Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Field Collection Fee

New Poster

Field Collection Fee

My cable was disconnected for about two weeks.  During the course of the time span of the disconnection I received two phone calls from someone who claimed to be calling on behalf of comcast.  The first call was June 16, 2017 and I had made  a payment arrangement with the automated system and my services was restored.  My sister was visiting from out of town along with a couple of other family member and the guy told my sister (and everyone that was in my car because he called my cell which is connected to my cars bluetooth and I left it for my sister to use).  that he was calling in regards to the comcast bill, how much my bill was . I will be filling a complaint with FDCPA.  he did not verify account information or if he was talking to the correct person.  Call number two was the day that I actually paid the bill I paid the bill in the early afternoon, and he called after five to find a time to pickup the equipment.  I have the call logs of the times and dates that he called, and even when he spoke with me he did not verify my information.  And now I am being charged $30.00 for a field collection fee.  Not to mention I made a payment arrangement a few months back paid the arrangement amount only to have my cable disconnected the next day and was charged two reconnection fee.  I even asked to have my package cut back until I can get out of this set back and was told that i would have to pay to do that.  

Official Employee

Re: Field Collection Fee

Hello @SheeShee23. We apologize for the inconvenience as this agent should not have divulged account information without verifying who they were speaking with. I'd like to look into this further for you to file a complaint. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon