New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

9/26/12: new home page feedback

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Homepage no improvement

paul_f wrote:

The relocation of the email link is terrible as I have to scroll down to click it rather than being right at the top. PLUS you end up clicking on the Xfinity log in as it changes size!  Also... the "roll over to play" ads are so annoying. If I want to check out one of your ads, I'll click on it! One slip of the mouse or touch pad and I get a stupid ad playing. This is pushing ads into your face.

Now... if only you could check your email WITHOUT going through your home page.  Now that would be great!

Ah, but you can!  Simply install a free email client (I use Thunderbird), with far more bells and whistles than Comcast's web mail, and you'll never have to visit that hideous monstrosity again.

New Poster

Re: 9/26/12: new home page feedback

My wife and I hate the new home page. It seems that everyone else, as well.

Regular Visitor

Homepage

I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW HOMEPAGE.  1. There is a big box that comes up ' Welcome to Xfinity Online - Get the most of your Comcast subscription...'.   You should get rid of that box.  I liked when the tabs on the left came up - sign in, weather, email, text messages, etc. showed up right at the top of the screen.  You do not need all that ad info.  If customer wants to select those options, you should have them available at the bottom of the page.

2.  The tabs on the left where it shows your signed in.  I do not like that you are showing the account name there.  My husband & I both have computers and on my homepage it shows his name (because acct is in his name).  You should not show the account name. 

Regular Visitor

I totally agree.  Do not like the new homepage.

Contributor

I just hate the fact that they programmed a new window to open when you click on some of the links, specifiaclly the help link.  If I wanted a new window to open, I would have right-clicked and chose to open a new window.

New Poster

Re: Homepage

how can i get rid of this new homepage

N/A

Homepage

Your homepage contains way too much junk.

if it wasn't for my email I would be using a different homepage.

Bronze Problem Solver

Instead of using the limited webmail, why not install a free email client such as Thunderbird, download mail to your machine, and never see Comcast's home page again?

Official Employee

Hi all,

Thank you for all of your feedback.

I just wanted to notify you that we have added the date with a calendar feature to the homepage. You can find it on the left hand side of the page toward the middle:

dateHP.png

Let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I hate the new homepage. The "Welcome to Xfinity Online" part of the homepage needs to go away. Everyone has to scroll down to get to the actual homepage that we used to see right away. Also, why is a new page opening up when I go to email. That is so annoying. And don't get me started on those ads that start playing when your mouse slides over it. If I want to see an ad i'll click on it. I guarantee you that I'll never buy anything from those ads because they tick me off.

Contributor

It would be nice to move things on the homepage.  This way we could put all the nonsense on the bottom.  I too am getting a long list vendors to never buy from with those ads.  I hate the mouse overs.  Really annoying.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

I would like to get my home page to look like the one in the link.  That isn't what I get.  I have a very large white screen with Xfinity in the corner.  Then I have these red boxes telling me I can set up email.  I don't need that.  I already have email.  To get to my email icon I have to scroll down the pages.  I don't want to see Xfinity or information about setting up email.  I want an interesting home page to appear and a link to email without having to scroll to get to it. 

Please get me the example home page.  Right now I am using AOL.  I'm happy with AOL, so there is no reason for me to switch back to Xfinity.  Actually, I like AOL's email features better, so I have always used that for my important email. 

Regular Visitor

Well, isn't it nice that you put back the calendar for those that used it.  So now I have another item I don't use.  All the entertainment "news" garbage is still there with the oversized boxes, the local news is missing, the national news is scattered, and all the lousy ads which I make a point of NEVER reading or listening to are still  there.  Wow.  What an update.

I've changed my home page already, but miserably I still have to check e-mails I haven't had a chance to switch over.  I will be so happy when I don't have to put up with your junk.

Regular Visitor

Please get rid of the auto play adds. Every time they come on Internet Explorer stops working.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity new web page

I like the new home page better than old one.

New Poster

Please put the pause button back on the news feed.  Hate that it moves while I'm trying to read something!

Contributor

Hey xfinity the customer should have the right to choose homepage, I want my old homepage back easy to use plenty for us , this new improved is horrible , what happened to to listings old one was one click and there now it takes me four steps to get my TV listings, to busy is right not user friendly like I  sent e-mails to comcast to busy waste of my time we shouldn't be forced to take this new home page we didn't''t ask for it. How about lower our bills we haven't seen a raise in 10 yrs but you rates up up up up, want to improve lower bills, we want our old home page back we should be able to choose.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Cat Mad

Contributor

WE want out old home page back   let us all post bring back the old old homepage

Contributor

Pretty lame Joe  does Customer Satisfaction ring a bell for you at comcast, why can't we choose to have the old page back , why the new one is awful. Explain to me why we can't have our old page back, it was clean, easy to customize your new one is darn right awful, like the old story goes if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Contributor

Re: new page

Before we had on our home page that is what we want to be be able to pick and choose what we want push this tab and that can you hear us all bring back the OLD homepage whatever happened to CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Contributor

Re: 9/12/12: new home page

Our family is doing the same thing trying to find a homepage we liked since we been with comcast we loved the old homepage Now we don't log in at all we do not like the homepage why doesn't anyone listen anymore customers.

Contributor

Re: 9/12/12: new home page feedback

AH Joe  your not listening to your customers at all if you were you would say whooooooooooa  we have to make people happy and give them there old homepage back if, we were happy with the old page happy did we ask for a new page NO we should have the option to change to the new or Stay with the OLD please don't say your listening when clearly comcast,xfintiy is NOT.

Lions

Frequent Visitor

"Uh-Oh, You're not signed in."  Can someone please tell me how to sign in before I go to the new home page so I can avoid getting this message?

New Poster

On your home page using Google Chrome and  Windows I get a pop-up that says "please enable cookies" I've done everything I know to make sure "cookies" are enabled. Any suggestions?

Gerry

Contributor

Every other day or so, the please enable cookies comes up.  Just close the page out.  We've tried all kinds of things but it keeps happening.

Regular Visitor

Could we change this new format?

Not big on pictures, ADS or videos splattered across the screen.  There's little information, and less news available on the main page.  Really resent having sales on something that I pay a great sum for everymonth,

packagewise, and would like to be able to find things easily.

And, I think there is a lot of negativity in the headlines, quite often out of all proprotion.  A crisis isn't a fashion faux pas...

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Could we change this new format?

Comcast doesn't like customers having the ability to edit their home page, likely because we all turn off everything on it, for the reasons you listed.  So no, the only defence you really have is to change the page and deny them the add dollars.

New Poster

WAYYYYYYYYYYY tooo SLowwwwwwwwwwwwwww to load the pages and I am sick of jumpin through hoops to get to my mail! the thing has been spinning to load the page for over 5 minutes now that is unacceptable!

not to mention the sickening ads!  I can even get the downloads from the email to load at all!  this sucks big time!

Contributor

Hey Joe we don't have a dvr we can't afford the service so why are you wasting space on my homepage this is garbage.

Contributor

We didn't request this new homepage, more and more people will be switching from comcast to other providers that care, what happened to you 100% guarantee, we are unhappy bring back the OLD homepage Please.

Contributor

Are you serious showing us a calendar and we all want our old homepage back We want to customize it, I don't dvr, wasting space on the homepage, I don't use your e-mail all this should be customize to our likening not yours just hate this web page I barley look at  I go too other sources but I pay for this every month this is junk bring back our old home page.

Contributor

Re: Xfinity new web page

WOW your the only one

Regular Visitor

I am so tired of seeing political ads everywhere. And the first thing I see when I open the homepage and then sign on is pictures of two candidates who drives me nuts. Started my day off in a negative way. We pay for this service and I don't think we should have to look at any ads. We are swamped with ads. Are other service providers the same?

New Poster

web page

Your web page is awful. This country is going to  down the tubes and your top story is about Lady Gaga gaining weight or some other celeb doing something stupid. I want important news, not junk. Also, the audio ad that starts if you so much as touch the cursor to it is annoying. Get rid of that feature. Hate hate the web page.

Service Expert

Re: web page

The "new" homepage is no different from every incarnation of the page. It has always been an online version of a bad supermarket tabloid.

I do not use it as my homepage-never have and never will. I use an email client for mail access. I rarely go to Xfinity Connect, but when I do I first go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/, click Connect, and go directly to Xfinity Connect without be routed to the homepage first.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Contributor

Totally agree with you all WE DO NOT LIKE the new HOMEPAGE  we just can't customize it half the the boxes on the left I don't use and the TV on the right listings what are you thinking so much wasted space, let us pick and choose what we want, if you are really into customers satisfaction you will hear us and change your poor ways.

Contributor

Hello Joe the new page loads up like a turtle very slow , does comcast care about us paying customers, we just don't like it. We want to move things around and customize things to our liking, why do you care, you don't. Very poor customer service.

Contributor

Re: web page

Welcome to comcast, they change our web page its horrible.They don't care about customers, if they did they would listen. Companies must stop doing and stop, and listen to there customers instead of there $$$$$$$$$$$  there making on us.

Contributor

As most have already gathered, there is no good customer service and calls are still going out of the country.

Trying to get Comcast to come up is sooooo sloooooooow.  I wonder whose homepage Comcast uses

New Poster

This HOME PAGE!!!!

I have no idea how many people have written you regarding your 'upgrade' but the people I have talked with all feel the same way...... it is worthless, full of junk, slowed everthing down, get dumped all the time and so slow I am seriously looking at changing everything away from Comcast.  Do you guys communicate with your customers????? Bad move everyone!!!!!

Security Expert

Re: This HOME PAGE!!!!

cwaltemate wrote:

I have no idea how many people have written you regarding your 'upgrade' but the people I have talked with all feel the same way...... it is worthless, full of junk, slowed everthing down, get dumped all the time and so slow I am seriously looking at changing everything away from Comcast.  Do you guys communicate with your customers????? Bad move everyone!!!!!

Just curious, have you checked out the home pages of att, verizon and other providers?  If you are changing providers over their homepage, I suggest you do that. You could possibly change your mind.

TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

Re: This HOME PAGE!!!!

To tell you the truth, I have not looked at 'others'.  The main reason is because I am a die-hard, dedicated customer... I have been with Comcast here in Oregon and before that in Washington state; since the early 80's. 

So, have a nice day, dearie.

New Poster

Comcast news homepage is terrible!

For years I have used comcast as my first source of news.  It has been set as my homepage on all of my personal computers.  This past year has been a terrible one for Comcast.  More and more I am seeing bias news articles, articles littered with typos, and articles that are no longer available.  Who proofs your articles before you post them Comcast?!  They need to be fired because they are terrible at being neutral (or finding neutral articles), and the amount of typos found in the articles makes me think that a middle school class is the source of your articles posted on your website.  The amount of "unavailable" articles is also a real frustration.  This morning alone, there were 4 articles that I could not read because they are unavailable.  If the article is no longer active, take the link down!  It really isn't that hard.  

Comcast seems to be very slow at getting "breaking news" out as well.  Other news sources seem to have breaking news articles up instantly.  It takes comcast 20-30 minutes to get something up.  Terrible.

I will be relying on other sources from this point forward.  Way to go Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Homepage no improvement

agree its worthless home page,, btw comcast can put back the public message boards again there boy got elected so no need to trash the campaign anymore..

New Poster

the entire log in procedure

I really hate the new log in to get to my e-mails.....it takes way too long and too many things to do to get to my silly e-mails.......don't like the new format at all.

Spoiler

Silver Problem Solver

Re: the entire log in procedure

Hello,

Join the party no one likes it and comcast will probable not change it so we are stuck with it.

Regular Visitor

New Home page

As I come from a Corporate background I can only tell you that trying to dictate, force feed a customer base business to your way of thinking will set you up for failure.  Case in point is your Home page mentality whereas you changed it to suit your best interest rather than concentrating on how to make it more user friendly.  When I go to a Home page, I want to go to the core of my needs, not yours.....  I assure you that I will make a change if you don't correct this problem as well as your other customers.  The decision is yours...... 

Security Expert

Re: New Home page

minespj wrote:

As I come from a Corporate background I can only tell you that trying to dictate, force feed a customer base business to your way of thinking will set you up for failure.  Case in point is your Home page mentality whereas you changed it to suit your best interest rather than concentrating on how to make it more user friendly.  When I go to a Home page, I want to go to the core of my needs, not yours.....  I assure you that I will make a change if you don't correct this problem as well as your other customers.  The decision is yours...... 

Before you go, check out the customer home pages for a few others, I have ATT as a backup provider

and have access to Roadrunner's page as well. I've also seen Charter's and Verizon. I think you'd be dissapointed in all of them. Myself I don't use any of the provider home pages as my homepage, I think they all have issues.

TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: New Home page

As I understand it, in order for me to access my Comcast E-mail I have to be in their Homepage.  Should I want to make Fox news, or Yahoo my HP, I would still have to revert back to Xfinity HP to get to my E's..... Am I wrong on this?? 

New Poster

site page

To Whom It May Concern:

Your site gets worse every time you change it.

NO Thanks