Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Need to unlink my mom's account from my login

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

15 years ago, or so, I created an account with a non-Comcast e-mail.  Several years after that I added my mom's account (different service address/different account number) as a sub-account to my login (back when you could do that), since she didn't have internet and I needed to easily control her account.  Eventually I added internet to my account, which in turn made the new Comcast e-mail the primary user and the original non-Comcast e-mail an unrestricted secondary user.  The problem is my mom's account is still connected to the original non-Comcast e-mail login and she just signed up for Xfinity Voice.  I can no longer make any changes to her account because it is considered a secondary user account.  I've tried transferring admin rights to the original login and keep getting an error message.  I've tried creating a new user account for my mom's account and, of course, it keeps telling me one already exists.  Is there a way to just separate out my mom's account so that it is unlinked from mine, with her own unique username and password... without losing any of the automatic billing info and history?  This whole mess started because she accidentally deleted the voice mail that was issuing her new Voice Security PIN (without writing it down) and I tried to have it resent from her account - only to get the message that the account is restricted.  Someone please tell me a separate account can easily be created for her (as a primary user account), before I lose my mind any further.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 3

Anyone have any idea of who/correct customer service area to call to unlink my mom's account?  I'm not looking forward to another 2 hour long call to Comcast (already had 2 of those in the past two weeks) to get this sorted out.  I need to regain control of her account, because right now I can do absolutely nothing with it - outside of logging in and repeatedly closing the window that says I have restricted access anytime I click on something.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hi Allee28, I can assist you with unlinking your moms account from your login. Please send me a private message by click on my name (ComcastAmir) and click "Private message me" and provide your account number, username, and the full name on your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon