Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New My.Xfinity.com Home Page Post Feedback Here

Regular Visitor

Re: New home page

My computer at work still goes to the old home page whem i log in, could this be a setting on the computer, or an older computer? Has anyone heard anything from Comcast? 

New Poster

It is not your computers. Comcast is manipulating your home page by location.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for that info. so I guess there is no way to change it. 

Valued Contributor

Re: New xfinity home page

On the new Xfinity Home Page, how do I navigate to DVR management, tv listings, etc. that were on the left hand side of the old Home Page?

Frequent Visitor

I HATE the new Comcast home page! I'm not the only one!

I see this topic several times. The recommendations at the bottom of the page from Comcast say nothing about how to change it back! "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

It's ugly, purple and blurry. I called Customer Service and the rep didn't know what I was talking about, although he was very pleasant, no one told him of the change.

Regular Visitor

Re: I HATE the new Comcast home page! I'm not the only one!

ME TOOOOOOOOOO

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Homepage in process of Remodel.

Using Google I get the new homepage which I detest beyond words.  Ever since the new homepage the video's don't work on my macbook pro.  I finally went looking for a solution today and checked out Safari which I'm not crazy about but found the old Comcast homepage and my video's work.  

My Conclusion:  It's a COMCAST issue and not mine!  Please fix this!!!!

Not a happy camper.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Look To Xfinity.com Web Page

I so agree with your message.  Don't like it at all.

Is the old way gone forever?  Too bad you can't link to all areas like before.

Where's the tutorial?

New Poster

we should have a choice of which home page we want

Email Expert

You can use anything you like as your homepage if you don't want the one from Comcast .  My Yahoo and My MSN are both quite good, and you can customize them to some extent, unlike Comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I agree that the new Xfinity Home page is terrible. I guess customer input does not count. Need to fire the designers for such a crappy design.

Regular Visitor

HATE the new Xfinity home page.  It takes forever to load all the junk, and I do NOT want to have to watch videos in order to get the news.

Switched to Google for my own home page unless/until I find something better.  You messed up, Xfinity!

Regular Visitor

Comcast Computer Internet Screen Format has changed, so how do I get my old one back?

About two weeks ago Xfinity/Comcast, with out asking our opinion, changed the Scree format.

See the old sreen ( which I love). But now I have a screen format that is ugly, hard to navigate and leaves me angry. So if any of you have an answer to solve my problem.please advise.

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 4.09.12 PM.png
Regular Visitor

I have Armstrong as my ISP at another location and it stills loads the previous Comcast homepage with current news and info.  I too HATE, HATE, HATE this new format.  Been on Comcast since they bought out Adelphia.  If I could could get Armstrong here too, I'd jump in a New York Minute.

New Poster

HATE, HATE, HATE the new homepage.... will be changing....

Regular Visitor

New home page lay out .

Do we have to accept the new home page lay out ? Looks like AOL and if I wanted that

I would use AOL .

Denny

Problem Solver

Re: New home page lay out .

you're free to make any publicly available web page on the internet your Home Page.

do so in your web browser's options / settings.

New Poster

We hate this homepage and give us the option to have the older version back, you made my mother believe that her computer was hacked due to her homepage not looking correct. Correct this issue or we will drop you for cheaper services with CenturyLink.

New Poster

Comcast fix this "broken" new homepage and go back to the basic page. Not paying my bill anymore for something I never choose to accept.
Regular Contributor

Well, I must be missing something here. I've been hearing about a new homepage for a while but have never seen it. I don't even know how to find it! Sounds like people aren't too pleased with it but I'd at least like to look at it! I know one thing. I can't stand the one I have now. It's like a gossip rag. It's like having People magazine or the old National Enquirer or something hitting you in the face every time you fire up your computer. To me it's absolutely worthless. Boy I miss the days when you could customize your page....pick what you WANT on it... But anyway!......how can I get a look at the new page? Any help would be appreciated. For some reason I can't seem to find it.
Regular Visitor

I so totally agree, Sharla!!!!!  What a horrible mess!!  I can't stand to look at it, so I just leave Facebook up. Will go to it for mail only and use google. I sent feedback to Comcast, and got a response thanking me for using Xfinity.  Go figure. A bunch of blithering idiots as far as I'm concerned!

Regular Visitor

I too hate the new web page. I am looking for a way to keep old one. If you find way let us know.

Regular Visitor

We are all still waiting for that to be an option.  Doubtful they will acknowledge its bad bad bad...!!  Probably getting a kick out of irritating their subscribers. Typical low quality tech response to just ignor and not deal with quality control issues...!!!

Regular Visitor

Well they did say they would pass on mt complaint. Such a big help

Regular Visitor

• Well, it might be short lived, but I have the old home page back this morning! Just showed up. I didn't do anything. I'm just praying that it stays and the new one went to wherever god-awful home pages go!
Regular Visitor

I have sent some negative respone as well and asked if they can give an opt out button. Maybe time to change, getting way too expensive anyway.

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Comcast Computer Internet Screen Format has changed, so how do I get my old one back?

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Computer Internet Screen Format has changed, so how do I get my old one back?

Anon,

I have emailed Jenny-Gendron, the California Region Media Relations Manager (jenny_gendron@cable.com, who said she had no idea that the I.T. dept. was making an excange. But she would forward my email to her dept.

After a week with no response I emailed her again and she said she would sent another email and I should get a response by the next week. But she did not have any control over what I.T. does.

I have chated  with the help deask online, gone down to their local office in Sunnyvale, CA, but they had no idea how to change back to the original format. They even sent a tech out to my house, but hedid not have clue on how to get my old screen format back. And laughed at me for going to so much trouble. I hope you have better luck. Ken

Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 9.02.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 9.02.30 PM.png
Regular Visitor

Anon, I attached a sampe of Yahoo's Internet Screen Format, to show that Comcast is not the onlyFormat.

Frequent Visitor

Csn someone please give me the URL for the new Xfinity Home Page.  I have not been able to find the article with the new page URL.  I want to use the new look, which is an easier to use and uncluttered and is much easier to use on my tablet, especially my Android tablet.  I updated my home page to use the new one.  It appeared that the new page was now the regular page, but after updated my Internet Options back to the regular URL and restarted my browser, it went back to the original Xfinity home page. Because I am now using Windows 10, I can't figure how to find it using my browser history because the IE 11 does not appear to have a way to access the history.

Frequent Visitor

I feel like it is just an advertisement of NBC and affiliates.  Those things are too prominent.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I agree the new look is not so great.  For my computer, the existing page is best, but for my tablet and smartphone, the new page is better because it is more friendly for touch screen devises.

I used to use msn.com as my home page on my computer, but msn page loads VERY SLOW, especially on windows 10, compared to the existing or new comcast page.  I will just use the existing comcast page until it is replaced.  I agree they need to improve the new xfinity home page. 

Regular Visitor

Here is a post that I made on a website that was reviewing numerous home pages for those looking to make a change - which I currently am doing because the new home page is a bust.  "I am a Comcast customer. I tolerated the old home page because it had all the information that I needed in a reasonable format. Their 20 second news and entertainment clips were typically preceded by a 15 to 30 second commercial advertisement. You might hear the same advertisement multiple times in a row if you clicked on multiple clips. I stopped viewing their clips because of this. Today, they changed the home page into a piece of junk. It appears to be picture/video based, which is not my style. I like more text descriptions, with a small picture to highlight the text. I talked with one of their representatives online to vent my displeasure with the new format. I asked how I could get the old home page content/format back. I was told that this was the new improved format and that I could not go back. I indicated that I would be looking for a new home page, and mentioned a few that I was familiar with. I also told the representative that I did not request any changes or improvements and that they would now lose me as one of their home page users (and whatever revenue that I generated for them). I indicated that I would only come back to pay my bill online and to look for support if I needed it. Of course, the representative (as part of her training) said that she understood my feelings and was sorry that she could not help me. I never received any surveys in an email asking me about the home page or what I liked/hated about it. You would think, that if a company is going to make drastic changes to something that their customers use everyday and have come to depend on, that they would at least ask those costumers their opinions. My guess is that the improvements are directed at improving Comcast's bottom line and not the user's comfort and ease of use. To me, this is similar to Microsoft's huge mistake when they made "improvements" to Windows 7 and came up with the total flop of Windows 8. Please note that these are my opinions, and that some of you may find the new format completely to your liking."  Note that if you do not like the new home page, please show your feeling either to Comcast or on this forum.  Perhaps if there are enough of us protesting this lates failure, then Comcast will change it back to resemble the old home page.  If not, then I suggest that you also start looking for a new (not Xfinity) home page.  If they find the usage down 30 or 40  percent, maybe that will hit them where it hurts.

New Poster

xfinity user interface

Lately, when I've clicked on the big blue "e" to open internet explorer, I sometimes get the older, more famiiar home-page, and sometimes the newer, more confusing home-page.  I don't like the new one, and I'd like to know how to return to the older one.

New Poster

Re: xfinity user interface

I agree!  I want the older hame page, too

New Poster

Home Page

I dislike the new format of the home page. Is there anyway I can go back to the original?

New Poster

I agree with the assessment that the Xfinity home page is a terrible substitute for the Comcast home page.  I found it annoyingly devoid of useful content at first glance. I will switch to a hard news service or other headline rich home page rather that use this information desert they are foisting on us.

My home page already changed over without my consent on two browsers but I was able to reset my default home page back to the old version for now using a saved internet address.

Tags (1)
New Poster

my xvfinitty page changed without me doing it. How do I get my old page back

my xfinity home page changed layout without me doing it. I called comcast the lady did not know what I was talking about. anyone can help me ? I want my old page back. 

Service Expert

Re: my xvfinitty page changed without me doing it. How do I get my old page back

Comcast/Xfinity is in the process of rolling out a new homepage.  Once you have it, there is no going back to the previous homepage.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I want my old homepage back.

I want my old homepage back.   Xfinity through Comcast

Silver Problem Solver

Re: I want my old homepage back.

mlh54880 wrote:

I want my old homepage back.   Xfinity through Comcast

Hello,

You can not.

Gold Problem Solver

mlh54880 wrote: I want my old homepage back.   Xfinity through Comcast

Please see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-My-Xfinity-com-Home-Page/m-p/2653437#U2653437

Regular Visitor

Found a back door into the old / original Comcast Home Page .

Went to GZoogle Chrome and typed " Comcast.net home "page into the google search and it brought up the link to the old comcast home page .

Closed the window and now Mozilla Firefox brings it up in the familiar format .

Life is good again .

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Old Home Page back!

I want the old home page back! 3/4 of the new one is advertising and not as clear as the old one.

Service Expert

You might want to read this announcement made 12/7/2015.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Just when I thought Xfinity could not get any worse. Will be changing my home page as well.

Service Expert
Moved:

Contributor

So...who makes these decisions?  I only have Comcast here because Dish and Direct TV are not as good.

Service Expert
Moved:

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Old Home Page back!

pjgans wrote:

I want the old home page back! 3/4 of the new one is advertising and not as clear as the old one.

I thought it looked like a lot more than 3/4.  Navigation is hidden, too.   But once you're migrated, you can't go back.