Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't manage my plan online

New Poster

Can't manage my plan online

Why can't I manage my account online (as there is a link for it).  I'm only redirected to a contact us page and given a phone number???

Would like to explore options about lowering my bill (otherwise will cancel service altogether), and no, I don't want to online chat or call.  That completely defeats the purpose!!!  And don't want to hear, 'Oh, we know it's not working and we are trying to fix it' because your not!   It has always been set-up that way, and everyone sees the same message so it is not account specific either!  The whole manage my plan online is simply a not-so-clever rouse to get you on the line with a salesperson to annoy more money out of you!  The whole purpose of the link meaningless!  Comcast apparently dosen't hold their customers in very high esteem if they're always trying to pull some shady BS like this!

So I ask again, WHY CAN'T I MANAGE MY OWN ACCOUNT ONLINE??? (Specifically without having to deal with some shady rip-off, I mean customer service rep???

Official Employee

Re: Can't manage my plan online

Hi mjkalz, I can assist you with managing your own account online. Can you tell me if you get an error message while trying to cancel or downgrade your services? Have you tried to make changes to your account through our "My Account app"? If you are trying to cancel your account as a whole you can only do so by calling into 1-800-COMCAST or by returning your equipment to a local Comcast service center. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon