New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New My.Xfinity.com Home Page Post Feedback Here

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New Home screen

Kajon wrote:

I hate the new home page.  I don't like logging into a womens belly or no one elses.  I want to change, if I can't I will look for another website.

Comcast is in the process of downgrading the home page.  Once migrated, they say, you can't go back.  But you can go forward.  Search around, find a new third party page that suites your needs, and switch.  Don't look back.  Let us know if you need help;  we're here to help.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Home page

namnurse70 wrote:

I do not want the Xfinity home page! Do not like it. I prefer the simple Comcast.net. How can I get that back? 

Comcast is in the process of downgrading the home page.  Once migrated, they say, you can't go back.  But you can go forward.  Search around, find a new third party page that suites your needs, and switch.  Don't look back.  Let us know if you need help;  we're here to help.

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast can switch your homepage back to the old one

It may work for some people, but it just switches me back to the Xfinity home page, which is what I hate.  Thanks anyway.  I tried it.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Unwanted

can2answer wrote:

I suddenly have a new "home page" when I access my X-Finity account with "Watch TV..." and cannot sign in to my account without it going right back to that page.  No access to e-mail from that page.  Is this something new?  It wasn't there yesterday!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: JUST COULDN'T LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE IT APPEARS!!!

SYCO7 wrote:

EVEN WHEN COMCAST WAS DOING FINE, SOME LIKELY BORED EMPLOYEE JUST HAD TO TOTALLY SCREW UP THE HOME PAGES AND INTERNET TODAY.   WE WILL BE CHECKING WITH OTHER OPTIONS STARTING TODAY AFTER BEING HERE SINCE ROGERS CABLE AND PARAGON TO COMCAST.  THANKS FOR NOTHING! 

Yeah.  Comcast is in the process of downgrading the home page.  Once migrated, they say, you can't go back.  But you can go forward.  Search around, find a new third party page that suites your needs, and switch.  Don't look back.  Let us know if you need help;  we're here to help.

Frequent Visitor

Home page changes

Is it just me or are the changes that Xfinity.com makes to their home page just plain stupid? I was brought up on 40 years of computer programing that you use the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid. Try it Xfinity, you'll like it.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Home page changes

buddb55 wrote:

Is it just me or are the changes that Xfinity.com makes to their home page just plain stupid? I was brought up on 40 years of computer programing that you use the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid. Try it Xfinity, you'll like it.

Been going downhill for a couple of decades.   Once migrated, they say, you can't go back.  But you can go forward.  Search around, find a new third party page that suites your needs, and switch.  Don't look back.  Let us know if you need help;  we're here to help.

New Poster

TERRIBLE HOME PAGE, Change it back now!!! The homepage last week was terrific, this is junk!!!

Terrible new hompage.  There is nothing good about what you did.  Please provide me a link to the old homepage.  Or a link to an archive server that holds the old home page.  This one is terrible.  So dissapointing.  

As another poster stated correctly, "JUST COULDN'T LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE IT APPEARS!!"

Just terrible.

Please bring back the old hompage ASAP!

Pat

New Poster

Re: How do i get back my old homepage. Xfinity changed it to something new and I liked the old homepage better.

Not so. My spouse has Xfinity and has the old home pageon his computer.

Frequent Visitor

old screen back

I ask that the old sign in screen be returned.

I was told twice that it could not be done.

Then I was informed that I was BEING signed off and needed to save info.  I did and when I signed back on:

My old sign in screen just came back!!!!

How did that happen?

Was told it couldn't happen.

New Poster

I need the old screen back. Hate the new one. Please fix it.

Problems with me home page. I cannot get my old screen back; only the tv screen and I do not like it.  Please fix.  I would llike to know what my options are if you cannot return the old scrren.

New Poster

New look

I really like Comcast and have use it for years.  What I do not like is the "new" look of the opening page.  I have not found one person that says they like the look.   It has such an unorganized feel. 

New Poster

Re: New look

I also don't like the new look in the home page.
Frequent Visitor

Re: home page

Thanks for the feedback. The new home page absolutely blows. I'm not too thrilled with yahoo.com either. What else is there?

Bronze Problem Solver

jfk2 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. The new home page absolutely blows. I'm not too thrilled with yahoo.com either. What else is there?

Well, my needs are pretty simple.  Firefox, the browser I use, has it's own home page.  It's just a search window I can set to whichever search engine I like (currently google).  There are a bunch of recommendations made recently;  Bluejay has some listed here you might like.  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/Homepage/m-p/2680539

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: I need the old screen back. Hate the new one. Please fix it.

gingerbutler wrote:

Problems with me home page. I cannot get my old screen back; only the tv screen and I do not like it.  Please fix.  I would llike to know what my options are if you cannot return the old scrren.

From Comcast's point of view, it isn't broken and won't be fixed.  It's exactly what they wanted;  not so much for the rest of us.    You asked for options;  honestly, since Comcast doesn't meet your needs, your best bet is to find another page that does suit you and switch to that. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: old screen back

dougbear wrote:

I ask that the old sign in screen be returned.

I was told twice that it could not be done.

Then I was informed that I was BEING signed off and needed to save info.  I did and when I signed back on:

My old sign in screen just came back!!!!

How did that happen?

Was told it couldn't happen.

They're still rolling it out, so the switch sometimes comes and goes.  Sooner or later, it'll switch for good.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How do i get back my old homepage. Xfinity changed it to something new and I liked the old homepage better.

Baloney5 wrote:

Not so. My spouse has Xfinity and has the old home pageon his computer.

It's hit or miss while it's being rolled out.  Sooner or later, probably sooner, it'll be gone.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks again

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: TERRIBLE HOME PAGE, Change it back now!!! The homepage last week was terrific, this is junk!!!

proonr wrote:

Terrible new hompage.  There is nothing good about what you did.  Please provide me a link to the old homepage.  Or a link to an archive server that holds the old home page.  This one is terrible.  So dissapointing.  

As another poster stated correctly, "JUST COULDN'T LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE IT APPEARS!!"

Just terrible.

Please bring back the old hompage ASAP!

Pat

Not going to happen, I'm afraid.  Comcast has stated that once you're migrated, you're stuck with it.  You can always change to another page that meets your needs.  Just not Comcast's old page. 

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity home page

I want the old home page back.  I don't like the new one . I hope you can do this for me. I am 90 years old and need all the help I can get.

Frequent Visitor

Re: old screen back

TO BAD THE NEW SCREEN IS EVEN BEING WORKED ON.

PLEASE STOP WORKING ON IT AND LEAVE THE PRESENT SCREEN ALONE.

IT WORKS.  

MOST OF YOUR UPGRADED PRODUCT NEVER DOES.

Regular Contributor

Horrible New Comcast Customer Home Page Just Now Replaced the One I was Used To

A horrible New Comcast Customer Home Page just (this second) replaced the one I was used to using.  I have been reading on the forum about other customers who had the same thing happen and how much they hate it--due to its being inconvenient, hard to read, hard to find things, etc.  I believed them, without having it happen to me ---YET!

The really cruel thing about this, is that I had no idea it was happening--since, I had not been on the forums for 3 + months.  The reason (s) I have been on the forums for about 10 days, was because I was searching for reasons of why any and all of the Comcast Web pages were all malfunctioning, so I was trying to read any posts and/or information about that.  Well, now I have my answer.  Any and all other websites have all been working perfectly--just not those for Comcast, Xfinity, etc.

I wonder why Comcast just did not give us any type of notice?  I would not have had to waste so much time trying to figure out what was wrong.  I have had so many, many malfunctions, for days and days and days!

How about anyone else?  I bet that millions of Comcast Customers have also had to waste their time too--instead of just getting an Xfinity email alerting them (including me) that there might be some problems due to getting a new Internet Customer Home page interface.  Of course, I would not expect Comcast alerting about possible problems--but why not just alert customers , at least, about the new customer home page, e-mail interface, etc.?

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

New website design is horrible--can't find anything. What was wrong with simple?

New website design is horrible--can't find anything easily, like before.  What was wrong with simple?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity home page

mestabrook wrote:

I want the old home page back.  I don't like the new one . I hope you can do this for me. I am 90 years old and need all the help I can get.

Well, we're here to help, but we can't get the old page back for you.  Comcast has stated tha once you get migrated to the new page, you can't go back.  You can go forward, however, to a better page that suites you.  We'll be happy to help you switch.

Contributor

Re: Does anyone else hate the new home page format as much as I do?

The lasy time they changed the homepage it was really dark too. What is with the dark pages? It makes it harder to find anything because the text doesn't stand out enough to read. All it does is make you open another page to get the links that were on the old homepage.

Regular Visitor

Re: Does anyone else hate the new home page format as much as I do?

Absolutely despise it! Already looking into different home page. Thanks Xfinity.

New Poster

Home Page

We used to have the hometown temperature automatically shown on the xfinity home page whenever we were logged-on.  That seems to have disappeared.  Is there anyway to get this function back?  I do have my home address saved on the weather channel site, but this doesn't seem do anything.  I miss this function.

Frequent Visitor

Home page

How do I get the old home page back

New Poster

Re: Horrible New Comcast Customer Home Page Just Now Replaced the One I was Used To

I agree.  I do not like the new Xfinity Home Page.  I prefer the old Comcast page.  How was this changed without my consent?  How do we get the old page back?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: New look

You can try http://www.comcast.net/home/x/, but it may not work, and even if it does, it probably won't work for long . . .

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Home page

mestabrook wrote:

How do I get the old home page back

Bad news;  you can't.  Comcast has stated that once you've been migrated, you can't go back.  For practical purposes, that seems to be true.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Horrible New Comcast Customer Home Page Just Now Replaced the One I was Used To

hollen212 wrote:

I agree.  I do not like the new Xfinity Home Page.  I prefer the old Comcast page.  How was this changed without my consent?  How do we get the old page back?

Bad news;  you can't.  Comcast has stated that once you've been migrated, that's it.  You can't go back. 

Regular Visitor

new hpme page

Thjis is the worst Home page ever for Comcast/Infinity!!  The designer should be fired.    Can I go back to the old home page +++

New Poster

Re: new hpme page

No kidding.  This is the absolute worst page in the history of xfininity.  I'm actually wondering why they even allow it to exist.  You would think big brother would take it down - and not make a link availabe to it.  Pretty dumb.  There is even a link to this page at the bottom of their support page.

Contributor

I was able to get the old site back by using CCleaner.

Not sure if it was cookies, cache or site preferences but I now have the old site back.

Gold Problem Solver

http://www.comcast.net/home/x/ works for me, but probably not for long . . .

New Poster

BruceW ... I tried the link in your reply.  It took me to the new Xfinity homepage.  I changed my homepage to Yahoo.  Smiley Happy 

Gold Problem Solver

hollen212 wrote: ... I tried the link in your reply.  It took me to the new Xfinity homepage.  I changed my homepage to Yahoo.  Smiley Happy 

It was working just before I posted it, but now it's taking to the new page. Yahoo's page is pretty trashy too IMHO, but even so, it's not as bad as Comcast's.

It has always amazed my that anyone would want to use Comcast as their home page. Nothing there for me, for sure.

New Poster

Re: Comcast Computer Internet Screen Format has changed, so how do I get my old one back?

agree "new" format is awful; I. too want the old format back.

Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Computer Internet Screen Format has changed, so how do I get my old one back?

Ken, you attached 4 images of the same Yahoo screen. ???  Were you having difficulty with the new photo posting screen?  I know I did when I used it in a previous post.  I tried to edit and was not able.  

ciao, bj

New Poster

Re: Comcast homepage was replaced by Xfinity homepage.

Not happy with this new setup. Please consider a customer option of returning to the previous Comcast Home page.

New Poster

Obnoxious amount of ads!

Would be worth using if not bombarded with constant video ads! I don't mind being informed, but really? The same ads over and over, and all that after paying more than enough for simple service! If it were free like public broadcasting, then the excuse would at least have some legitimacy. What a slap in the face!

I'll get my info elsewhere.

New Poster

home page

Where did my home page go/my old hpmepage used to come up automatically with the various news stations.now it has some video with things i don,t want,I liked the format which i could select the news channel i wanted to look at.                                                 c.robison

Regular Visitor

HOMEPAGE

HOMEPAGE HATE IT!!!!!!

Service Expert

crobby wrote:

Where did my home page go/my old hpmepage used to come up automatically with the various news stations.now it has some video with things i don,t want,I liked the format which i could select the news channel i wanted to look at.                                                 c.robison

Xfinity/Comcast has been rolling out the new home page since December 7th.  It's hit or miss with the web server and load balancing servers on which page you get, but eventually it will only be the new style.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

BruceW wrote: ... now it's taking to the new page. ...

And today, at the moment, http://www.comcast.net/home/x/ is once again taking me to the old page. Go figure!

Problem Solver

It's amazing, Bruce, amazing...   

On December 7, 2015, ComcastEric made this PINNED POST  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-My-Xfinity-com-Home-Page/m-p/2653437#U2653437

It's also a LOCKED POST, but there is no such indication in the listing.  ??  {bug ? }

That post has had over 3000  views.

ComcastEric has made just 2 additional posts to these forums, both on Jan 4, 2016.

Neither one addressed the multitude of negative posts regarding the home page.

Why has there been no response from comcast regarding all of the negativism posted about the home page?

I don't use the comcast's home page, but do check out the old offering vs. the new offering ~ what were they thinking?

Keep up the good work, and have a good day,

ciao, bj

Gold Problem Solver

BlueJay wrote: ... Why has there been no response from comcast regarding all of the negativism posted about the home page? ...

All we can do is guess BJ. My guess is they are thinking something like "They'll get used to it. Besides, what do we care? We're making a pile of money off this thing!"

Greedy so and so's.

New Poster

Ads

I find it very aggravating that when I wish to view a news or sports video on “Today in Video”, I have to sit through a 30 second advertising blast. Worse yet, if I click a second consecutive video I am expected to sit through the SAME MINDLESS ADVERTISEMENT !  When I am not hitting “mute”, I find myself gravitating more and more to HP’s app of news videos that have NO ADVERTISING.  Goodbye Comcast “Today in Video”.