members

online now

discussions

New My.Xfinity.com Home Page Post Feedback Here

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 82 of 995

Hi all,

As some of you have already seen, we're updating the My Xfinity home page.  Continuing through early 2016, the My.Xfinity.com home page is being updated to make it a more consistent experience across all of our XFINITY sites. The new site retains all of the same features and functions, while adding new features such as enhanced service management and account alerts.

If you are not yet getting the new site and want to check it out, you can see it here: http://my.xfinity.com/

For those that are already seeing the new site, the old page is no longer available. While the page has a new look, it has all of the same features and functions. Please feel free to use our Submit Feedback link, or post here, and let us know what you think of the new page and things you would like to see added or changed.

Key Navigation Changes

There are a few navigation changes to note.

The dashboard that was on the left-hand side of the old home page has been removed from the new home page.

• In the top right of the page you'll find icons to get to TV and Email.

• Three Dots (More) Icon - The three dots next to the email icon gives access to Saved TV Programs (DVR Manager), Guide (TV Listings), Bill Pay, XFINITY On Demand, the XFINITY Toolbar, Constant Guard, and more.

• At the top left of the page:
    • Three Horizontal Lines Icon - In this drop-down menu you'll find XFINITY Home, XFINITY Voice and more.

• Popular content from the old home page has been added to the middle of the page where the white section starts. The new modules show different content like U.S. NEWS, POLITICS, ENTERTAINMENT, SCIENCENATIONAL, SPORTS, FINANCE, VIDEOS, and GAMES.

Thanks for your patience while we're remodeling and for using the My Xfinity home page!

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
994 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 995

This new page sucks. Not very user friendly to find info easy. You'd think Comcast would ask it's customer's if they thought the old web page needed an upgrade?????????? If it's not BROKE don't FIX it

Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 995

Does anybody else want the old Homepage back ???   I sure do

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 3 of 995

gwalters82 wrote:

Does anybody else want the old Homepage back ???   I sure do

I don't.  On the other hand, I don't want this one, either. 

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 4 of 995

WallyWalrus wrote:

This new page s ucks. Not very user friendly to find info easy. You'd think Comcast would ask it's customer's if they thought the old web page needed an upgrade?????????? If it's not BROKE don't FIX it

They've never asked before.  Why would they now?  Just find another one that suits your needs, change to that, and don't look back.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 5 of 995

WTP, would you mind posting a screenshot for me?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 6 of 995

WallyWalrus wrote:

This new page sucks. Not very user friendly to find info easy. You'd think Comcast would ask it's customer's if they thought the old web page needed an upgrade?????????? If it's not BROKE don't FIX it

It was broken before, and seems more broken now. Everything is being designed to view on tablets and phones now.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 7 of 995

A new my xfinity web page pops up now instead of the old one.  How do I get back to the old one.  New one sucks.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 8 of 995

Joeyf wrote:

A new my xfinity web page pops up now instead of the old one.  How do I get back to the old one.  New one s ucks.

If they've changed it, you probably can't.  I haven't seen the Comcast home page in so long I wouldn't know if it had changed or not.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 995

I am getting new home webpage on the Comcast Site, says remodeling in progress.

I don't like this new homepage, can't find a thing.  Knowing Comcast we will all

be stuck with the new homepage. 

What are users thoughts ?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 10 of 995

Thoughts--   

Bookmark the links you use from the comcast home page..

Find another home page or pages..  I love - http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html , the photos are heavenly.  Smiley Wink  

If you want news try-  https://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=in&pog=false.

I also use, as one of my opeing tabs in IE, http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security

And - https://www.yahoo.com/

Once that's done, wave goodby to comcast's homepage and NEVER look back..   I did it many many years ago.  Smiley Happy'

good luck, ciao, bj

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 995

Thanks BlueJay for your thoughts on the Comcast Homepage remodel.

I like your suggestions, my only problem is the email as we have 5 email

box's under my comcast account.  Is there a way to get to the Comcast Email

without going through the new Homepage?  My TV and Internet account is

also through Comcast, so maybe I am just stuck unless you have ideas?

Thanks.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 12 of 995

You're welcome, Charles, I don't know about multiple mail boxes, but the link in the following thread has served me well since I started using it.   Have patience and see if it meets your needs.  

Good luck, ciao, bj

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Direct-login-into-xfinity-email/m-p/129...

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 13 of 995

charles1814 wrote:

Thanks BlueJay for your thoughts on the Comcast Homepage remodel.

I like your suggestions, my only problem is the email as we have 5 email

box's under my comcast account.  Is there a way to get to the Comcast Email

without going through the new Homepage?  My TV and Internet account is

also through Comcast, so maybe I am just stuck unless you have ideas?

Thanks.

The best way out of the email dilemma is to install an email client, a program you install on your computer that downloads mail to your machine.  There are a number of free ones;  most of them have many more features than any webmail.  Examples are Thunderbird (my favorite), Windows Live Mail (I think it's still available).  Windows 8 and 10 have sort of an email program.  If you have Microsoft Office, you've got Outlook.  Most, if not all, can handle multiple email accounts.  That way, you never need to see the Comcast home page.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 995

Hate the new homepage. Terrible terrible terrible. That's as politically correct as i can put it. Will start looking for something else tomorrow. Dunno. Maybe Google, Yahoo, maybe even MSN ......

Posted by
New Poster

Message 15 of 995

I do not like the new format of the comcast home page.  Any way to get the old format back?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 16 of 995

grovernette wrote:

I do not like the new format of the comcast home page.  Any way to get the old format back?

No, it is not possible.  You can select any homepage you wish to have open when you startup your browser though.....it doesn't have to be the Comcast home page.
-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 17 of 995

the NEW Comcast is preaching Customer Service, paying attention to the customer .... yeah. Maybe in another 100 years. This home page stinks. Once upon a time you could customize the homepage, but the got rid of that because there "wasn't enough interest".  So there is interest in THIS??? This is TERRRIBLE! i'll be changing to Bing or Yahoo or something real soon if it's not changed. There is nothing on the page  that is user friendly to me. But then, i'm just a customer .... 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 18 of 995

When I first saw the new homepage I thought something was wrong. This is horrible. Why fix things that aren't broken?????

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 995

I agree, the web page has not hardly changed in many years.

Everyone knows where everything is located on the website,

so now lets change it - for what reason.  Have had trouble

fining email several times.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 20 of 995
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 21 of 995

The world according to Comcast...........if it ain't broke, by all means fix it til it is!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 22 of 995

For the past week and a half, when I toggle back to the my.xfinity.com page from another page, I do not get the page back that I originally had.  Instead I get something with great big huge pictures of celebrities and very few actual links (also called my.xfinity.com).  I don't need to look at the pictures, I can read.  And I also do not appreciate the drastic reduction in the links to actual information on the new page.  Sometimes if I toggle back and forth a few times the original my.xfinity.com page returns, but usually the only way I can get it back is to close Safari and re-open it, meaning that I have to log into my email all over again.  I don't know what Comcast has done recently to cause this, but I would like it fixed.  I called Customer Service, and was essentially told they didn't know what it was, why it was happening, and how to stop it.  Does this have anything to do with smart phones (as in, oh well, EVERYONE has a smart phone, let's design all our pages for it)?  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 23 of 995

btram wrote:

The world according to Comcast...........if it ain't broke, by all means fix it til it is!

Ditto - Too many geeks justifying their position via "Changes". Can hear their pitch on the homepage change - Hey, lets compress customer data/info space and expand advertising space. They will never figure it out. We can provide " More User Friendly" as buzz rationale.  This great idea should provide me with another month of employment. Back to work changing......So long to a very comfortable, functional customer homepage format. Sad.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 24 of 995

Pretty well mirrors my thoughts!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 25 of 995

I do not know what else to do.  I am not seeing any options and not any symbols and not any links to began a New Post and/or A New Subject.

Can someone really knowledgeable, please reply to this, as soon as possible.  I am sorry if this is the wrong forum.  I am getting a very long drop-down list of very screwy places to choose to participate.  But additionally--the problem of no choice for a NEW POST

I did manage to post something about this current problem to which I am replying--but I did not do this in a reply.  I have no idea what forum I was on--only because something has happened to what I am seeing about the whole FORUM thing, in general.

Two weeks ago, the whole Forum in my area was malfunctioning.  Sometimes these are specific area problems with specific Comcast web/ website servers. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 26 of 995

I hate the new homepage!  Please change it back

Posted by
New Poster

Message 27 of 995

When I use mozilla firefox as the browser and comcast.net as my homepage, I get a new my Xfinity homepage that has a black background and redesign new look.  When I use internet explorer I get my old comcast.net homepage with the white background.  Did comcast change their homepage look?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 28 of 995

They appear to be testing the new layout. It's random whether you get the old or new one.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 29 of 995

I really hate this new home page. What happened to old one? I want the old one back

Posted by
New Poster

Message 30 of 995

Hello,

I would like to get my old xfinity home page back. Is that possible??

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 31 of 995

Sorry, no.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 32 of 995

The new xfinity home page stinks.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 33 of 995

I agree- the new xfinity web page is terrible. Comast will either go back to the original web scene. or I willl find another carrier.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 34 of 995

scannonsr wrote:

I agree- the new xfinity web page is terrible. Comast will either go back to the original web scene. or I willl find another carrier.

Just find another home page.  Comcast won't be going back to the former homepage.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 35 of 995

i am still on the old xfinity home page i have not got the new xfinity  home page yet

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 36 of 995

It more than stinks -- it is atrocious!!  What about  'if it aint broke, don't fix it" does comcast

not understand??!!

I will definitely stop using this to quickly view news/current happenings from now on -- it is

impossible to use.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 37 of 995

Does anyone else not like the new home page? It look terrible and the old one was much easier to navigate. Is there a way to switch back to the old one? 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 38 of 995

the new home page is awful.  quit pushing videos down my throat.  i LIKE to read.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 39 of 995

lutra wrote:

the new home page is awful.  quit pushing videos down my throat.  i LIKE to read.

I like reading, too, which is why I use Google News.

As for email, create a Bookmark/Favorite, and use that.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 40 of 995

Having loads of problems with new homepage.  Difficult to navigate through all the ads. The weather app is hidden behind an ad....Much prefer the old homepage, but will hold out hope that Comcast works out all the bugs....

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 41 of 995

I was surprised to see the change in the look of the xfinity.com web page. I had much difficulty navigating this site and understanding it. 

Personally I liked the old one and I certainly have no complaints about it. 

During the day the old site would appear and this made me happy!! :-)  

I'd really appreciate this new "look" would be cancelled and the old look would remain. The old adage still is true "If it ain't broke - don't fix it" !!!!

Even just to get to the TV schedule took quite a search and I wasted much time in getting there. 

The layout of this new "look" is the pitts and it is not only confusing but downright a jumbled up mess! 

I rely on your web site for my news and other impoirtant things. If this new site continues I just might have to look for something else which is less confusing and easier to navigate!

Since this site is a portal to everything 'comcast" it should be something which people would nave no problem navigating and should have good eye appeal. This new site has none of these qualities imho! 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 42 of 995

Hay, looks like Comcast is having all kinds of problems with new Homepage.

Noticed that late last night and today has gone back to original Homepage.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 43 of 995

Firede up the old computer early yesterday morning, went to the net and much to my happy surprise, their was the old Comcast home page. I became a happy camper for the remainder of the day! Leave the old one on ande junk that monstrosity you created!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 44 of 995

I fully agree that this new "homepage" is impossible to use and to navigate. There is nothing "homey" about it. To me it is more like an alien landscape!

When will Comcast ever learn the meaning of the phrase "If it ain't broke - don't fix it" !!!

Just my opinion mind you - 'Nuff said!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 45 of 995

I can't stand the new home page.  Just awful, too dark and gloomy. Whom ever suggested this new layout should be fired.   Get it right comcast.  If its not broke, don't fix it.  I go straight to my mail now don't even bother with the news anymore.  It's discusting.  We want options to change back to old home page  Make it happen soon, going back to XXX for my news.  Just terrible...!!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 46 of 995

Hate the new home page - have so much trouble locate my favorites and now it is showing up on the side taking up lots of space!  If I close it, it will take me another hour to locate where the heck it is.  How do we get the old home page back?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 47 of 995

Comcast has made the home page terrible!  No one likes it. We for one, should have been notified IF you were making a change, two, we should have the option of using the old page if desired. Poor business decision Comcast!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 48 of 995

Over the last year I have not viewed Xfinity video news. I find that the small screen and long advertisments distracting and time consuming. Not only are the videos presented in a small screen format, but they take too long to get to the point.

As a result I have used other sites for news and current events.

I do understand that advertising is necessary, but I pay a premium to use Xfinity,

After being a 30 year customer , my family and I are now searching other providers for the same service at lower prices with better content.

Sincerely

Michael Driscoll 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 49 of 995

Hate the new home page! Have gone back to Yahoo. Hate all this pushing TV shows and videos I want new info and easy sports stories