Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

9/26/12: new home page feedback

New Poster

Re: New home page it terrible!!!!!

I do NOT like this new homepage please give our old one back...it's not a time saver more of a time waster..

New Poster

xfinity home page

Your new home page sucks!!

When I try to use the search option half of the list is covered by a banner for Discover card and it doesn't go away.

It addition I am not interested in all of your ty ads!

Frequent Visitor

Good job on the homepage center scroll area

You have started to expand the item list in the home page. It is a good start. The next step is to add more features. If you reference AOL you will see that they have sometimes as many as 40 items to look through.

Keep expanding the scroll area in the center (top) of the home page and open the links in a new window, it may help someone to go back to the home page and select another item to review while the page is loading.

Regular Visitor

Home page

Home Page - To many adds - Can't view 10 day weather - go back to the old home page.

Regular Visitor

Re: 9/26/12: new home page feedback

Hi,

After reading thorugh most of the reply/comments, I too see the layout too busy.  I only go to the home page to get to my emails. You can't go stright to the emails without having to pass thru homepage, and the preview email.  I'm using AdBlock Plus plugin to block the sections I don't want to see when I get the home page.  Which is everything but the top menu and the bottok help section.

As to why using a browser to get email?  Because you can't get all the emails folders from the mail application.  Xfinity will not allow to use IMAP.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Thank you again for leaving feedback about the new homepage layout.

Our team is gathering all of your suggestions and will take them all under consideration for a future release of the site.

Thanks again,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

quote:"Our team is gathering all of your suggestions and will take them all under consideration for a future release of the site."

Seems I've heard that song before...  When the Forums Feedback was closed down, lots of suggestions there;  whenever a new incarnation of the homepage shows up and the criticisms run rampant,  and whenever comcast/infinity makes changes to existing pages and just dumps them on the unsuspecting customers for beta testing; I could go on, but what is the use??

"Under consideration" seems to be the catch phrase of the moment, used throughout the forums by comcast representatives..

Bottom line, when are folks going to realize that comcast does NOT have to be a home page?  There are so many out there.  

If posters really read the replies, the answers are all there..

ciao, bj  

New Poster

Have been thinking about making comments on the new home page and just got to it.  I just reviewed many of the previous comments and they already express most all of the things I would say.  I feel a part of the many who do not like the new home page.  Suffice it to say that I add my two cents that this is a change to merely make a change.  It is not an improvement - removes flexibility to deal with information one does not want and does not concisely display subject matter.  At least you are getting rid of the "uh oh".  It sounds so juvenile.  I hope it will get rid of the redundancy of getting to ones email, as well.  

New Poster

Uh-oh, your're not signed in

I would really appreciate it if you would change "Uh-oh, You're not signed in" to something that doesn't sound like you're admonishing me for my stupidity.  OF COURSE I'm not signed in, since I just opened the page.  As far as I can tell, there is no way to sign in BEFORE opening the page.

So how about something kind and logical, like "Please sign in to access your account"

Thank you.

New Poster

The new home page is terrible....it's too busy...opens double windows...is so slow and hard to log off.

I really don't think I can keepusing it,I'm going to look at other emails.

New Poster

Self serving was the best description i have read.

Add 1 more to your growing list of customers that hate it.

Regular Visitor

TERRIBLE...At least put the stock market on the main page..it's far more important than half of the entertainment junk on the page..the webpage designers missed their mark on this one by a mile.

Regular Visitor

Home Page Mess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO MANY CHANGES!!!!  The Welcome to xfinity on the top of the page is a pain. I allready have your e-mail service.Take it off !!

New Poster

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

Hi All,

I gave it a chance.

I would like the old page back also.  I guess that Comcast does not know how to answer a yes or no question.  I did not see a direct answer in the reply.  Did I miss it?  Comcast Joe must be the one that designed this awful page.

What I don't want to see are ads on a premium service.  It should be entertainment not more money in the pocket of comcast.  The ads that you mistakenly mouse over and it starts a video are the most annoying.  Comcast gets bigger money for these ads.  I do look at the ad to see who I am NOT going to spend money with.  I do not support these.  In fact I have written to the advertiser and told them that I will not support their advertising on comcast.  Also that I will go out of my way to buy something else to replace their product.  I write in using comcast e-mail to tell them this.  I also tell everyone I associate with, that these ads are horrible.  Get rid of the mouse over ads.

Like they (comcast) doesn't already get enough money from the consumers.  Comcast greed will not give these up though.

Other changes.  Where is the pause button on the main scrolling window?

Why does e mail open in another window?  Why can't it open in another tab using the same browser?

New Poster

always changing

I dont understand why you are always changing the format of the home page, I am, for one, getting tired of having to deal with a new format, what seems like every couple of months, why  dont we have a choice whether to keep what we have instead of dealing with all this other garbage

Regular Visitor

NEW HOMEPAGE

please change it back. it is very upsetting to have that show up all the time. The old one was no problem....

FRAN42
Security Expert

Re: always changing

hh1447 wrote:

I dont understand why you are always changing the format of the home page, I am, for one, getting tired of having to deal with a new format, what seems like every couple of months, why  dont we have a choice whether to keep what we have instead of dealing with all this other garbage

Well, in one place I have a roadrunner account, I also have an ATT account. Both of them also just changed their homepages, Thet all do it. Do I understand why? Nope but ISPs seem to think they need to do this so.. they do.

I figured a way around that. I don't use ISP provided pages for my home page. Mine is the forums here, and dslreports.com. (tabs).

TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

Home Page

don't waste your time telling them what you think, they don't care, got up this morning and the top third of the homepage is ads and announcements, my mail box doesn't even appear on the screen without scrolling down, total garbage

Contributor

Be nice if the stupid WELCOME TO XFINITY message would go away.

Keep getting the following above the main content.

Welcome to XFINITY online Get the most of your Comcast subscription
Set up emailWatch TV onlineDownload Constant GuardCustomer Central

You'll love our email. It's fast, easy and you can do all this:

• Enjoy up to 7 email addresses (enough for the whole family)
  • 70GB of free storage and SPAM protection
  • Listen to, forward home voicemail from any PC or iPhone/Android
  • Import email accounts and address books to your new account
  • Combine Yahoo, Gmail and other email accounts all into one place

I'm already logged in an ONLY use comcast for internet and email. Switching homepage back to Yahoo or something else. 

New Poster

I agree and now your info pops-up and takes away the any news info. REAL BAD! 

New Poster

The homepage is fine it's that huge xfinity welcome block at the top with info on how set up other accounts and all the stuff most of us know about anyway making us have to scroll down to see the actual homepage.  Should be set someplace else for people who WANT to look at it.  Very annoying.  Same as the Pre email page for those of us that don't have iphones and such.

Official Employee

Hi all,

We are looking into the "Welcome to XFINITY" messaging on the homepage. I will update this thread when I have more information to pass along.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I hate the looks of the new Comcast Xfinity home page so much, that it is no longer my home page.  I already have an AOL email account.  They have a nicer looking home page and I like their email features better. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: new page

My home pages doens't look like this example.  The whole screen is taken up with Xfinity and ways to set up email, address bar, etc.  I have to scroll down to a new screen to get this.  I really, really, really do not like what you have done to my home page.  It is horrible!

New Poster

New home page feedback

The new Comcast homepage is awful!

The main screen is covered by a welcome to infinity! with information on how to set up xfinity options. If I were looking to do that, I would be intelligent enough to find out that information on a well designed homepage. The other half of the screen is covered by a useless (as always) ad that is of no interest.

The price for Comcast services is outrageous as it is, I don't understand why the advertisers take priority over customers. It is out of control.

And to reiterate... the homepage is awful...obviously Comcast doesn't care what the customers think...

New Poster

front page of comcast making people upgrade

please get this dumb stupid thing on comcast front page-how the ^&* do you get it to go away---it's on the front page and wants to upgrade - i am so tired of this stuff-know i know why people leave comcast--i'm thinking of going back to aol--i never had these issues with there page---it wont go away and i dont have to upgrade anything --stop putting stuff on people.

New Poster

date

Could you please put the date and day on the new homepage!!!!!!!

Regular Visitor

xfinity homepage

the new homepage is terrible. Comes without warning and you have no choice.

Security Expert

Re: xfinity homepage

fisherman1 wrote:

the new homepage is terrible. Comes without warning and you have no choice.

Sure you have a choice, I don't use ISP home pages, Mine are these forums and dslreports,com

Your's could be anything including aboutblank

TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Would like to get rid of box labelled "Welcome to Xfinity Home Page"

Regular Visitor

I used to like looking at my local news but now when I go, there is weather and a blank page, ads, but no NEWS. 

New Poster

I had send an email but it was just to a nameless "customer service" button.  My main complaint is that when you open the webiste and go to hit "email" on the left when it first comes up, the screen then changes to reflect another screen and it registers you clicking what pops up on that instead of the email icon you orginally clicked on....it's like a delay that is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING.  I would find it very hard to beliefe that other users have not expressed their dislike for this.  Would you please let me know if this is something that you are working on rectifying?  Thank you so very much.

New Poster

Please don't clutter up the sideline with political advertising...I seriously don't need to be asked by Michelle Obama every time I log on if I'm "in" or if I "want to join them for lunch" or whatever else the ads have been....seriously, having that on here makes me want to vote for the other guy just cuz I'm not having him PUSHED at me constantly!

Official Employee

"Welcome to XFINITY" messaging on the homepage UPDATE:

For the customers seeing the "Welcome to XFINITY" message every time they go to the homepage, the message may appear a few more times when you go back to the page but once you no longer see it, it will not reappear.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Wow -- seriously? What kind of answer is that?

FYI -- I signed out of xfinity.com then cleared all the browser history/cache on both browsers I use, Chrome and IE9. After relaunching both, that annoying box went away. I've refreshed several times, closed and reopened the browsers, logged out and back in and clearing the browser data appears to have worked.

As always, your mileage may vary.

-sm

New Poster

does that mean you're working to get rid of that box?

New Poster

Slow as a snail ,less news and more useless gargage 'Go back to the old page or aidos I'm going Fious

Regular Visitor

How do I get rid of the Xfinity Banner page that takes up half of the screen? I am already a customer with why do I need to see that stuff?

Contributor

rick_wozniak wrote:

How do I get rid of the Xfinity Banner page that takes up half of the screen? I am already a customer with why do I need to see that stuff?

Try this as posted above:

---

FYI -- I signed out of xfinity.com then cleared all the browser history/cache on both browsers I use, Chrome and IE9. After relaunching both, that annoying box went away. I've refreshed several times, closed and reopened the browsers, logged out and back in and clearing the browser data appears to have worked.

---

Frequent Visitor

I tried that, but it didn't work for me.  I even called Comcast to ask for help, but their customer service person couldn't find a way to get rid of it.

Contributor

Make sure you clear the cookies as well. This also worked for my wife and my work computer. Of course, it would be simpler if Comcast just took out that code.
New Poster

infinity home page

I find the new home page so busy that concentration is impaired and i do miss some things

also, for several days you run some of the same headings over and over.  there is enough

news without having to appear lazy

can we please get fox news on?

sometimes overkill is a loser. 

New Poster

where is the bandwidth usage bar?

New Poster

I too agree about Comcast Home Page...Way too busy and the fact you can't change anything.  I am very dissappointed! 

Frequent Visitor

new homepage

one word for many reasons:  SUCKS.

Cable Expert

Re: new homepage

I initially didn't like it, but it's growing on me. I know the development team is reading the forums,so if you have specific contructive criticisms they would be happy to consider it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Spoiler

I do not mind the new site.  What I cannot stand is on the old and new site.  It is the horrible coverage of soccer. All the info is stale and at least a week old.  Not updated with the latest soccer news at all.  Horrible coverage and needs new and updated information daily. 

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

New Homepage

I really have nothing to complain about with the page.  I actually prefer it.  HOWEVER, the "Welcome to XFINITY online" introduction we should be able to delete or disappear automatically after it has been selected as the homepage.  it is an irritation to me.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Frequent Visitor

Re: 9/12/12: new home page feedback

Worse than ever, but has been awful for a long time!  Do not want a TV guide, programming info, and endless celebrity junk.   Would like serious homepage with news and other articles IN WRITING, NOT VIDEOS.   

We all need to change providers.

New Poster

Comcast Homepage no improvement

The relocation of the email link is terrible as I have to scroll down to click it rather than being right at the top. PLUS you end up clicking on the Xfinity log in as it changes size!  Also... the "roll over to play" ads are so annoying. If I want to check out one of your ads, I'll click on it! One slip of the mouse or touch pad and I get a stupid ad playing. This is pushing ads into your face.

Now... if only you could check your email WITHOUT going through your home page.  Now that would be great!