new page, you can't go back.  You can go forward, however, to a better page that suites you.  We'll be happy to help you switch.

Please do!!!!!!!

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 330 of 995

hayward3411 wrote:

. I will be looking for another home page after 20 years!

Curiously, I did just that around 20 years ago.  There's a lot of much better pages out there.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 331 of 995

I have the old home page back and I am very happy. I hope it lasts!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 332 of 995

i just want my old xfinity web page back change is not aways for the best i am not that tech savy and get use to finding things where they are when you change things around it only frustrates me and takes me longer to use if you aer going to change things you should offer people the option to stay with the old setup

Posted by
New Poster

Message 333 of 995

The new homepage is a piece of junk...and I just received a $2.00 increase in my monthly bill as well.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 334 of 995

dlamomtagne11 wrote:

i just want my old xfinity web page back change is not aways for the best i am not that tech savy and get use to finding things where they are when you change things around it only frustrates me and takes me longer to use if you aer going to change things you should offer people the option to stay with the old setup

Sorry, but Comcast has stated that the new one is here to stay.  They've never been real good about taking critsism about things.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 335 of 995

How can you change from new home page to the old homw page?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 336 of 995

spyderweb wrote:

How can you change from new home page to the old homw page?

You cannot.  The home page delivered to you is a function of the load balancing web servers and the end-user has no control over it.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 337 of 995

I have comcast/xfinity as my home page and for the last week or more it freezes up constantly. tells me page can't be displayed. and tells me server is busy. What is up with that?? and the looks of the page has changed, once in awhile the "old" one shows up. It is very inconsistent and takes forever to load, and then to sign in, and then check email. It is really been awful. Is anyone else having this problem?? Thanks.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 338 of 995

I just want to comment on something.  I can't find any way to comment on the new webpage at comcast.net.  I have used this page as my homepage for the last 3 or 4 years.  Recently, it has changed format and is now a hot mess.  lots of overlaping photos and ads for everything in the world.  It is impossible to get stories about breaking news etc. on the site now.  I hate it.  How do I let them know?

Posted by
Contributor
Message 339 of 995

Home page reverted back to the old style , don't know why maybe comcast is starting to listen to us customers, but i think not, with these improvements, we have found everything is slow and jumpy, tired of the flip flop of home pages, and the intrent slow pokey.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 340 of 995

If the xfinity home page that just showed up on my computer with Xfinity Comcast is the one I am going to have to live with then I am changing my home page.  It is really awful.  As the "portal" to my service, it is messy and I have to look around through the mess just to pick up my email.  The ads were bad enough, but the stuff I have now is outrageous.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 341 of 995

The Comcast New Homepage lasted about 5 days, then they went back to the original to fix What?

Today Feb 1st it's back to the New Home Page, still can't get to email without hitting the menu of

some kind, it's just in the way.

Today I am finding that when typing and try to go back a few letters to make corrections

whole words are being removed this is just too much.

When are they going to get all of this working correctly?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 342 of 995

Your newest home page stinks, is confusing & just like many of your features doesn't deliver. I'm switching to another provider, you're expensive, always raising fees & I'm fed up.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 343 of 995

The amount of annoying ads that we are subjected to just from the splash paid is deafining. The noise graffiti when you run over an ad and it loudly blurts it's junk at you is the #1 issue. The fact that I have to listen to additional ads to maybe watch a piece on a news topic is #2. Are you not making enough money on the cable and internet cost from the consumer already? Do you have to run advertising on TV ...ALL AT THE same time, one of the big values in a hand held was being able to switch stations at every ad, in essence watch 2 sporting events at once. Our useless congress will eventually tackle these senseless issues. Cable and internet TV really has not gotten any better for the consumer in the last 15- 20 years. I have free HD TV in my garage and at least when I get ads  I know that it does'nt come with an ever increasing bill   AND the commercials are not always run at the same time on every station that I already pay for. As our population ages,   I could go back to 3 vhf and 3 uhf channels and sadly I getting closer. Keep gouching while you can, your profits will increase but the quality has not.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 344 of 995

i can sign into my acc,sometimes,getting mad,cause it wont othertimes

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 345 of 995

awl68 wrote:

i can sign into my acc,sometimes,getting mad,cause it wont othertimes

Are you receiving any error messages, and if so what are they?   What browser are you using?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 346 of 995

I have to agree the Comcast New Web page that they have been trying to put in

place for the last two months and back on line now is a mess.

I can't get to the email Icon in top right of page without opening some menu

that shows items I don't want when trying to get to email.  This has been a

problem since beginning of this new webpage and still not fixed.

I see no reason to change the webpage, it has been in use for several

years and works just great.  Why change something that is not broke?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 347 of 995

Better suggestion... trash the new one and never bring it back. Nothing wrong with the current (or old one) so quit fixing what "ain't broke"!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 348 of 995

You cannot alter the new homepage.  What you see us what we now have.  I personally don't care for it either.  Yiu can use any other homepage you like better.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 349 of 995

Why does my home page default to Philadelphia ??  I am in Florida.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 350 of 995

I hate this new page as well.  I don't use it as my homepage anyway in my browser but I have to go this page to check my email, which now I can't do because they removed all access and I have to go through contact us to even just login to my account and clicking email from there just sends me back to the comcast homepage that doesn't have links for anything.  We used to be able to check our accounts, check email, find out what's playing at nearby theaters, look at the weather, etc.  Now we can't do anything important.  Only click on pointless tabloid type "news" stuff that isn't important in the slightest.