New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Need to unlink my mom's account from my login

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 12

15 years ago, or so, I created an account with a non-Comcast e-mail.  Several years after that I added my mom's account (different service address/different account number) as a sub-account to my login (back when you could do that), since she didn't have internet and I needed to easily control her account.  Eventually I added internet to my account, which in turn made the new Comcast e-mail the primary user and the original non-Comcast e-mail an unrestricted secondary user.  The problem is my mom's account is still connected to the original non-Comcast e-mail login and she just signed up for Xfinity Voice.  I can no longer make any changes to her account because it is considered a secondary user account.  I've tried transferring admin rights to the original login and keep getting an error message.  I've tried creating a new user account for my mom's account and, of course, it keeps telling me one already exists.  Is there a way to just separate out my mom's account so that it is unlinked from mine, with her own unique username and password... without losing any of the automatic billing info and history?  This whole mess started because she accidentally deleted the voice mail that was issuing her new Voice Security PIN (without writing it down) and I tried to have it resent from her account - only to get the message that the account is restricted.  Someone please tell me a separate account can easily be created for her (as a primary user account), before I lose my mind any further.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 11 of 12
Solution

Thank you for all your time and patience, amahana! Please don't hesitate to reach me if you get any questions.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
11 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 2 of 12

Anyone have any idea of who/correct customer service area to call to unlink my mom's account?  I'm not looking forward to another 2 hour long call to Comcast (already had 2 of those in the past two weeks) to get this sorted out.  I need to regain control of her account, because right now I can do absolutely nothing with it - outside of logging in and repeatedly closing the window that says I have restricted access anytime I click on something.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 12

Hi Allee28, I can assist you with unlinking your moms account from your login. Please send me a private message by click on my name (ComcastAmir) and click "Private message me" and provide your account number, username, and the full name on your account. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 4 of 12

Thanks for replying, I would love to be able to PM you with that information except the forum will not let me.  If you have a way of allowing me to do so please let me know.  Otherwise, I don't know if you can pull my e-mail address from my forum account to maybe contact me that way?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 12

Allee28, I sent you a PM from my end. Please enter your information into the body of the message. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 6 of 12

Hi Amir, I'm guessing the solution was to delete the secondary login.  Of course that was the one the Allee28 forum account was tied to, so I didn't get to see your last private message before that login was deleted.  I was shown the username for my mom's new account when I checked to see if I could create one with her account number, so we're halfway there.  I just don't have the password for it.  If you are able to private message me with the password under this forum user name that would be great.  Otherwise, they won't let me reset the password without her voice security pin (which they say they are mailing... again... and hopefully we'll receive it this time since it's the second time we've requested it).  If you are unable to PM the password you set for the new login I will let you know how it works out after we receive the pin in the mail.  Thanks again for your help.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 7 of 12

Hey, Amir!  I'm still getting notifications (not sure how since it keeps telling me my account doesn't exist), at the non-comcast e-mail, that you sent another private message to the Allee28 user account, but like I said, I can't access the forum under that account anymore.  The notification e-mails just include the subject of your PM, not the body (I didn't realize you could change that setting, before).  So if you could, please PM me at the amahana user account since I'm unable to retrieve any messages sent to Allee28.  Thanks.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 12

Hi, amahana! I'm following up for Amir. There is no way for us to reset passwords via forums. But you can change the password on your end using the "forgot password" link under the sign in section. If you need a Voice Security PIN, I can send it via text message. If the account has not been open for more than 30 days the only option is to mail it. Since the username is different, I will need to verify you again. Please send me your name, address, and a phone number in a private message. Thank you

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 9 of 12

Hi, Ella.  No, I'm not asking him to reset a password.  I never had the password, Amir just created the account for me (including the username and password) and presumably gave me the login details, via private message, under the "Allee28" forum account and/or explained how he unlinked my mom's account... only problem being he deleted/deactivated the account the "Allee28" login was tied to and I can't access the private messages he's sending me.  I'm still, somehow, getting notifications that private messages are being sent, but the login isn't recognized as valid anymore so I can't sign in and retrieve them (I didn't realize I could set a preference to show the body of the message in the notification e-mail, so I'm not seeing it that way either).  Basically, I'm just asking if Amir could private message to "amahana" the last two messages he sent me at "Allee28".  He has a list of the account numbers and usernames connected to the accounts, so he should recognize this one. 

I only just created this forum account to let him know I couldn't use the "Allee28" one anymore, and as a "new user" I'm unable to private message anyone.  So I can't send you any of the information you requested.  I did chat with someone on Friday who said they were mailing out the pin, so hopefully that will actually arrive in a few days and I'll be able to reset the password.  In the meantime, I just want Amir to know I'm not seeing his replies and I can't re-contact him via private message.  If you could just let him know that, in the event he hasn't seen these posts, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks for your help.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 12

I can see the whole conversation between you and Amir and I included Amir's reply in my last message. I activated your PM feature and I will send you a private message with more details. Please check your inbox. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 11 of 12
Solution

Thank you for all your time and patience, amahana! Please don't hesitate to reach me if you get any questions.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 12 of 12

Thanks again, Ella.  You've been great to deal with!