Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New My.Xfinity.com Home Page Post Feedback Here

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 101 of 995

I'm still waiting to see someone post that they like the new home page, but I doubt that it will happen. I hate it just like everyone else does. It is totally worthless. It was created from a design concept and not for a usable format. I too am going to be getting a new home page.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 102 of 995

I could not agree more - I do NOT like the new home page!! At least give us the OPTION to keep our old homepage!

Comcast, LISTEN to your customers for a change!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 103 of 995

Rancho1 wrote:

I'm still waiting to see someone post that they like the new home page, but I doubt that it will happen. I hate it just like everyone else does. It is totally worthless. It was created from a design concept and not for a usable format. I too am going to be getting a new home page.

There is a positive post for the new home page.  <click for link

Posted on 12/7/15 by ComcastEric, and LOCKED!  NO FEEDBACK OR COMMENTS ALLOWED  TO THIS POST!!

In the body of the post is this statement ,  "Please feel free to use our Submit Feedback link, or post here, and let us know what you think of the new page and things you would like to see added or changed."

The feedback is not going directly to comcast but to an independent $$$$ feedback service!!

ComcastEric has not been made any posts since then.  

I read the post, clicked the link to view the NEW & IMPROVED homepage.  That is a worse abomination than what was done to these forums!!    

Do not expect anything positive to come from all complaints, feedback or suggestions.  Comcast is deaf, dumb and blind, when it comes to utilizing feedback.

Look for a new  home page, I love  nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html   Try Google news.  There's any number of choices out there.  You don't need comcast.

I have through the years, bookmarked all of my important comcast links and never use their odious homepage incarnations.

Good luck 

ciao, bj

Posted by
New Poster
Message 104 of 995

How do i get back my old homepage. Xfinity changed it to something new and I liked the old homepage better.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 105 of 995

The old home page came back for me at home. On my work computer the new crappy one is still there. Thought for a brief momnet that Comcast had maybe took all the negative comments to heart and switche it all  back.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 106 of 995

i want my old home page back ????

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 107 of 995

Comcast/Xfinity is rolling out a new homepage.  You may see a flip between the two for a bit, but eventually the new one will be in place permanently.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 108 of 995

I submitted the comment that precipitated these responses.  None of them were on point, and none of them helped to answer my original question.  I wasn't looking for comments and anecdotes from other users.  I was hoping that some hotshot problem solver at comcast would answer me directly in a way that would be relevant to my inquiry.  So . . . no, this didn't solve my problem.  As usual, comcast does nothing helpful.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 109 of 995

ABOUT NEW HOME PAGE:  Every time I open up my computer and
the new page is showing, it freezes up my computer.  I keep caches
clear, so when I clear the TEMP files (which I do at least once per day)
there's tons of stuff listed that isn't there when I've opened to the
old home page.  Appears the new stuff is too much running at the same
time.  I'm sure you're thinking fancy and flashy is attractive to new
techies with all their SMART equipment, but some of us prefer not to be
under that kind of stress.  It appears my computer can't handle that
stress either.  I'm running Windows 7, IE 11 - don't intend to change to
Windows 10 as I understand it's not available to me anyway and I'm not
using SMART equipment.  How about a way for users to select whether they
want the SMART stuff or not.  Or maybe it's time to find a provider that
really provides what I need and use without mucking up the works?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 110 of 995
Posted by
New Poster
Message 111 of 995

I am a simple man with simple needs and dessires.  Simply, I hate the new home page.  I agree with the person who said they could read.  Please drop the huge pictures and give me some

links to the world.  Let me drive my own car!  Thanks, Bob M.  12-19-2015

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 112 of 995

THANKS FOR THE INFO  REPLY---I WILL WATCH

B

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 113 of 995

It has been a couple of weeks since I posted a few messages on my complete displeasure with the new home page.  I did an online chat session to discuss the new home page with a Comcast service representative and to ask how I could go back to the previous page (you cannot do it - I was told).  I sent an email to the Vice President of Customer Relations (or whatever his title was) - with no response or even an acknowledgement that he received the email (it was not bounced back to me - and his email address was posted, along with a request for customers to provide feedback to him).  I have seen many hundreds of emails on this forum complaining about the failed new home page.  I have seen many suggestions - most of which tell Comcast to go back to the old home page.  I even seen a few posts saying that people that like the new home page are not going to bother to make a post to show their satisfaction.  As if, this explains the reason why Comcast should not bother to change their new home page back or to improve it from its current failed state.  I have already switched to a new home page that I use most of the time.  However, I would prefer to use the old Comcast home page that had all the links to my email, support, bill paying, etc.  Having to switch back and forth between my new home page and the Xfinity page is a hassle.  My suggestion is for Comcast to provide a survey to all its internet customers to see what the majority really thinks of the new home page.  I feel that this would only require four or five questions.  One of those questions should be:  "If you had a choice between the old home page and the new home page, which one would you choose?"  Probably, the first question should be:  "On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being "I really LOVE it."), how do you feel about the new home page?  I realize that no matter what, some people are not going to like a revised home page, no matter what is changed or provided.  However, this current failed home page is costing Comcast the advertising income that they would have received if I was using their home page. So again I suggest to all of you to also find a new home page to use.  Your can always return to Xfinity to pay your bill or look for support.  If we stick together, perhaps we can convince Comcast to bring back the old home page or completely revamp the new one to a usable format.  We may be able to do this by hitting them in the pocketbook.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 114 of 995

Striker_FTF, you said, "I have already switched to a new home page that I use most of the time.  However, I would prefer to use the old Comcast home page that had all the links to my email, support, bill paying, etc.  Having to switch back and forth between my new home page and the Xfinity page is a hassle.  "

There is no need to go to the comcast homepage to get your links.  You can bookmark them, put them in a folder on your desktop, or individual links on your desktop.

I have been doing this for more years than I can remember and NEVER see a comcast homepage.  I also have my browsers set to remember me at logins.

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Posted by
New Poster

Message 115 of 995

Since the creation of the new home page, it takes FOREVER for my emails to come up.  Also, there is a LONG wait between each individual email.  Sometimes, frequently actually, I get a message saying it's taking longer because of a "long-running script"...what's up with that?  Extremely frustrating!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 116 of 995

I would like to opt-out of a homepage change. I like the current one just fine.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 117 of 995

The symbol for expanding video stories  to full screen does not work - will not expand.  What's wrong?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 118 of 995

Do you like or dislike the new Xfinity Home Page.    I hate it.   Bring back the former home page.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 119 of 995

Please go back to the old home page.  New one is awful.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 120 of 995

voiceguy1 wrote:

Do you like or dislike the new Xfinity Home Page.    I hate it.   Bring back the former home page.

Dislike.  But then, didn't like the previous one  Or the one before that, and......

Suffice to say I haven't cared for any of Comcast's home pages for the past decade or more.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 121 of 995

mwiggins wrote:

Please go back to the old home page.  New one is awful.

Comcast has stated that once they've migrated you, there's no going back.  Sorry.  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-My-Xfinity-com-Home-Page/m-p/2653437#U2653437

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 122 of 995

lazod wrote:

I would like to opt-out of a homepage change. I like the current one just fine.

Not an option, I'm afraid.  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-My-Xfinity-com-Home-Page/m-p/2653437#U2653437

You can find another one out there that meets your needs, and switch to that.  The net is full of them.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 123 of 995

JerrieVV wrote:

Since the creation of the new home page, it takes FOREVER for my emails to come up.  Also, there is a LONG wait between each individual email.  Sometimes, frequently actually, I get a message saying it's taking longer because of a "long-running script"...what's up with that?  Extremely frustrating!

Each new iteration of Comcast's home page has been worse than the one before, for as long as I've been a customer.  Many years ago, I found another that meets my needs, and haven't been back since. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 124 of 995

I will change my homepage if there is no other option.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 125 of 995

can you switch back to the old home page?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 126 of 995

hardtoplease wrote:

can you switch back to the old home page?

Unfortunately no, the end-user has no control over which home page is loaded.   Comcast is in the process of rolling out a new & improved home page presently.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 127 of 995

hardtoplease wrote: can you switch back to the old home page?

Please see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-My-Xfinity-com-Home-Page/m-p/2653437#U2653437

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 128 of 995

Thank you for your proposed solution.  That would certainly work.  However, the "TRUE" solution that I am trying to obtain is to get Comcast to listen to their customers and to stop trying to fix erroneous problems with unsatiisfactory solutions, which appear to be directed toward benefiting Comcast and not its customers.  If we do not put a halt to this type of action by Comcast, then who knows what the next "SOLUTION' to a non-existent problem is going to be and how it is going to affect our services.  I liked the old homepage format.  Yes, it could have been improved.  However, instead of improving it, Comcast completely remade it into the useless monstrousity that it currently is.  I want to know why they did that.  I want to see the results of a customer survey that suggested that this was the favored format that users wanted.  I have seen hundreds and hundreds of complaints about the new format.  There are potentially many additional people (who usually do not complain) that also do not like the new format.  Why can't Comcast do a survey of its customers to find out who likes and dislikes the new format.  If a majority of users like the new format, then I will follow your proposed solution and stop complaining.  I still will not like the new format, but at least I will abide by the majority of other users.  Until that time, all that I see is a virtual monopolistic company (I have only a few other less desirable choices at this time in my area) dictating what its customers will receive.  This is not satisfactory to me.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 129 of 995
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 130 of 995

lazod wrote:

I will change my homepage if there is no other option.

That's what I did, long long ago.  So many good pages out there, no need to mess with one that's truly bad.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 131 of 995

Which homepage do you use/suggest? I'm open to suggestions

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 132 of 995

I didn't like the new homepage either.

I have triple play and have my phone through comcast. I screen all  my calls and my phone is set not to ring (I run a recording studio).

I keep a tab in Firefox open to the comcast home page or switch to it to check for phone calls. Sometimes, these are business calls and are very important.

The new homepage doesn't have a list of voicemail for me to check. That is the only feature of  comcast's homepage that makes me use it (I can see if a call came in with a quick glance).

I told the service person what my issue was and told them that I would not be using the new homepage.

The service person noted my complaint and when the chat was done, my homepage went back to the old style!

I was surprised but happy. It's been a couple of weeks now and when I click on the home bookmark, I still get the old homepage.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 133 of 995

I hate the new page

lazyb32 wrote:

THANKS FOR THE INFO  REPLY---I WILL WATCH

B

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 134 of 995

lazod wrote:

Which homepage do you use/suggest? I'm open to suggestions

I'm pretty simplistic, and I use Firefox.  The Firefox page, with a customizable search, is fine for me.  With that, I can find anything else I need.  Some folks like more.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 135 of 995

Comcast just changed my home page yesterday.  I don't like it at all.  Is there anyway to get the old home page back??  Help and Thanks!! 

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 136 of 995

cubgirlie1 wrote:

Comcast just changed my home page yesterday.  I don't like it at all.  Is there anyway to get the old home page back??  Help and Thanks!! 

Sorry, but no.  Once they move you over, there's no going back.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 137 of 995
Please bring back the old homepage. At a glance it was well ordered. The new homepage certainly is not! I hope this is specific enough.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 138 of 995

The new Xfinity page never loads and says LOADING FOREVER! 

No other page anywhere I go on the internet does this EXCEPT FOR XFINITY!

This would indicate that the Xfinity Web Page BLOWS!

If 99% of web pages work fine and one does not this means it BLOWS!

Can it be explained much more simply?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 139 of 995
<p>Stop redirecting me to myxfinity i want standard homepage!</p>
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 140 of 995

Comcast made changes to the homepage.  You can read the announcement here.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 141 of 995

I got my answer, not the one I wanted.  Pick another home page because they want to make a mess out of the comcast page.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 142 of 995

This new homepage is terrible. can't stand it. for the price we pay we get what they is good forced down our throat.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 143 of 995

I don't want to watch the stink'in TV! Please give me back my old hompage!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 144 of 995

I hate the new home page. It is not user friendly.

HOW DO I CHANGE IT BACK TO THE ONE I HAD YESTERDAY ?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 145 of 995

Unfortunately you won't be able to go back to the old homepage once the new one is in place.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 146 of 995

Think it might have been a good idea to warn me when you are going to completely change the home page?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 147 of 995

Janis2 wrote:

Think it might have been a good idea to warn me when you are going to completely change the home page?

The change to the home page was posted in the forums on 12/7/15.  The link to the posting ( which is pinned to the top of this forum ) is here:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-My-Xfinity-com-Home-Page/m-p/2653437#U2653437

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 148 of 995
Posted by
New Poster

Message 149 of 995

I AGREE TOTALLY.  IT STINKS BIG TIME.  CAN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT LETS YOU CUSTOMIZE IT OR MAKE IT SMALLER.  IT IS WAY TO BIG.  I LIKE THINGS COMPACT.  NOT SPREAD ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR MAJOR SCROLLING.  NOW EVERYTHING IS HIDDEN BEHIND ICONS AND YOU HAVE TO GUESS WHERE YOUR STUFF IS HIDING.

ABSOLUTELY HATE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 150 of 995