members

online now

discussions

COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1"

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 3 (5,867 Views)

COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1"

whats' THE COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1" used for,,,it asked to be installed when I' signed up fo internet? I' can't find any reference to this program on my start menu ?
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3 (5,865 Views)

Re: COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1"

It could be one of several things: Comcast Connection Manager, Comcast Desktop Doctor, both older programs no longer offered or supported by Comcast. It could also be the new Easy Solve Program which doesn't solve anything.

Look in Add Remove programs. If you see any Comcast branded software uninstall it. Comcast does not have a stellar history with branded programs.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Edited on
‎04-30-2012 07:50 PM

Contributor

Message 3 of 3 (5,862 Views)

Re: COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1"

[ Edited ]
the program was just recently installed,my A.V. alerted me to a new start-up registry run programs supportsoftinc\comcast\bcont.exe\ ?