Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBOGO authentication problems

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 9

I've spent over 4hrs with tech support on this to no avail.

I can't login to HBOGO to activate an appleTV, nor can I simply login to use the ipad app or just a web browser on my computer. I can watch HBO on the Xfinity website on my computer.

The issue is that when I attempt to login to HBOGO.com, the Xfinity login hijacks the website so that I am redirected to Xfinity rather than HBOGO.

I am beyond frustrated with tech support. Any ideas?

Robert

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 9

I'm having the same issue.  I jumped on twitter and tweeted at Comcast Matt.  I just did that now, so I'm not sure when I'll get a response, but I have a sinking feeling that they pulled the plug on HBOGo in favor of the Xfinity app which I wouldn't mind if I could use it with my Apple TV or Chromecast (and get current shows like Vice), but their app doesn't stream to either.  Thinking of cancelling my coverage if this is the case.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 9

Yup, I am having the same issue. This is very irritating.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 9

I was given a authentication number but wnen singnig in i'm never asked for my authentication,so  I don't no what to do 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 9

I'm having the same issue.
Been working with Tech Support (including App Support Team) for a few days. No resolution as of today.

No matter the platform, none of our accounts can authenticate with the HBO Go application, but I can use Xfinity TV Go to watch HBO shows and I can use the SHO Anytime app succesfully.
I reached out to HBO and they said the problem was with the Comcast Xfinity Log In page.

It is very possible that there is an issue with the account permissions settings in the Comcast database. Comcast recently changed account numbers and even billing dates so I suspect some kind of database error.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 9

All is well that ends well. I was able to log in to HBOGO today (11/19/14). Don't know how Comcast fixed the issue, but I suspect the recent billing changes in the Philadelphia area may have affected the user settings, permissions or other database entries. I will test HBOGO on AppleTV and on the desktop later today and will call back to report my findings to the great Comcast App Team Representative in Colorado that was the most helpful.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 7 of 9

Duplicate Post Removed. Original Post in new Thread is still visible.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 8 of 9

This is still going on. 

I have spent at least four hours with tech support, being shuttled from one group to another, with no response. It is incomprehensible.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 9

3 years later this is still an issue! I have tried changing my comcast password and username which worked once and now we're back to being redirected to the xfinity page instead of HBOGo! I'm considering cancelling hbo with comcast and getting HBO now.