Posted by
Edited on
‎05-05-2016 06:18 PM

Administrator

Message 201 of 287 (3,177 Views)

Re: ATTENTION - FORUM REDESIGN

[ Edited ]

@andyross@commanguy, & @Paraniod

We realized there was a log in issue, but had difficulty finding out what was the cause. As of 05/04/16 we identified and were able to fix this problem. As of now you should not be experiencing any issues with logging in or staying logged in. 

@BlueJay,

In post #187 of this thread I tried to provide an idea of what was going to be changing. I apologize if this was not accurate enough and you required more detailed information. Basically, we arranged, moved, and merged boards based on traffic and relevance as geek46 provided details to in post #200 of this thread. You will notice I have also provided side by side pictures of what our forum used to look like and what it looks like now.

OLD VIEW                                                                                                           NEW VIEW

My Account.pngXfinity Internet.pngXfinity TV.pngXfinity Voice.png

We are currently underway with Phase 2 of this re-organization of the forum. Phase 2 includes adding detailed, concise descriptions on each of these boards. This should help users understand what is posted in every board and where to post there questions. Once phase 2 is complete we will start the long process of Phase 3. Phase 3 will be the "scrubbing" of all boards within the forum. We will be going through all posts to ensure relevance. If a post is outdated or completely irrelevant and holds absolutely no helpful information we will work on getting those removed from public view. This should help to eliminate confusion about what posts are relevant. 

@andyross

The issue with posts being out of order should have been fixed. If you are still experiencing any issues please clear your cache and cookies and ensure that in the "Options" menu you have it set to "Sort Oldest to Newest" this should correct your issue. If you are still experience an issue after you try this please let us know. 

All,

We also have been working to get the post count issue fixed. The team that can fix this issue tried re-indexing the entire forum and did not see a resolution. They have since escalated this to their tier II engineering department. I will happily post any updates or ETAs as I hear more. Thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved. 

I hope this post addresses everyone's concerns about the changes to the forum. If you have any additional comments, questions, or concerns about forum changes please don't hesitate to let us know.

Jessie

Member Engagement Lead

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 202 of 287 (3,119 Views)

Jesse

Just for the record I had no problem logging on or staying logged on. Mine was a slightly different issue.

I will PM you the details.

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-10-2016 10:13 AM

Regular Contributor

Message 203 of 287 (2,988 Views)

Re: 2016 Responsive Forum Design: Post Feedback Here

[ Edited ]

I miss advanced search options. Solutions from 5 years ago are irrelavant.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 204 of 287 (2,711 Views)

Wow.  Suddenly I'm inundated with those silly badges!  Did we ever get a way to turn them off?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 205 of 287 (2,694 Views)

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Wow.  Suddenly I'm inundated with those silly badges!  Did we ever get a way to turn them off?

There is no option to turn them off.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 206 of 287 (2,672 Views)

Just  shaking my head at the absurdity of these latest "enhancements" when so much is lacking in the flow of the forums.  Smiley Sad

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 207 of 287 (2,664 Views)

Wholeheartedly agree, BJ.  I really wonder what their priorities are.  Oh well.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 208 of 287 (2,643 Views)

We have a mutual agreeing society.  Smiley Wink   Priorities???  interesting word...

n. pl. pri·or·i·ties

1. Precedence, especially established by order of importance or urgency.
a. An established right to precedence.
b. An authoritative rating that establishes such precedence.
3. A preceding or coming earlier in time.
4. Something afforded or deserving prior attention.

Obviously, those badges are an important function of these forums.  Smiley Sad

Since the beginning, there has been a "bug" with the posting of images.  See the example:

Why ??  Quite an annoying view  seeing double images, and in some cases huge ones..  

Oh, Well..  shrug..  going to watch the DC eagles  :              http://www.dceaglecam.org/

ciao, bj
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 209 of 287 (2,618 Views)

I have several books waiting for me. Nothing we can do here.  Chao, BJ!

Posted by
Administrator

Message 210 of 287 (2,563 Views)

@BlueJay

The double image issue is a bug we are working with our vendor to get resolved. Currently, if you use the Video/Photos icons in the edit bar (see below)

Capture10.PNG

instead of the upload file option you will not get the double image issue. Again, this is a known bug that we are working with our vendor to get resolved.

The badges on the other hand are something we have complete control of and were edited to make them more usable and uniform throughout the forum. We do have some other changes coming soon that will make them not as visible if you choose.

Please know that we value all of your feedback and we use that specific feedback to make changes to the forum and make it a more functionable place for all users. If you have any other feedback, comments, questions, or concerns please don't hesitate to let us know.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 211 of 287 (2,579 Views)

ComcastJessie wrote:

@BlueJay

The double image issue is a bug we are working with our vendor to get resolved. Currently, if you use the Video/Photos icons in the edit bar (see below)

Capture10.PNG

instead of the upload file option you will not get the double image issue. Again, this is a known bug that we are working with our vendor to get resolved.

The badges on the other hand are something we have complete control of and were edited to make them more usable and uniform throughout the forum. We do have some other changes coming soon that will make them not as visible if you choose.

Please know that we value all of your feedback and we use that specific feedback to make changes to the forum and make it a more functionable place for all users. If you have any other feedback, comments, questions, or concerns please don't hesitate to let us know.

@ComcastJessie--  this is my reply screen:  no video pesent

reply with video image.PNG

Posted by
Administrator

Message 212 of 287 (2,560 Views)

So as of right now the video option is not currently an option for users (admin only). We are in talks of making that an option for all users but it is currently not available, so sorry for the confusion. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 213 of 287 (2,521 Views)

@ComcastJessie,

Going back a few posts, reading your replies, and I fail to see what or where you're coming from.  

Your first reply to my mention of the double images in some replies was confusing.

Quote:  your message #210 above:    "The double image issue is a bug we are working with our vendor to get resolved. Currently, if you use the Video/Photos icons in the edit bar (see below) instead of the upload file option you will not get the double image issue. Again, this is a known bug that we are working with our vendor to get resolved." 

I have never gotten the double image and do not understand what you are referring to about the upload file option.  Also since you (admin only) see that Video/Photo option, how is it relevant to this discussion?

This is the screen I see when I choose the Photos image above :    I make my selection from the files I have available on my computer and click done. Voila` the image is inserted into the reply. 

It would have been nice, when a new reply window was introduced to the masses, there were instructions as to how it functioned and how to use it effectively.  

ciao, bj

reply photo screen.png

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-14-2016 03:08 PM

Problem Solver

Message 214 of 287 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]

BlueJay wrote:

It would have been nice, when a new reply window was introduced to the masses, there were instructions as to how it functioned and how to use it effectively.  

ciao, bj

Wholeheartedly concur.  The new forum is anything but intuitive, and there doesn't appear to be an instruction manual.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 215 of 287 (2,506 Views)

@BlueJay

Sorry there was some confusion. In my post (#210) I was simply responding to a concern you mentioned in post #208, about: 

"Since the beginning, there has been a "bug" with the posting of images.  See the example:

Why ??  Quite an annoying view  seeing double images, and in some cases huge ones.."

This is typically caused when someone uploads a picture using the upload file option:

When we told our vendor about this issue that is when they stated it was a "bug" they were working to get it resolved.

What I was also stating was, that a good work around so that you don't have that happen to you, is to upload your picture using the Photo option in the reply bar: 

I made a mistake showing you my reply bar as it includes a video option. As I mentioned before, the video option is something in the testing phases and we are deciding if that is a good option to roll out to the entire community.

Again, I was only trying to address any specific concerns that you are experiencing and work with you get them resolved.

Additionally, if you have any questions about specific items/features and what they do or what they are used for please don't hesitate to let me know as I am happy to help. I hope this clears up some of the confusion if you need anything else or have any other specific concerns, again, please let me know.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 216 of 287 (1,989 Views)

The following image was taken from the    http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/bd-p/CTV_Equip  forum.

Trying to read ONLY new posts is extremely difficult.    WHY aren't the most recent posts/threads brought to the top of the list, right under the pinned threads, in order? 

I've arrowed the relevant dates.  Original post date....  Answered date.....  "Pixelation"  should be way up the list...   and "Re:Tivo Roamio" should be further down..

Am I alone in thinking this is a lack of coherence.    ciao, bj

Just a p.s., this has been bothering me since the implementation of this revision.  

bug~dating sequence within topics.png

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-11-2016 06:00 PM

Administrator

Message 217 of 287 (1,984 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BlueJay

I apologize that you have been experiencing any issues with the way posts are displying. When I went to the link you provided I did not see any issue with the chronological order of the posts/

3.PNG

I am certain that you can resolve this simply by changing the way posts are displayed via the "Options" 

4.PNG

I hope this helps. If you need anything else or have any other concerns please don't hesitate to let us know.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Edited on
‎08-14-2016 05:47 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 218 of 287 (1,912 Views)

[ Edited ]

This "Re: 2016 Response Forum Design: Post Feedback Here"

is really, really confusing--here is why:

Forum participants have only two (2) choices (they can either mark "Kudos" or "Reply")

To be more specific, this forces Forum participants to choose ONE posted Reply to which to Reply.  Since ComcastJessie is the Comcast Official Employee who offered this topic in the first place--which is a good thing--since it is THE  way for users to give that feedback--report problems, bugs, difficulties, suggest modifications and improvements, etc.

However, this means we can make every "Reply" to the OP (ComcastJessie)  OR  we have to choose to "Reply" to one single other posted reply of one single other posted reply, etc.

This makes the entire subject very confusing--at least, for me.

I could actually "Reply" to almost every "Reply" of a "Reply" of a "Reply" because I have experienced all of the same difficulties (and some that have not, yet, been mentioned).  I have no logical means of posting some new and different problem with the Forum Redesign.  Posting something entirely new about this by using Reply to someone's post that is an entirely different matter would make my post confusing  (illogically placed ) to everyone.  Also,  if I received a reply and got a notification of a reply it would state this very same subject as to where I would find the reply.  I would not know where to look, unless I re-read the entire thread.  I HAVE been reading and re-reading this entire thread, since it began and I am more confused than ever.

Is there some other way to organize this?   The Forum really needs this topic to continue, until the problems, malfunctions, confusions, etc. are fixed, so it was a great idea that ComcastJessie got it started.

As a NEW Forum problem, that began to happen for me, lately--for instance, today became unbearably confusing:  Every time, I right-click on an individual Post (reply) to read it on its own page (or tab), finish reading it and go back to the whole list of topics on any Forum, that whole page is darkened while a pop-up box from Comcast is asking me to participate in a survey.  I have to keep clicking "No Thanks" just so that I can continue trying to find solutions on the Forum, read other posts, replies, etc.--and/or attempt to post, myself.

See?  My NEW fORUM PROBLEM has to be buried down as only a "reply" to something that has nothing whatsoever to do with my New Problem--which has nothing to do with the post to which I have no choice but to "reply."  Do you understand what I mean?  Anyone?  This was hard for me to try to explain.

Sorry, I could not proofread. Hope you understand this.

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-02-2016 01:02 PM

Administrator

Message 219 of 287 (1,880 Views)

[ Edited ]

All,

In order to better align with other Help & Support options and to better serve our larger organizational goals we are going to be changing the layout of some of our boards. You will notice these changes will almost mirror how the Xfinity Help & Support Articles are organized, seen here: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/?CMP=ILC:MA:MA:SUB:COM:GEN:INT55c0dbb2a8e9d

They will also serve to make finding a specific issue or where to post issue, much easier. This has been months in discussion both within our team but with teams across the organization. You will notice, minus the Internet section and a new Apps section, the forum will pretty much remain the same. You can see the new layout versus the old layout below.

CURRENT                                                                       NEW

vs. 1.PNG

vs. 2.PNGvs. 3.PNG

This change will be taking place on Tuesday, 08/16/15 at 6:00 AM EST. If you are wanting to avoid some confusion while we work to make this re-organization, we should be completed by 9:00 AM EST.

As with any change we want to welcome any feedback, comments, questions, or concerns that you all may have. Thank you all for your patience as we work to make this change

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 220 of 287 (1,875 Views)

Just a Quick Notice of something REALLY IMPORTANT; namely "Accessibility"

Under the New --"Accessibility" is a sub-topic under TV.

Those with disabilities would likely have needs in every single possibility of being a Comcast Customer with any and every service.  Listed just under TV would not be a good idea, in my opinion.

If "Accessibility" can only be one, single topic/subject--the best place to put this is exactly where it has been--under Customer Service.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 221 of 287 (1,854 Views)

Ha, I know the forum is being moved around yet again, thanks for the heads up the other day Jessie. However, I now find I have 99+ notifications from old posts I'm still subscribed to and 126 Email notifications.....LOL!

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-17-2016 05:30 AM

Gold Problem Solver

Message 222 of 287 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]

ComcastJessie wrote: ... You will notice these changes will almost mirror how the Xfinity Help & Support Articles are organized...

A pity, as IMHO it's harder to find the info I want in Help & Support than it has ever been in any previous incarnation of that section.

... This has been months in discussion both within our team but with teams across the organization. ...

Translation: "If you don't like it, don't bother whining about it, because we know best, we've made up our minds, and we're not changing it."

... You can see the new layout versus the old layout below ...

There are so many harebrained changes here I hardly know where to begin, so I'll just mention one: Email & Connect becomes Email & Browsing? Seriously? There a lots of ways to read and write email that don't involve browsers, and even more kinds of browsing that don't involve email. This is . . . dumb.

... we should be completed by 9:00 AM EST ...

You're 5 hours late, and counting . . .

Also, what happened to the Notification Feed? Since Comcast/Lithium seems incapable of sending notification emails in a timely and reliable manner, the Notification Feed introduced in the last major reorg was just about the only thing added that was actually useful. ("Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"). Where did the feed go???

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-16-2016 06:27 PM

Problem Solver

Message 223 of 287 (1,807 Views)

[ Edited ]

You know, it might be nice if just once, Comcast would listen to those of us who've been part of this forum a lot longer than the rest of the employees have been have even been working!  Seriously, just listen for a change.  Things have been getting worse with each change for a couple of years.  Just stop.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 224 of 287 (1,596 Views)

This is scary looking. I'm guessing it's due to the merging, causing old posts from a removed forum being added:

ComcastForum2.png

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 225 of 287 (1,550 Views)

Re: 2016 Responsive Forum Design: Subscription bug

comcastjessie, is it a design or a bug that we can no longer 'regular' (not RSS) subscribe to a form thread as renamed like under "TV" "X1"? I find only the Subscribe to RSS feed.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-22-2016 11:35 AM

Administrator

Message 226 of 287 (1,532 Views)

[ Edited ]

As of now all forum notifications and subscriptions are disabled. This is to allow the finalization of this new re-alignment. We should be finished very soon and once completed those features will be restored. Thank you all so much for your patience as we work to get this finished. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Edited on
‎08-23-2016 12:05 PM

Gold Problem Solver

Message 227 of 287 (1,525 Views)

[ Edited ]

ComcastJessie wrote: As of now all forum notifications and subscriptions are disabled. ...

If so, why is my Inbox still being flooded with long-dead notification emails? Why am I seeing in-browser "New Reply!" popups on Forum pages??  Ex:

FrmRegPup1.png

Why does your Heads Up post still say this process will be complete by "Tuesday, 08/16/15 at 9:00 AM EST" when it is now a week later???

Why wern't Forum members warned of the blizzard of ancient Notifications???? If they weren't foreseen, why didn't you let us know what was going on when you discovered them???? When you removed the Notification Feed page, why didn't you let us know????

Why do you still say (in http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/2016-Responsive-Forum-Design-Post-Feedback-H... ) that "all forum notifications and subscriptions are disabled", when that clearly is NOT the case????

Why is Comcast/Lithium so incredibly incompetent?????

"Can't Anybody Here Play This Game?"

... We should be finished very soon ...

Here's hoping that's before the Heat Death of the Universe . . .

(Edit: various)

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 228 of 287 (1,522 Views)

BruceW wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote: As of now all forum notifications and subscriptions are disabled. ...

If so, why is my Inbox still being flooded with long-dead notification emails? Why am I seeing in-browser "New Reply!" popups on Forum pages?? Why does your Heads Up post still say this process will be complete by "Tuesday, 08/16/15 at 9:00 AM EST"???

Why is Comcast/Lithium so incredibly incompetent????

"Can't Anybody Here Play This Game?"

... We should be finished very soon ...

Here's hoping that's before the Heat Death of the Universe . . .

wow! I thought that was 'only' me since no one else said it. I got like 200 over 3 days of really old notifications.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 229 of 287 (1,504 Views)

This is getting crazy. Also, on the email listing, even when I do a 'mark all as read', it keeps incrementing every time I refresh. I'm guessing it's still in the process of and rearranging everying?

ComcastForum3.png

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 230 of 287 (1,487 Views)

Oh andyross, if only they had reread this thread, and all the feedback from prior revisions..  

Will this ever happen??      ciao, bj   

plan ahead.jpg

And in the process, don't create more chaos..  

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 231 of 287 (1,483 Views)

And that pretty much describes the last several iterations!  Well done, BJ!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 232 of 287 (1,424 Views)

it has been over a year that I can open a chrome browser and not see 'sign in' at top of each screen. was this supposed to be fixed in early 2016?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 233 of 287 (1,414 Views)

Rustyben wrote:

it has been over a year that I can open a chrome browser and not see 'sign in' at top of each screen. was this supposed to be fixed in early 2016?

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue. Is the forum automatically logging you in or are you just not seeing the Log-in option?

My computer automatically logs me in when I use the forum, so I never see "log in" option. However, when I clear my browser cache and cookies it then will kick me out and force me to log-in. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 234 of 287 (1,410 Views)

ComcastJessie wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue. Is the forum automatically logging you in or are you just not seeing the Log-in option?

My computer automatically logs me in when I use the forum, so I never see "log in" option. However, when I clear my browser cache and cookies it then will kick me out and force me to log-in. 

bit complicated.. when selecting an email notification, or launching browser and going to a bookmarked thread, the upper right corner says 'log in' for an option and my avatar is not showing. 

however, when I hit reply the board appears to 'log me in' and the reply works. 

the real problem with this is that I must manually log in in order to give a kudo. when you select kudo when 'log in' is shown the board web page does nothing (not even a hint to log in first).

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-23-2016 04:14 PM

Administrator

Message 235 of 287 (1,411 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Rustyben

I sincerely apologize that this is happening. I will ensure that we pass this information along to Lithium to get this fixed for you. Just so we can get you better assistance can you provide additional browser information. Thanks in advance.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 236 of 287 (1,407 Views)

All,

So I wanted to provide you all a little more insight as to what is happening with the forum and notifications. We obviously had a snafu last week when we initially started moving posts that triggered the notifications to go out again (as if they were new posts). As soon as we were made aware of this issue we went in and disabled forum notifications.

On August 18th we got a push from Lithium to version 16.7. Something with that push re-enabled those notifications. We once again thought we had fully disabled those notifications again, however, we found out yesterday (thanks to you all) that notifications were still coming to many of you.

In order to remedy this issue we actually disabled the email box that actually sends out those notifications. We recognized that there is some bug that has prevented them from fully being disabled from within the forum community so this was our only option.

That email box will remain disabled until the end of the day Thursday, to ensure everything with this migration is 100% completed. As of now that means that any email notifications from the forum are disabled. This includes emails about Accepted Solutions, welcoming new users to the community, notifications for new badges or ranks earned, etc.

As always we sincerely appreciate you taking time to ensure that we have been made aware of this issue. Without the help of you all we would have been even more delayed in finding the root cause and finding ways to get this corrected. I know I speak for the entire forum team when I say thank you and we sincerely appreciate your help and patience. Thanks again!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 237 of 287 (1,392 Views)

ComcastJessie wrote: ... In order to remedy this issue we actually disabled the email box that actually sends out those notifications. ...

And yet, the flood continues. These, though they arrived a few minutes ago, are all from 2012 and 2013:

FrmRrgEmNt1.png

And 6 more came in while I was typing this.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 238 of 287 (1,388 Views)

Rustyben wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

bit complicated.. when selecting an email notification, or launching browser and going to a bookmarked thread, the upper right corner says 'log in' for an option and my avatar is not showing. 

however, when I hit reply the board appears to 'log me in' and the reply works. 

the real problem with this is that I must manually log in in order to give a kudo. when you select kudo when 'log in' is shown the board web page does nothing (not even a hint to log in first).

I had some issues with Firefox when I had it set to never accept 3rd party cookies. I had to use exceptions to  ALLOW "https://login.comcast.net" to get most of the Comcast sites to work properly.

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-24-2016 03:54 PM

Service Expert

Message 239 of 287 (1,370 Views)

[ Edited ]

ComcastJessie wrote:

@Rustyben

I sincerely apologize that this is happening. I will ensure that we pass this information along to Lithium to get this fixed for you. Just so we can get you better assistance can you provide additional browser information. Thanks in advance.

normally I use chrome (windows 10 too). because you asked about browsers I tried IE and firefox too. they all did exactly the same thing. to test, I logged in and said keep me logged in check mark. then I closed the browser, then relaunced relaunched it with same URL. each new open showed 'log in' at top right of page. Problem seems to be web page specific if my testing was valid.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 240 of 287 (1,362 Views)

Comcast Jessie

In reference to message 217 in this thread.

Check out the Home Network section in the forums. The option to sort there is only by Start Date of postings. You get a few 2016 but they start generally with 2008.

Lithium has a issue in this update. But then again that seems to be Comcast's biggest weakness: having to deal with bad updates/software like this and you guys have to cover for the software providers incompetence. Same for the guide software; useless many times for lack of accuracy.

Lithium needs to own up they messed up.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 241 of 287 (1,373 Views)

commanguy wrote:

Comcast Jessie

In reference to message 217 in this thread.

Check out the Home Network section in the forums. The option to sort there is only by Start Date of postings. You get a few 2016 but they start generally with 2008.

Lithium has a issue in this update. But then again that seems to be Comcast's biggest weakness: having to deal with bad updates/software like this and you guys have to cover for the software providers incompetence. Same for the guide software; useless many times for lack of accuracy.

Lithium needs to own up they messed up.

What has been going on here has had nothing to do with Lithium and everything to do with the forums being rearranged/combined to be in alignment with a Help/Support page that has been designed.  While Lithium did recently release an update it unfortunately fell during a time when posts from old forums were being moved to the new forums; the move was done strictly by forum administrators behind the scenes much like the way that Experts move posts from one category to the next, but without anyone seeing in forum "Moved" notifications.

If you're seeing extremely old posts and high board counts, either do a Mark All Read in each category or from the bottom of the landing page, do a Mark All Read which should reset the entire forum so that new posts should be indicated rather than thousands of old posts going back forever.  Also, go back into your Profile settings and make sure everything is set the way you had it before. 

As you may have noticed, the Bell icon is still missing.  It will not be reset until most of the behind the scenes work is finished.  For those that are still getting massive amounts of Community Mailers, again, check your settings here; for whatever reason some people are seeing threads show up in the Notification area under Subscriptions & Notifications.  By removing those, you should not see old notifications again.  However, since most of the old posts have already been moved, you should not get another notification about those particular posts.  [Yeah, that's clear as mud, huh?]

It's better to ask rather than to speculate incorrectly.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-24-2016 07:45 AM

Silver Problem Solver

Message 242 of 287 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]

Again

Sorry if it seemed like speculation. I mentioned the two different options for sorting between this thread and the Home Network thread/sub-heading.

I relize that the forums are being re-arranged and I was under the impression that Lithium provided the software for these forums to function.

How the layout is designed I am not sure about and to be honest I don't mind the layout. Renaming the sub sections I also understand will be ongoing and they have the topics covered listed so not that hard to find what you need.

My comment was directed more to the difference in options for sorting being named differently which should be/is (?) of the software. And if Lithium does not provide the software for that then I apoligize to Lithium.

Forgot to mention I had tried the Mark all Read and that didn't seem to change things.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 243 of 287 (1,331 Views)

All is cool commanguy.  I was doing a basic reply, trying to address a lot of issues in a short post.  We've all been frustrated with what's been going on because it didn't quite go as quickly as planned and some snafu's cropped up that weren't expected.  And, like everyone here, we have to roll with the punches and problems, too, which makes it hard for us to concentrate on helping folks with non-forum problems.  Hopefully all of the mayhem and confusion will be over within the next day or so.  So, hang in there with us.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 244 of 287 (1,319 Views)

ComcastJessie wrote: ... In order to remedy this issue we actually disabled the email box that actually sends out those notifications. ...

Still rolling in this morning . . .

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 245 of 287 (1,318 Views)

Just for the heck of it, Bruce, have you tried marking the boxes in   My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications >Notification Settings to reflect no emails for the duration of this new revision?  Smiley Wink

ciao, bj

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 246 of 287 (1,276 Views)

BlueJay wrote:Just for the heck of it, Bruce, have you tried marking the boxes in   My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications >Notification Settings to reflect no emails for the duration of this new revision?  Smiley Wink ...

I set "New replies posted to content I subscribe to" to "Never" shortly after all this folderol began last week BJ. That kills the bogus New Reply emails, but of course it also kills legit New Reply emails too. Since info on the progress of the Reorg From Heck was so late in coming and has been so sparse, I turn the setting back to Default every now and then just to see what happens.

Wish I had any idea how it is I'm getting these emails if the server which sends them has actually been disabled. I suspect that "reports of its death have been greatly exaggerated" (apologies to Mr. Clemens).

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-25-2016 12:40 AM

Problem Solver

Message 247 of 287 (1,265 Views)

[ Edited ]

The Living Dead!!!   Zombies!!    

edit:  FWIW,, I've had that whole page marked Never for a long time..  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Administrator

Message 248 of 287 (1,219 Views)

The planned update to the Forum was completed at 2am MDT this morning.  Notifications via email for new messages as well as subscriptions notifications will remain offline until Monday 8/29 to allow for any queued notification messages to clear. The message view settings and post sort order have been restored to the previous settings.

Thank you for your patience and please let us know if you experience issues receiving your subscription notifications after 8/29.

Thank You

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product; Support; Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 249 of 287 (1,194 Views)

ComcastJohnL wrote:

The planned update to the Forum was completed at 2am MDT this morning.  Notifications via email for new messages as well as subscriptions notifications will remain offline until Monday 8/29 to allow for any queued notification messages to clear. The message view settings and post sort order have been restored to the previous settings.

Thank you for your patience and please let us know if you experience issues receiving your subscription notifications after 8/29.

Thank You

So for all intents and purposes, the planned update has been completed.  Would it be asking too much with this final update, for you folks to provide a listing of the forums.   An INDEX, a FORUM LANDING PAGE.   Something similar to the listing ComcastJessie, posted in his/her message

#201: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/2016-Responsive-Forum-Design-Post-Feedback-H...

and #219: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/2016-Responsive-Forum-Design-Post-Feedback-H...

What I'm asking is for a one continuous page with the forum name, description, and also NEW POSTS, with a link that can be bookmarked. 

We had it before and it was fantastic!!.   We knew at a glance, what was new in the  forums, and where to go. 

You already have some semblance of a list from CJessies's posts,  that sort of grid is easier to follow rather than going back and forth with the "pie" links in the upper left corner of the page.  Easier to maneuver too.

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 250 of 287 (913 Views)

It' s been 2 weeks and no comments or replies to my questions.   I guess we will never see a Landing Page.  Just for reference I submit these links:

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Business-Forum-Re-Design-2016/td-p...

and:

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

And, NO, I am not a business class subscriber, but when a link to the Business Class Forum is posted, I do take a look. 

ciao, bj