Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Clicking Shop/Upgrade = "Error: Looks like you will need some help completing your order....."

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

This is by design.  It is not an error.  If you are a current customer and want to change your services, you are not allowed to see a webpage where you can view all of the options, tiers of service, and alternatives available to you so that you can make a decision based on that information.  Nope, you are going to have to talk to a salesperson who will try to sell you a package based on questions like: how many devices in your home, what do you like to watch, etc.

"May I see a listing of all the offers, packages, and tiers of service available to me so I can choose?"  Good luck.  I wasted an entire morning trying to get a straight answer to that question via chat and telephone.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 4

I am having the same issue.  I cannot shop/upgrade my current plan and do not want to waste time talking to someone over the phone. Why can't I do this if it is an option?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

Good question!  All I can think is that this is just a way to force you to call.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

Hi @SmartAlec. You're right, our website does not show all offers to existing subscribers. A Comcast employee will have to help you go over pricing since offer availability and eligibility vary based on your location and current service level. 

If you'd still like help going over pricing, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon