New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

2016 Responsive Forum Design: Post Feedback Here

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 151 of 296

The Test Forum was listed as part of the EXPERT ZONE when expanded.  That Zone cannot be expanded as shown in the second image:

Help & Support Forum Listing.PNG

This is a portion of the expanded area:

Help & Support forum expanded.PNG

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 152 of 296

ComcastJessie wrote:

Thank you for the feedback Andy. We are actually working to make some updates and all of this should be resolved by first thing tomorrow (04/06/16) morning. Thanks again for letting us know.

Are part of the updates the removal of the TEST FORUM??     Please see my thread below:  

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/WHAT-HAPPENED-TO-THE-TEST-FORUM/m-p/2731881#U273188...

thanks, ciao, bj

Posted by
Administrator

Message 153 of 296

BlueJay,

The update that was made was to correct the numerous issues people were experiencing with the layout of the forum. Additionally, since we are "cleaning" up the forum we decided to close that board. The posts that were being made there were not at all related to what that thread was intended for. Over the coming weeks and months we will be consolidating and merging other boards as well. I apologize if this has caused any inconvenience for you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 154 of 296

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 155 of 296

What happened to the "Computer Hardware and Software" forum? It looks like everything in there is from 2004, and locked???

Posted by
Administrator

Message 156 of 296

andyross,

In an effort to make the forum easier to use and to navigate through we are merging and removing topics. You will see these changes continue for the next couple of weeks until all outdated/duplicate information is eliminated. Thank you for your patience as we make these changes.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 157 of 296

ComcastJessie wrote:
 Thank you for your patience as we make these changes.

Cha cha cha changes.......

It's like a big game of Clue.  Or more like one of those search and find games.  But one thing for sure....it's not been boring around here this last year!

Oh, and just my $0.02 worth....I love the changes being made.  I think in the end, customers will find this will be positive and very helpful and easier to navigate.  Change isn't necessarily bad, but while it's happening it can be frustrating.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 158 of 296

So far, all I can see is that navigation has taken another step downward.  Now we have forums starting with locked threads from five years back, and "recent" threads such as this one on page 96.   Active unresolved problems have had the threads locked during the mixmastering.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 159 of 296

I don't have words suitable for these forums to describe my feelings when I TRIED to access threads and forums that I have been viewing.

NEW NAMES  ???

NEW LOCATIONS ???

DELETIONS  ????

A LOGICAL MAP  ???

This is without a doubt the WORST incarnation of comcast's forums ever....   

One name popped up with all these locked old threads...   NADDIE    Smiley Happy  --   Now she would have had some choice words for these revisions..  

Only at comcast will you have  forum  -  homepage  -  webmail    revisions  back to back....   while tv commercials glowingly show peaches & cream..

The cream has curdled and soured!   

I agree, WTP,  navigation has gone downward further.  Seems like they're playing  "52 pickup"  and it just ain't fun no more. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

ciao, bj

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 160 of 296

Was an update or supposed "fix" done since yesterday? One that broke something that previously worked?

I am not able to upload images. I get

Uploading "file name here" resulted in the following error: You are not authorized to make this request

I've tried uploading .png, .gif and .jpg files. Each time I get the error.

ALL of them are within the size for uploading.

Also received this one instead when uploading an image

Uploading "file name here" resulting in an error. Try uploading your file again.

I also tried to upload the images by going to My Profile/View All under My Photos.

Did not work: yes it was said twice, to draw attention to it.

An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• An Unexpected Error has occurred.

An image can be inserted into a post if it has already been uploaded OR uploaded to a photo hosting site (I use imgur) and choosing  the URL option for placing an image in a post.

Already uploaded does not work if it is a NEW image or screenshot.

I do NOT want to upload images for forum use to imgur.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 161 of 296

I also tried to post an image....   NO GO!!  

How many and which forums have been consolidated into this category  MY ACCOUNT SIGN-IN???  

Trying to find threads I've been following is an exercise in futility.    Especially since the location forums are gone and no information has been provided.

SURPRISE!!!   

The only positive thing I found, is that I can now find and locate a particular post and go to it using profile>latest post>view all>

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 162 of 296

BUG!!    BUG!!!  BUG!!!

I don't know the expression to describe this bug, but here are some examples from recent replies:

my post #161 above  --- has been p    rovided.  

QueenEvies post #160 above  --    URL option for pl    acing an image

also see posts 157-158-159

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 163 of 296

All I get, even for the smallest pictures, well less than the new "1000k" limit, is "you are not authorized".  And the text editor seem to be basic text, with no wrap around, or any other normal word processing features. Wow.  Really "easier to navigate".  But as a news flash, did anyone notice that the Community Forums are being closed?  It's on the front page of this forum. 

Oh, and after all this time, I still miss Naddie.  Thanks for the memories, BJ. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 164 of 296

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Me, too.  I think about her often.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 165 of 296

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

All I get, even for the smallest pictures, well less than the new "1000k" limit, is "you are not authorized".  And the text editor seem to be basic text, with no wrap around, or any other normal word processing features. Wow.  Really "easier to navigate".  But as a news flash, did anyone notice that the Community Forums are being closed?  It's on the front page of this forum. 

Sure did WTP..  I miss the interactions and community of those forums & times..  But not the volatility of the political forum.  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 166 of 296

The issue regarding the inabilty to upload images  has been resolved.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 167 of 296
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 168 of 296

Who is the brain surgeon that decided to make all the text in the messages right justified?  It would be fine if the right justification didn't take words and split them randomly. This makes post more difficult to read since it looks as though the poster didn't know how to type.  Sorry if this was posted already, but I couldn't find it.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 169 of 296
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 170 of 296

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Who is the brain surgeon that decided to make all the text in the messages right justified?  It would be fine if the right justification didn't take words and split them randomly. This makes post more difficult to read since it looks as though the poster didn't know how to type.  Sorry if this was posted already, but I couldn't find it.

I just happened to stumble across this post...  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Computer-Hardware-and-Software/Word-wrap-failing-on-these-forums/m-p/27...

Also feels like I'm in "mushroom syndrome" slogging through these revised forums...  Smiley Sad

ciao, bj

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 171 of 296

I guess this is the closest forum to post this, since it seems Comcast is slowly removing all of them so nobody can complain??

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed several forums disappear. DVR Manager just disappeared today. The forum for the main Xfinity.com web site disappeared a few weeks ago. Also, several forums are only showing posts from 2003, often with everything locked.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 172 of 296

I experienced the same issue today when trying to open a post. 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 173 of 296

I posted the same question. Geek told me they were working on improving the forums. Just getting worse.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 174 of 296

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/bd-p/CTV_Equip/ is all messed up.

There are at least 100 pages of OLDER posts, starting on page one of the board with posts from 2003.

I went as far as 100 pages attempting to find posts from the past couple of weeks.

The majority of those older posts have NOTHING to do with TV service and equipment.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 175 of 296

REDESIGN??  Is that what we're calling it now?  By the time they're finished, we'll have a one board forum, with no idea what the heck is going on, where to post, what was and what may be.  

This is the latest "redesign" of the forum/board listing:  AND WHERE IS THE DVR FORUM??  {yes, I'm shouting}  - not at you geek46- at the group responsible for this maze. Smiley Sad  

ciao, bj

list of forum boards 4~26~16.PNG

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 176 of 296

BJ,

The DVR Manager forum was combined into the Xfinity TV & Equipment Forum....

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 177 of 296

I like how my post was removed for questioning the stupidity of where this thread was placed. It has nothing to do with Billing NOR Customer Service.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 178 of 296

Thanks geek!!  

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 179 of 296

Shouldn't we wrap the previous "forum redesign" thread into this one?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/2016-Responsive-Forum-Design-Post-Feedback-H...

Most of the mess the newbies made is still outstanding, if not made worse by the new changes.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 180 of 296

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/2016-Responsive-Forum-Design-Post-Feedback-H...

Most of the mess the newbies made is still outstanding, if not made worse by the new changes.

Newbies?

Actually, this thread is more for changes being made to the forum structure [I think] rather than internal workings.  Like, where did the Xfinity.com Website forum go, kinds of things.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 181 of 296

What's this for then, for the Comcasters/Experts or both?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Training/ct-p/Training

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 182 of 296

Again wrote:

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Newbies?

Actually, this thread is more for changes being made to the forum structure [I think] rather than internal workings.  Like, where did the Xfinity.com Website forum go, kinds of things.

By Newbies, do you mean the team from the RESPONSIVE FORUM DESIGN group?   

I've been waiting for them to post and some "constructive" and logical information as to what and where these forums are being directed.

This is the most haphazard offering of forum revision/upgrade/ to date.    And the glaring lack of any form of documentation is, to me, rude and arrogant.

Divide and conquer, and the downfall will come from within.  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 183 of 296

Yes, those are the ones.  Smiley Happy  After all, most of us have been on this forum since it began;  the new crop of employees just got here.  Who knows when they're going to leave again, like past ones?  We've seen all the mistakes and know what works, but once again, we're being ignored.

If the desire is to have multiple threads for the forum shortcomings, I don't really care.  Just doesn't seem very efficient, given that little, if anything, was fixed from the last thread.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 184 of 296

Paraniod wrote:

Hmm.  Can't find that on the "landing page".  How'd you find it, BJ?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 185 of 296

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Paraniod wrote:

T'was me, just noticed EG's test post. Wonder if they are going to train us unruly customers? Smiley Happy

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 186 of 296

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Paraniod wrote:

It's not on the "landing page", {which is a big joke and a waste of space}  was mentioned by Paraniod in #7 above.  I've looked all over couldn't find it either.  

Can't find a lot of things lately..    Complaining??  Just par for the course here.  

ciao, bj 

This too shall pass.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 187 of 296

Hey All,

I just wanted to share a little about what is happening in the forums. We have been doing some consolidating of outdated, unused, or non-relevant boards. This will make using the boards more simplified and ensure easier maneuverability within the forum. However, when moving and consolidating some of these boards you may have noticed some incorrect date sequencing. Posts were also going into the incorrect boards. We have since remedied this and all boards will have only relevant posts based on that topic and are in the correct date order. We have noticed a few issues with with a few threads that are still being worked on. 

The training boards you may have seen are intended for internal use only. Over the last year the amount of traffic Comcast has seen in the forum and in other Social Media outlets has increased dramatically. This has not only allowed us the ability to make some much needed changes within the forum, but also we are able to grow our team. We were using those boards as a place where our newest team members could experiencing the forum in "real time" and be able to understand how they work. These agents are still in the training phase of their careers here at Comcast and without being able to interact with our customers yet they would have a place to practice with other employees. You should notice now that you no longer will be seeing those boards so they will no longer be a concern. 

I hope I was able to address everyone's concerns. If you have any further questions, comments, concern, or would like to share feedback with us please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks for your patience as we go through these "growing pains" and forum changes.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 188 of 296

ComcastJessie wrote:

Hey All,

I just wanted to share a little about what is happening in the forums. We have been doing some consolidating of outdated, unused, or non-relevant boards. This will make using the boards more simplified and ensure easier maneuverability within the forum. However, when moving and consolidating some of these boards you may have noticed some incorrect date sequencing. Posts were also going into the incorrect boards. We have since remedied this and all boards will have only relevant posts based on that topic and are in the correct date order.

I don't think that's actually happened yet.  I can't even find this thread without heroic efforts.  Smiley HappyCapture.JPG
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 189 of 296

Something is messed up with the login credentials. I have to keep clicking 'Sign In' after opening most of the forums. It doesn't seem to remember once I Sign In once.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 190 of 296

I think they messed up the log in for accounts also. I noticed now that it shows me two options for my email when signing on to my account anywhere on Comcast.

The first option is just my email address like it normally has been in the past.

The second option is my normal email address but behind the .net portion is also include a bunch of letters/numbers/special charcters.

New wrinkle they added in. Just interesting how they can't help but break something by fixing something else, and that might not have needed fixing.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 191 of 296

I'm still having issues with the it not remembering my credentials moving from forum to forum. I have to keep clicking 'Sign In' each time. For my normal Firefox, I deleted all of the Comcast and Xfinity cookies, and the browser cache. No change. I tried Internet Explorer (rarely used). No change.

I wonder if all this merging has messed up some security credentials somewhere.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 192 of 296

Andy, all this merging and whatever else they're doing, is royally mucking up the forum access.   

Is it too much trouble or even consideration for the teams to provide some information of :

Which forums have been closed.

Which forums have been RENAMED--  from what to what

Which forums have been consolidated with what

There's more  but I am so sick and tired --  if anyone cares, fighting a wicked cough and copd kicked in big time..

ciao, bj

and I think one of the major issues I have is where is the location of the link that dj280 provided found for EASY ACCESS FOR US..

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/FORUM-MEMBERS-ONLINE-NOW-List-is-MALFUNCTION...

KUDOS to dj280  and gigantic negative kudos to the team for lackluster responses to all posts.  Smiley Sad

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 193 of 296

andyross wrote:

I'm still having issues with the it not remembering my credentials moving from forum to forum. I have to keep clicking 'Sign In' each time. For my normal Firefox, I deleted all of the Comcast and Xfinity cookies, and the browser cache. No change. I tried Internet Explorer (rarely used). No change.

I wonder if all this merging has messed up some security credentials somewhere.

Using firefox, noticed that when I sign in, then sign out. It signs me back in again, when I go to view another thread, bit weird, that didn't happen before.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 194 of 296

A curious thing, Paraniod, the message that you posted at 11:13am is NOT being recorded on the All Topics Listing:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/page/1

Don't know if it's a bug or not, just throwing it out there.   Too many strange things going on each day,each hour and each minute...

ciao, bj

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 195 of 296

Yeah, see that BJ, your reply at 10:59 doesn't show either.....Maybe they are hiding our whining...LOL!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 196 of 296

I'd laugh too, Paraniod, but this whole fiasco is getting too old.  

I'd like to know how that All Topics list is generated...  

Just what is "all topics"....

ciao, bj

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 197 of 296

It looks like the "HD Enhanced Program" thread in the "Xfinity TV and Equipment" is backwards. New replies seem to be appearing on page one instead of being on the last page.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 198 of 296
Just checked mine and last post on last page is #334 by Pharrell.. on my page 7
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 199 of 296

BlueJay wrote:

Andy, all this merging and whatever else they're doing, is royally mucking up the forum access.   

Is it too much trouble or even consideration for the teams to provide some information of :

Which forums have been closed.

Which forums have been RENAMED--  from what to what

Which forums have been consolidated with what

There's more  but I am so sick and tired --  if anyone cares, fighting a wicked cough and copd kicked in big time..

ciao, bj

and I think one of the major issues I have is where is the location of the link that dj280 provided found for EASY ACCESS FOR US..

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/FORUM-MEMBERS-ONLINE-NOW-List-is-MALFUNCTION...

KUDOS to dj280  and gigantic negative kudos to the team for lackluster responses to all posts.  Smiley Sad

Since no one has offered an explanation and the time to do this has just dragged on, I will do my best to try and explain it as I know it:

Xfinity Internet

* E-Mail & Xfinity Connect remains in this section

* Basic Internet Connectivity remains in this section

** Comcast ID & SIgn-In has been combined w/ My Account Website Forum and being moved to the My Account Section and being renamed to My Account SIgn-In

** Macintosh Board is being combined into the Computer Hardware & Software Board

* Security & Anti-Virus remains in this section

* Home Networking / Router / & Wifi Gateway Help remains in this section

** Web Browsers is being combined into the Computer Hardware & Software Board

** Xfinity.com Website is being Combined into the Comcast ID & Sign-In and moved to My Account Section and being renamed My Account SIgn-In

Xfinity TV

* Xfinity TV & Equipment remains in this section

* X1 remains in this section

* Video On Demand remains in this section

* Channels & Programming remains in this section

** Xfinity TV Website renamed to Xfinity TV Website & Mobile Apps and remains in this section

** Xfinity TV Mobile Apps renamed to Xfinity TV Website & Mobile Apps and remains in this section

** DVR Manager is being combined in to the Xfinity TV & Equipment Forum in this section

Xfinity Voice

** Voice Service & Equipment will be split into Voice Features Forum and Voice Equipment Forum and remain in this section

** Caller ID has been combined into the Voice Features Forum

** Voice Mail has been combined into the Voice Features Forum

Xfinity Home

No Changes at this time

MY ACCOUNT being renamed Billing & Customer Service

* Billing remains in this section

* Customer Service remains in this section

** Accessibility being renamed to Accessibility Assistance and remains in this section

** My Account Website being renamed to My Account Sign-In & Xfinity Website

That's all I know but I had hoped that a Comcast OE had done this announcement BEFORE or On THE DAY the forums were changed.....

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 200 of 296

BlueJay wrote:
Just checked mine and last post on last page is #334 by Pharrell.. on my page 7

There is a known "problem" with Post Counts and Comcast has submitted this to Lithium.... waiting on a fix from them at this time.  It goes much deeper than just a timing issue....  my Post Count has been frozen at 8913 for over 10 days now, no matter how many posts I make per day....  Smiley Sad

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon