online now

discussions

DVR

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2 (793 Views)

DVR

Will there be any improvements to the DVR to the point where you can record more than 2 shows at once?

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Posted by
Edited on
‎01-03-2013 01:19 AM

Cable Expert

Message 2 of 2 (783 Views)

Re: DVR

[ Edited ]

Existing DVR hardware only has two tuners in them.  The new X1 hardware has 3 or 4 but is just starting to appear in the field in Motorola equipped systems.

There's been announcements years ago already to have a home "gateway" with up to 6 tuners and supporting IPTV in the home, but nothing has even been close to being deployed.

Many with the need for 4 tuners purchase a Tivo Premier 4 or XL4, and add a Comcast supplied cable card.  Others would go to a satellite provider with some having as much as 5 tuners.

CES is in a couple of weeks, let's see what the next fancy box is announced that seems to never to come.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program