Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Clicking Shop/Upgrade = "Error: Looks like you will need some help completing your order....."

Regular Visitor

Clicking Shop/Upgrade = "Error: Looks like you will need some help completing your order....."

This is by design.  It is not an error.  If you are a current customer and want to change your services, you are not allowed to see a webpage where you can view all of the options, tiers of service, and alternatives available to you so that you can make a decision based on that information.  Nope, you are going to have to talk to a salesperson who will try to sell you a package based on questions like: how many devices in your home, what do you like to watch, etc.

"May I see a listing of all the offers, packages, and tiers of service available to me so I can choose?"  Good luck.  I wasted an entire morning trying to get a straight answer to that question via chat and telephone.

New Poster

Re: Clicking Shop/Upgrade = "Error: Looks like you will need some help completing your order...

I am having the same issue.  I cannot shop/upgrade my current plan and do not want to waste time talking to someone over the phone. Why can't I do this if it is an option?

Regular Visitor

Re: Clicking Shop/Upgrade = "Error: Looks like you will need some help completing your order...

Good question!  All I can think is that this is just a way to force you to call.

Official Employee

Re: Clicking Shop/Upgrade = "Error: Looks like you will need some help completing your order....."

Hi @SmartAlec. You're right, our website does not show all offers to existing subscribers. A Comcast employee will have to help you go over pricing since offer availability and eligibility vary based on your location and current service level. 

If you'd still like help going over pricing, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have been going around with Comcas on this one for weeks.  It is Catch 22 --chatting for 45 minutes and when I was trying to find sme microscopic numbers on the able box the "helper" left the room. That was my second try, the first was a phone call that didn't solve anything. I kept trying the instructions on the TV screen, hoping some miracle had happened and I could get the upgrade I am paying for. With all these complaints, why doesn't Comast get the message?! And why isn't a high tech company high tech enough to perform this service? At our summer cabin in the backwoods of Minnesota, the smal town server turns on a switch to turn on the TV and a competent service rep takes care of our requests in minutes. All we get here is a credit on our bill because no one can provide that simple upgrade. Please let me know if anyone finds the magic key that turns on Starter Cable.

Official Employee

Hi zx21,

I understnad this can be frustrating. We are aware of the error customers encounter when trying to upgrade your services. We are working hard to get this taken care of as soon as possible. I wish it was as easy as flipping a switch to get this taken care of. Until we are able to get this taken care of, please feel free to reach out to me and my peers for assistance.

I'd be more than happy to review the current offers in your area. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services, or the first and last name of the account holder and full account number. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon