New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New My.Xfinity.com Home Page Post Feedback Here

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 951 of 995

vote, why?  . . .  only 950 people have posted not liking the page (the new theme).

Soooooo,  for sake of fairness lets arbitrarily increase that number 10 fold to 9,500, and round that to an even 10,000

Now that would make 10,000 out of 30,000,000 customers not liking the page,

or  10 customers out of every 30,000 customers not liking the page.

There arn't enough NotLikers to even qualify as a simple minority,

let alone print NotLiker t-shirts or offer NotLiker baseball caps.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 952 of 995

dj280;  You're a Problem Solver??   How many people do you think use this forum?  Lets say 1 out of 20,000, if that many (probably not). Now extrapolate that into the numbers you like but it still doesn't take into account the people that don't want their home page messed with..

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 953 of 995

so your sayin what, you want the t-shirts?

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 954 of 995

I want a T-shirt!  😊

Actually, 950 is pretty high, given the lack of this forum's visibility.  That's been a problem since it's inception back in 2003.  Back then, it was much easier than now to lobby Comcast via the forums, and we did manage, after several years of effort, to get a link to it on the home page.  I seem to remember that lasted about six months because "the forum software could not handle the increased load of posting", and began to melt down.  We call that era The Days of Jive.  Anyone else remember the Jive software?  It really was bad.  So, the forum links got buried again, and remain so to this day.

But it matters not. Comcast makes the pages to suit their needs.  This thread just gathered some (nowhere near all) of the posts in one spot.  I don't believe that anyone is even reading them.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 955 of 995

And to make matters worse, if a moderator does not like your post...  it is erased.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 956 of 995

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

I want a T-shirt!  😊

Actually, 950 is pretty high, given the lack of this forum's visibility.  That's been a problem since it's inception back in 2003.  Back then, it was much easier than now to lobby Comcast via the forums, and we did manage, after several years of effort, to get a link to it on the home page.  I seem to remember that lasted about six months because "the forum software could not handle the increased load of posting", and began to melt down.  We call that era The Days of Jive.  Anyone else remember the Jive software?  It really was bad.  So, the forum links got buried again, and remain so to this day.

But it matters not. Comcast makes the pages to suit their needs.  This thread just gathered some (nowhere near all) of the posts in one spot.  I don't believe that anyone is even reading them.

I remember Jive..  It might have been bad and very maligned, but was that the version that gave us the ability to choose a COLOR theme?  

This version is so confusing and lacking in continuity, that I find it impossible to follow threads, locate posts and threads I've responded to, view only new posts to the forums,  

and now as I pause to formulate my thoughts I get at the top of this page, An Unexpected Error has occurred. ???

Lets see if I captured it:

an unexpected error has occurred ~ reply window.png

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 957 of 995

BlueJay wrote:

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

I want a T-shirt!  😊

I remember Jive..  It might have been bad and very maligned, but was that the version that gave us the ability to choose a COLOR theme?  

This version is so confusing and lacking in continuity, that I find it impossible to follow threads, locate posts and threads I've responded to, view only new posts to the forums,  

and now as I pause to formulate my thoughts I get at the top of this page, An Unexpected Error has occurred. ???

BlueJay wrote:

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

I want a T-shirt!  😊

BlueJay wrote:

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

I want a T-shirt!  😊

Great job!! A picture is worth a thousand words!!!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 958 of 995

racerock wrote:

And to make matters worse, if a moderator does not like your post...  it is erased.

That is incorrect.  A post is removed if it violates Forum Guidelines; many of those posts are removed because of language circumventing. 

You can bet if you get a "filter notification" when you try to post, and then you try to mask or circumvent that word in your post, it will get removed.

Other posts are moved if they fit better in a different forum.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 959 of 995

Again wrote:

racerock wrote:

That is incorrect.  A post is removed if it violates Forum Guidelines; many of those posts are removed because of language circumventing. 

You can bet if you get a "filter notification" when you try to post, and then you try to mask or circumvent that word in your post, it will get removed.

I will bet that you folks delete a lot of post. Reason being you are a train wreck going somewhere to happen at our expense! The truth such as this is sure to be deleted. Have fun!!!!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 960 of 995

garyd409 wrote:

Again wrote:

racerock wrote:

I will bet that you folks delete a lot of post. Reason being you are a train wreck going somewhere to happen at our expense! The truth such as this is sure to be deleted. Have fun!!!!!!

Why would it be deleted?

FWIW, no, we don't delete a lot of posts.

But, this is a Help and Support Forum, not a complaint forum.  However, as long as someone is complaining within the Forum Guidelines they're allowed to do so.  Just because someone has a negative view or experience and posts it here doesn't mean it's removed.  Even Experts have a right to state their opinions about Comcast services or lack of help, and we have many times.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 961 of 995

Again wrote:

garyd409 wrote:

Again wrote:

racerock wrote:

Why would it be deleted?

But, this is a Help and Support Forum, not a complaint forum.  However, as long as someone is complaining within the Forum Guidelines they're allowed to do so.  Just because someone has a negative view or experience and posts it here doesn't mean it's removed.  Even Experts have a right to state their opinions about Comcast services or lack of help, and we have many times.

It's really not worth the hassel.....We just spent almost 3 days without Internet service due to a power outage that we were told would take 30 minutes to fix. Trust me. We are use to Comcast.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 962 of 995

garyd409 wrote:

Again wrote:

garyd409 wrote:

Again wrote:

racerock wrote:

Why would it be deleted?

It's really not worth the hassel.....We just spent almost 3 days without Internet service due to a power outage that we were told would take 30 minutes to fix. Trust me. We are use to Comcast.

Too bad you didn't post about it in the forums.  You may have gotten repair service more quickly.  Did you request a refund for the time your internet was out?  If not, start a new post in Customer Service and I'll escalate it for you if someone doesn't come along before I get there.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 963 of 995

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

We call that era The Days of Jive.  Anyone else remember the Jive software?  It really was bad.  

BlueJay wrote:

Yes, BJ, we could choose a color theme when the forum software was provided by Jive. It did not have a lot of bells and whistles.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 964 of 995

Queen-Evie wrote:

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

We call that era The Days of Jive.  Anyone else remember the Jive software?  It really was bad.  

BlueJay wrote:

Yes, BJ, we could choose a color theme when the forum software was provided by Jive. It did not have a lot of bells and whistles.

Thanks, QE, for that confirmation. It's getting so that I find it difficult to remember "what was" with so much "what is". 

Thank The Lord!!!   Autosaved has returned!!!  

Bells & whistles are great when harmoniously presented.   Tchaikovsky gave us the 1812 Overture.  The cacophony of this new revision of homepage and forums is quite irritating to the brain and eyes.  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Contributor

Message 965 of 995

BlueJay wrote:

Queen-Evie wrote:

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

BlueJay wrote:

Thanks, QE, for that confirmation. It's getting so that I find it difficult to remember "what was" with so much "what is". 

Thank The Lord!!!   Autosaved has returned!!!  

Bells & whistles are great when harmoniously presented.   Tchaikovsky gave us the 1812 Overture.  The cacophony of this new revision of homepage and forums is quite irritating to the brain and eyes.  

ciao, bj

This is how many happy campers with Comcast services. Now it is not just about the home page but 3 day outages!!This is what I find in my inbox every day! I would say someone is unhappy with ComcastThis is what I find in my inbox every day! I would say someone is unhappy with Comcast

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 966 of 995

I beg to differ with your opinion that the new home page provides a better experience. The experience that I and many other xfinity subcribers have to the new web page is that of having to suffer the new obnoxious home page and wish that xfinity would give the option of allowing the subscriber to retain the old home page. This however does not seem to be the case as the new home page is reloaded when entering the old url, despite the voluminous requests by xfinity customers. This seems to show an arrogance on part of xfinity that they really don't care about customer satisfaction. 

Rather than forcing this new home page on customers would it not be more productive for xfinity to spend that time to improve the reliability of service (temporary loss of service frequently happens) rather than spending an inordinate amount of time redoing the home page?  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 967 of 995

I thought I would give the new HOME PAGE some time to get used to...I can now unequivically say that I HATE IT.

It isn't easy to use and is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together each time I try and use it.

BRING BACK THE OLD HOME PAGE!!!!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 968 of 995

Yup, I sure do want the comcast site home page back , the new xfinity page stinks 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 969 of 995

Hate the new page - too much stuff, too long to load, too few menu items....

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 970 of 995
Posted by
New Poster

Message 971 of 995

YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU THINK I PAID GOOD MONEY TO BE FORCED TO DEAL WITH THE ADDS, POLITCS, AND AUTO ACTIVE CONTENT THAT MY LAPTOP STRUGGLES WITH.

GIVE AN EASY WAY TO SHUT IT ALL OFF SO WE CAN USE OUR PAID FOR BAND WIDTH.

YOU IMPRESS ME AS AN ADVERTISING FOOL THAT DOES NOT KNOW 65% OF THE MALES AND MYSELF ARE COLOR BLIND !

I HAVE MY OWN AJENDA AND WANT CONTROL BACK FOR MY NEEDS.

I AM VISION OMPAIRED AND REQUIRE THE SCREEN REALESTATE THAT YOU HAVE BLATANTLY STOLEN FROM ME !

GIVE IT BACK !!!!!!!!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 972 of 995

PLEASE GET MY OLD COMCAST'S HOME PAGE BACK IF NOT LOOKING AT OTHER COMPUTER  DEALS  THAT ANSWER IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CABLE SERVICE GO SO WERE ELSE                THAT'S   YOUR MOTTO LATELY CUSTOMER'S Service  IS GETTING WORSE NOBODY CARES ONLY RAISING YOUR BILLS  BY NICKLES AND DIMES     SOON  WHAT HAPPEN TO STATen  ISLAND CABLE AND VERIZON IS GOING TO HAPPEN HERS IN FLORIDA YOU LOOSE     YOU CANT EVEN GIVE A  REPLACEMENT ROUTER AT PUnta gorda OFFICE WITH THE RIGHT SERIAL NUMBERS ON IT IT TACKS TWO HOURS TO PUT BACK ON LINE  JOE P.  SO HURRY UP AND PAY

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 973 of 995

Restore the homepage, I have tried the new one for a while and I am not getting used to it, feels like I am on a Mac or Android because all my user control is hindered. Especially the news feeds are very annoying, removing all video controls, no pausing, rewinding, fullscreening or any control at all is unbearable. I used to like the news feeds, but I can't handle this. People use their computers instead of their TV's because they can control their experience, this negates the purpose.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 974 of 995

Donoman wrote:

Restore the homepage, I have tried the new one for a while and I am not getting used to it, feels like I am on a Mac or Android because all my user control is hindered. Especially the news feeds are very annoying, removing all video controls, no pausing, rewinding, fullscreening or any control at all is unbearable. I used to like the news feeds, but I can't handle this. People use their computers instead of their TV's because they can control their experience, this negates the purpose.

There is no indication that Comcast will restore the homepage so you may wat to look for another homepage for your news feed.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 975 of 995

I agree the new page is the pits, from day one. But, now they changed the background to "rainbow" and I know why, but now, because I have limited vision I can't see the 'search', etc.  Leave it black/blue, or whatever!!! Use an ad space (there are plenty) to decorate, but don't do it where it screws up using the service even more.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 976 of 995

Just go to google.com to do your web search.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 977 of 995

There are almost 1,000 post responses to this.  This re-design, as well as all the other Comcast/Xfinity Web page Re-Designs (and even Re-Designs of RE-Designs) that have all been going on, simultaneously, for 9 MONTHS, is not working out, at all, for the huge majority of Comcast Customers.

Exceedingly, few Comcast Customers, ever even know about--and/or even attempt to use the Comcast Community Forums.  The average user just wants to get onto the internet, email--they do not have any goals or aspirations to be forced into being geeks.  The average Customer just wants to use his services--and these cost a lot of money.

I know it is way too late--the damage will just continue right on.  These things REALLY did NOT and still DO NOT work out, at all, well for Comcast Customers. 

Why don't you just tell us when this stuff is going to be usable again?  Can you just do that, please?

Clearly, this was all way, way too much--and all at once--both simultaneously, as well as, ongoing--so much all at once.  Way, way, way too much change.  A little at a time--would have been so very much better for those who count--Comcast Customers--without their money, there would not be any Comcast. 

Again, when will any of this work, again?  Please, tell us the truth.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 978 of 995

it matters not to comcast what we the customer likes, dislikes, want or dont want we are stuck with what they do regardless as for no one reading these posts/forums I for one do.

I have posted my opinion before the only ones either not reading or really dont care is comcast! PERIOD!! but believe you me they are not afraid to charge for their wonderful new ideas regardless of whether or not the customer wants it you have no say! I have had more problems with internet not connecting -redirecting and all sorts of issues since this new home page-its junk!

and comcast is suppose to be listening to the customer every time I see their ads I think ya right! If not for the fact they werent the only game in town or in the sticks trust be I would change in a heart beat but they have a lot of us over a barrel if we want service at all and this is suppose to be a Christian company????????? Just like majority all about the money! Enough said

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 979 of 995

Well they probably figure that since their broadband speeds dont have any competition for most areas that they can do whatever they want and people are stuck with it since there is no better option for the time being, but one days that will change then there will be no talking people out of leaving since they will be so tired of it. We all reap what we sew eventually. I know some people have often thought of bailing for slower speeds just to escape, lol.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 980 of 995

If your going to change things at least make sure they work. Making it look slick but losing fuction is inane You've over complicated navigation, why would I want to click through 30 pages of networks instead scrolling down 1.You've been pushing the new page for weeks why not spend that time fixing it. Content is missing and extra oversized graphics serve no purpose, just nonsense i have to sift through to find what I want. Not sure what your goals were but if pleasing customers was one you have failed. And really with the bad words are you kidding me swearing ok but your filter is just making it difficult to tell you you've made a mistake with this so called inprovement. I'm not 8 years old or prone to name calling.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 981 of 995

I liked the old page,

you could see what was new ,

filter out anything you did not want to watch

i find it very hard to find the programs that ran last night 

and the most recent does not give you all of the TV shows that ran last night

i would love to see the old format come back

Posted by
New Poster

Message 982 of 995

I posted and here are some other comments

When you go to TV and most recent

it is not the most recent, it is shows that ran over a week ago and the once from last night and last week are not showing

ALso you can see what is new , that is not available when you g oto all episodes 

This FOrmat is not user Friendly

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 983 of 995
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 984 of 995

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filter]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 985 of 995

Dig out the wrecking ball.  Extremely high CPU usage.  Constantly freezes and slows to a crawl.  Far too much shockwave/flash content that stops working.  News items are more about vanity than real life. Not all of us live and die celeb news.   I don't even like logging in anymore, especially at work.  I click the News tab and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is still in the marquee.  Huh?  And that makes sense to you, Comcast?  Let us choose our own home page.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 986 of 995

twohand wrote:

Dig out the wrecking ball.  Extremely high CPU usage.  Constantly freezes and slows to a crawl.  Far too much shockwave/flash content that stops working.  News items are more about vanity than real life. Not all of us live and die celeb news.   I don't even like logging in anymore, especially at work.  I click the News tab and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is still in the marquee.  Huh?  And that makes sense to you, Comcast?  Let us choose our own home page.

You're free to use any webpage as your homepage.  You're not bound to use Comcast's homepage.  If you're using webmail, once you sign in set a Bookmark/Favorite for it, or use an email client, and then pick out a homepage you want to use and set it in your browser.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 987 of 995

I do not want comcast to choose what I see on my homepage.  I do not view CNN as a reliable news source.  Please let me know how to custoize my page or I'll have to go to another venue.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 988 of 995

You can't customize the page.  Not to worry, though, there are thousands of much better ones out there.  Just choose one (or more) and switch.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 989 of 995

I agree. Give us the option to customize our view.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 990 of 995

They've done so several times in the past, only to revoke it later.  It's been claimed that customizable websites were "too difficult to maintain."  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 991 of 995

I switched from Comcast's home page and my email early last summer.  I was getting too many problems with pages not loading and I was getting the same junk mail over and over, even though I blocked it.  I never really looked at the homepage anyway. I look at email and then go to other pages. I now get the script checker coming up everytime I visit Comcast to visit my account to check my bill.  It is probably because I use Firefox instead of Safari.  Why won't Comcast work with Firefox?  With Safari I kept getting the spinning ball and Firefox works much better for me.  

I don't like the new homepage any better than the old one.  There are too many ads from Comcast and others.  The my account pages are also hard to navigate.  I tried linking my accounts and it didn't work.  I wasn't getting the bill for the second account. It is inconvenient to say the least.  One of my accounts would not let me use my email or phone number because it was already in use by me as administrator to my other account.  I need to be administrator for both accounts and I need messages and emails to be sent to the same address.  Comcast is just a hot mess and I hate paying  more and more and getting less and less.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 992 of 995

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 993 of 995

Why does all the news on tthe home page come from nbc or msnbc? Are there no other news sources out there? I would prefer sources and stories from different sources...fox, cnn, abc, et al. Diversity is the key. I hate this one sided 'journalism'...who chooses this defication?

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 994 of 995

The highest bidder gets the website real estate. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 995 of 995

T..  

There's nothing that says you must comcast for a home page for news..  You could try https://news.google.com/     or do a search and find some that are to your liking and bookmark them to open with your browser.

edited.. 9/8 .. bj