New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New My.Xfinity.com Home Page Post Feedback Here

Service Expert

Re: New home page

A1robo wrote:

Totally agree. New home page stinks. I get much faster information when I read, not listening to other people talk. When I want videos, I go to UTube.

Use news.google.com .

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Home page

I do not want the Xfinity home page! Do not like it. I prefer the simple Comcast.net. How can I get that back? 

New Poster

Re: Home Page format

RE: Newly formatted home page.

What an abomination!  In addition to a complete lack of ease in accessing info by topic I no longer find a tab for local news. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Homepage

Yes, it's such a shock to turn on the computer and it's all bad again.

Put the normal homepage back!! Listen to us, Tom.

Regular Visitor

Re: New home page

Same here, I read exclusively.  Video news is a waste of bandwith.

Regular Visitor

Unwanted

I suddenly have a new "home page" when I access my X-Finity account with "Watch TV..." and cannot sign in to my account without it going right back to that page.  No access to e-mail from that page.  Is this something new?  It wasn't there yesterday!

New Poster

JUST COULDN'T LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE IT APPEARS!!!

EVEN WHEN COMCAST WAS DOING FINE, SOME LIKELY BORED EMPLOYEE JUST HAD TO TOTALLY SCREW UP THE HOME PAGES AND INTERNET TODAY.   WE WILL BE CHECKING WITH OTHER OPTIONS STARTING TODAY AFTER BEING HERE SINCE ROGERS CABLE AND PARAGON TO COMCAST.  THANKS FOR NOTHING! 

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast.net did the homepage change it look

Neither can I. The new one is too dark and full of adds and I hate the layout. I too would like the old page back!

New Poster

Re: New Home Page

Hate the 'new' home page, how do I get rid of it? I do think you might have asked before hand,kind of insulting to your customers.

New Poster

Comcast homepage was replaced by Xfinity homepage.

Would like to return to Comcast homepage. Please advice steps to acheive this.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast New Homepage back in use, 01-20-2016

Well here we are again with Comcast putting up the New Homepage.

Still finding hard to navagate, get to Email top right as hitting some

other item and opens it up and its large.  Still finding problems

locating items that I have been useing for years - time to change

Homepage to another Website.

New Poster

Hate the new home page and agree with you that a choice would have been nice.  I dislike it so much i think I am going to start using msn.  I dont watch a lot of television and would rather have the top news items. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

i do not like the new layout. go back to the white page. and it would be nice if you could notify a person of the change.

Service Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for violation of Forum Posting Guidelines. Circumvention of Language Filter after being warned once by automated system.

Service Expert

Re: Comcast homepage was replaced by Xfinity homepage.

ronandphil wrote:

Would like to return to Comcast homepage. Please advice steps to acheive this.

You cannot return and cannot alter the homepage that is delivered to you.  Comcast has been rolling out the new design since December 7th, 2015.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

home page

why is my home page different i would like to know

Service Expert

Re: home page

nicky142 wrote:

why is my home page different i would like to know

See this link which is "pinned" to the top of this forum:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-My-Xfinity-com-Home-Page/m-p/2653437#U2653437

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

To Welcome_to_Post: Your comment isn't helpful in the slightest and he wasn't asking how to go back he was telling Comcast to go back to the old page where we could actually have access to what we need.

Frequent Visitor

I agree with you Kyzlynn.  I can't even access my account or my email as there are no links.  I'm trying to straighten out problems with my school and I can't do that without my email.  Why do they have to get rid of everything we use and only keep the junk that no one pays attention to and just clogs everything up?  I'm going to have to change internet companies if they don't fix this.  It really doesn't help that I can't reach anyone either to get this dealt with.  Honestly how in the world is THIS at all helpful for anything???  See screenshot below.  Oh boy we have a Google search bar now (as if we need any more of those when they're all over the place), and no links for accounts, sign in, email, nothing that anyone uses, just this rediculous news and commercials for tv shows.  What a waste!  And the most inconvenient ever!  Why couldn't we have gotten notice and time to tranfer all our email to another company now that we can't use it?  I'm going to get kicked out college because I can't access my email!  THANKS FOR MESSING EVERYTHING UP!!  Fix this mess immediately or lose a ton of customers!!

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Does anyone else hate the new home page format as much as I do?

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines, Circumvention of language filters.

Service Expert

Scarlytt wrote:

I agree with you Kyzlynn.  I can't even access my account or my email as there are no links.  I'm trying to straighten out problems with my school and I can't do that without my email.  Why do they have to get rid of everything we use and only keep the junk that no one pays attention to and just clogs everything up?  I'm going to have to change internet companies if they don't fix this.  It really doesn't help that I can't reach anyone either to get this dealt with.  Honestly how in the world is THIS at all helpful for anything???  See screenshot below.  Oh boy we have a Google search bar now (as if we need any more of those when they're all over the place), and no links for accounts, sign in, email, nothing that anyone uses, just this rediculous news and commercials for tv shows.  What a waste!  And the most inconvenient ever!  Why couldn't we have gotten notice and time to tranfer all our email to another company now that we can't use it?  I'm going to get kicked out college because I can't access my email!  THANKS FOR MESSING EVERYTHING UP!!  Fix this mess immediately or lose a ton of customers!!

Since your browser is not displaying the MAIL ICON in the top right of the header, after logging into your account online try this link to see if it brings you to your email:  https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

New Home screen

I hate the new home page.  I don't like logging into a womens belly or no one elses.  I want to change, if I can't I will look for another website.

Regular Contributor

The new home page is terrible!!!

Wow, looked at the new home page and couldn"t  stand looking at it. For those who love tv ( or tv guide)this is good for you as their are alot of pictures of tv stars etc,but you cannot find the news.  comcast should have done a customer survey before establishng this new homepage.   Please switch back to the old one stat or i will have to switch to another home page as yahoo etc.    

Frequent Visitor

Re: The new home page is terrible!!!

about:

http://my.xfinity.com/

Fire the incompetent (I'll bet it was a "manager") who is responsible for this horrible design and go back to the old page.

At least hire someone who understands the importance of white space.

It's probably the same incompetent who changed the login some time ago without telling us that it was being changed.

This new design (Which I previously saw some time ago) "MAY" be OK for tablets and phones, but totally unsuitable for a desktop display.  Are trying to get me to change to Frontier?

New Poster

home page

How can I get my xfinity home page back?

Gold Problem Solver

You can try http://www.comcast.net/home/x/ , but it may not work, and if it does, it probably won't work for long . . .

Gold Problem Solver

Re: The new home page is terrible!!!

Redfordl wrote: Wow, looked at the new home page and couldn"t stand looking at it. ...

You can try http://www.comcast.net/home/x/, but it may not work, and if it does, it probably won't work for long . . .

New Poster

Home Page

I absolutely detest your new home page. Is there any way to return to your old home page or should I just try Yahoo as my home page?

Service Expert

Re: Home Page

ronnanruss wrote:

I absolutely detest your new home page. Is there any way to return to your old home page or should I just try Yahoo as my home page?

There is no way for the end-user to select a home page from Xfinity.  That being said, you can still get to the old style home page by using this link:  http://my.xfinity.com/home/x/  Be advised that this can be shut off at anytime and probably will be soon....

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

Hate new layout===bring back the old.

Service Expert

If you don't like the new homepage [most don't] you can choose any homepage you'd like.  If you log in to Xfinity Connect webmail, do so and then Bookmark/Favorite it. You should bypass the homepage that way.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

home page

I really dislike the new face page. It is black, depressing, ugly, and difficult to read. Please get rid of it and give me back my old bright home page.

New Poster

Home Page

How do you customize the xfinity home page?

New Poster

New homepage

I hate the new homepage.  How do I retrieve the old white home page?   I really hate the new one.  Really hate it.   

Service Expert

tomroth wrote:

How do you customize the xfinity home page?

Customization of the Xfinity home page is not possible.  End user receives the html programmed page as written by th web developers.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Service Expert

Re: New homepage

rodellickson wrote:

I hate the new homepage.  How do I retrieve the old white home page?   I really hate the new one.  Really hate it.   

I have found the following link will result in the old home page.  Be advised that this can and probably will be removed without notice at anytime in the near future,  Enjoy it while you can.  http://my.xfinity.com/home/x/

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hate the new home page..but they will do whatever they want ..i guess..even though we pay the bills..

Bronze Problem Solver

doogie28 wrote:

I really dislike the new face page. It is black, depressing, ugly, and difficult to read. Please get rid of it and give me back my old bright home page.

doogie28 wrote:

Sorry, but Comcast has stated that once you've been migrated, that's it.  You can't go back.  But you can go forward to a different page that suites you. There are tons of them out there.   If you need help changing, let us know.

Frequent Visitor

home page

why is my home page different? how do i get the old one back?

Service Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity home page

I am trying to get the oroginal home page back and cannot do it

New Poster

home page

how did we get the xfinity as a home page - we are old liked the comcast one better- am not a computer wizz- did not ask for new home page please let me know

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Home Page Customer Satisfaction Survey

I am completely discussed with the new home page.  Please return me to the old home page.

Regular Visitor

Comcast can switch your homepage back to the old one

As I noted in the post above, they switched the homepage back to the old one.

Just thought I'd say that I STILL have the old homepage.

So, if Comcast tells you that you can't switch back, they're lying!

Problem Solver

Re: Comcast can switch your homepage back to the old one

Bruce W  & geek46 have posted this link to the old format. Maybe this will help.   If it does, try bookmarking it.

http://www.comcast.net/home/x/

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Regular Visitor

You CAN switch back to the old homepage!

As I posted in the "Survey" thread, I talked via Chat to a service person explaining that the only reason I use Comcast's homepage is to see if I have a new voicemail at a glance.

There service rep said that there was no way to switch back even when I said that I would use another site for my homepage if that was the case.

We ended the session.

The next time I switched on Home (Firefox) I was surprised but happy to see the old homepage was back!

That was several weeks ago and nothing has changed (fingers crossed).

So, if Comcast tells you you can't switch back, they're lying!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Main Page Video

MdriscollRR wrote:

Over the last year I have not viewed Xfinity video news. I find that the small screen and long advertisments distracting and time consuming. Not only are the videos presented in a small screen format, but they take too long to get to the point.

As a result I have used other sites for news and current events.

I do understand that advertising is necessary, but I pay a premium to use Xfinity,

After being a 30 year customer , my family and I are now searching other providers for the same service at lower prices with better content.

Sincerely

Michael Driscoll 

Would it be easier to just choose another home page, one that suits your needs? Granted, you might get a better price, but if  not, just choose a page that you like and change it.  We'll help you work through it if you like.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: You CAN switch back to the old homepage!

ironbut wrote:

As I posted in the "Survey" thread, I talked via Chat to a service person explaining that the only reason I use Comcast's homepage is to see if I have a new voicemail at a glance.

There service rep said that there was no way to switch back even when I said that I would use another site for my homepage if that was the case.

We ended the session.

The next time I switched on Home (Firefox) I was surprised but happy to see the old homepage was back!

That was several weeks ago and nothing has changed (fingers crossed).

So, if Comcast tells you you can't switch back, they're lying!

It's out there, but it won't last.  At some point, it's going to go away forever.  Smiley Sad

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity home page

mestabrook wrote:

I am trying to get the oroginal home page back and cannot do it

You can try http://www.comcast.net/home/x/. 

Doesn't work for everyone, nor all the time, and it's going to go away forever pretty soon.  Best option is to find another page that works for you and switch to that.  We'll help you if you need it.  Smiley Happy

Bronze Problem Solver

jfk2 wrote:

why is my home page different? how do i get the old one back?

Comcast is in the process of downgrading the home page.  Once migrated, they say, you can't go back.  But you can go forward.  Search around, find a new third party page that suites your needs, and switch.  Don't look back.  Let us know if you need help;  we're here to help.