members

online now

discussions

2016 Responsive Forum Design: Post Feedback Here

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 101 of 297

edron wrote:
I am typing this without any Forum Tools(I have no Forum formatting screen--only an outline of a rectangular box).  I can copy a screen shot--BUT it will not paste into the body of my comment box, where I am currently typing.

edron, I need you to check something. IF you do not see your avatar with the drop down arrow next to it click this link to go to YOUR settings page. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences OR click on your user name in a post to go to your profile. On your profile page click EDIT PROFILE.

Or you can use this link to go straight to your settings https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage

Follow the directions below once you are on your settings page.

(I know for a fact that clicking the links will take you to your profile page or settings page if you are signed in. I copied the URL's for both from my profile page and my settings page, signed in to the forum with my husband's account, pasted the URL's into the address bar and it did open his profile page and settings page)

Click PREFERENCES.

When that page opens look under Preference Options.

If HTML Editor is checked what you see looks like this in IE.

If it is checked, enable Rich Text Editor by choosing either Rich Text Editor OR Use default (Rich Text Editor). This *should* then make it look like this

Then click the big yellow SAVE button. If it works, and things are still missing from the page you will be able to post a screenshot.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 102 of 297

Queen-Evie, if I understand correctly, edron is only missing the Rich Text bar in IE, but not in Chrome.  Or, was until s/he removed Compatibility view. S/he also seems to be having multiple problems with IE not only in the forums, but with the homepage as well. As yet, however, s/he hasn't responded in the other thread about what version of IE or Windows, or if IE has any add-ons.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 103 of 297

FYI...to get to my profile to see my latest posts I have to click on my avatar. The 'down arrow' does not react .

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 104 of 297

TerriB wrote:

FYI...to get to my profile to see my latest posts I have to click on my avatar. The 'down arrow' does not react .

See 3rd post.  Does not change my cursor, but if i click arrow V a drop down does appear. Still having problem with Share drop down though.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 105 of 297

UHFandHD wrote:

TerriB wrote:

See 3rd post.  Does not change my cursor, but if i click arrow V a drop down does appear. Still having problem with Share drop down though.

Thanks! the only way I can get there is to click on my avatar and thats fine  but they should fixe the arrow or get rid of it.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 106 of 297

TerriB wrote:

UHFandHD wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Thanks! the only way I can get there is to click on my avatar and thats fine  but they should fixe the arrow or get rid of it.

Both V arrow and avatar respond for me.  

UHF- what is "Share" drop down?

Using Chrome browser.   IE doesn't function properly for me.  Smiley Sad 

ciao, b j

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 107 of 297

bj....I use Firefox and the cursor does not react/ change over the down arrow. No biggie as long as I know I click on my avatar. I get so weary of 'programs' that work differently on different browsers (or not at all). Happens all the time

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 108 of 297

In message # 99 above, Queen-Evie said:

"One very important thing is also missing from this so-called "improved" version of the forum: Auto save.

I started a post to reply to edron and accidentally closed the page.

Used to be when that happened I could try again and could load saved content."

I agree, the AUTO SAVE, was one of the most important functions of the reply window for me and "saved" my rear more times than I can remember. 

Is the exclusion a BUG?, or is it by design?

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 109 of 297

BlueJay wrote:

TerriB wrote:

UHFandHD wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Both V arrow and avatar respond for me.  

UHF- what is "Share" drop down?

Using Chrome browser.   IE doesn't function properly for me.  Smiley Sad 

ciao, b j

Left hand side Share next to Options.         One other "Bug" when i post picture/screenshot it shows up twice when viewing post.

Screen shot 2016-03-07 at 11.11.07 AM.png
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 110 of 297

BlueJay wrote:

"One very important thing is also missing from this so-called "improved" version of the forum: Auto save.

I agree, the AUTO SAVE, was one of the most important functions of the reply window for me and "saved" my rear more times than I can remember. 

ciao, bj

I lost so many 'well thought out' posts due to auto save not working that I started composing all my longer posts either in email or WORD and pasting on these forums.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 111 of 297

Thanks for the reply UHF, this is what I see in Chrome browser:

And for the heck of it, I did check my  IE browser, this is what I see:

And just an additional note..  the Share v is unresponsive.  All that is reflected when mouse over is an underscore line. Options does reflect the finger/hand.

So my question, WHAT IS SHARE?   Are we into Facebook now??  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 112 of 297

I suppose Comcast wants posts to go Viral.  This screen shot was taken with Chrome browser.

Screen shot 2016-03-07 at 12.08.35 PM.png

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 113 of 297

TerriB wrote:

BlueJay wrote:

ciao, bj

I lost so many 'well thought out' posts due to auto save not working that I started composing all my longer posts either in email or WORD and pasting on these forums.

This is my 2nd attempt at creating and posting this reply.  So here goes, trying to REMEMBER what I  wrote.  

I don't know if it's a glitch, or because of the CLOSENESS  of the cancel and post buttons, I inadvertently hit the cancel..     If that's the case, could there be more of a separation between buttons?  

Back to my original words to Terri..  or a reasonable facsimile thereof..  Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Bummer..  Smiley Sad  --   I don't use WORD.  How would you go about transferring/pasting a reply that incorporated images?  It just seems like a big hassle, and sometimes just not worth the time and effort.  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 114 of 297

Something you may find useful untill Comcast fixes bug or adjusts buttons.  https://www.raymond.cc/blog/saving-what-you-typed-in-firefox-or-wordpress-locally-to-your-compouter/

Just Googled to see if a program existed. Have not used them yet.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 115 of 297

UHFandHD wrote:

I suppose Comcast wants posts to go Viral.  This screen shot was taken with Chrome browser.

Screen shot 2016-03-07 at 12.08.35 PM.png

Thanks UHF, interesting... I'm using chrome, and do not see that..  Chrome is up to date.  I do have gmail & Facebook.  Checked it a while back..  Nothing interesting, just one great big COMMERCIAL..  Smiley Sad   Guess that's one NEW & INNOVATIVE function, I can count my blessings for not being able to see or access..  Smiley Wink  

p.s.  If I want to share anything, I find the copy/paste method quite adequate.  Smiley Happy 

ciao,, bj

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 116 of 297

BlueJay wrote:

TerriB wrote:

BlueJay wrote:

ciao, bj

This is my 2nd attempt at creating and posting this reply.  So here goes, trying to REMEMBER what I  wrote.  

I don't know if it's a glitch, or because of the CLOSENESS  of the cancel and post buttons, I inadvertently hit the cancel..     If that's the case, could there be more of a separation between buttons?  

Back to my original words to Terri..  or a reasonable facsimile thereof..  Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Bummer..  Smiley Sad  --   I don't use WORD.  How would you go about transferring/pasting a reply that incorporated images?  It just seems like a big hassle, and sometimes just not worth the time and effort.  

ciao, bj

--

bj, there is a great windows tool called the snipping tool and I believe you can snip/copy/paste the image and the message. Many don't know about the snipping tool..it has saved me tons of ajuta.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 117 of 297

Terri, I know agita { ; } well--  hits me square in the face every time I maneuver through these forums.  

And yes I'm quite familiar with the snipping tool. I use it more often than the Print Screen/Paint function, even tho it lacks some bells & whistles.  Smiley Wink  I'll give it a test forum run through for fun..  Smiley Happy    

Is there any particular email program you use?  I've got Windows Live Mail, Comcast, Yahoo & gmail.

ciao, bj

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 118 of 297

BlueJay wrote:

Terri, I know agita { ; } well--  hits me square in the face every time I maneuver through these forums.  

And yes I'm quite familiar with the snipping tool. I use it more often than the Print Screen/Paint function, even tho it lacks some bells & whistles.  Smiley Wink  I'll give it a test forum run through for fun..  Smiley Happy    

Is there any particular email program you use?  I've got Windows Live Mail, Comcast, Yahoo & gmail.

ciao, bj

bj, I use Comcast email for my everyday  'regular' email  and use Outlook to download it  and sometimes use Comcast webmail if I am on a non home pc

.   I use Yahoo for some things like other forums and to catch spam.  I also use G mail on my tablet and phone sometimes  and have devices set up so that my Comcast mail  downloads there too but it still downloads to Outlook. We sure use a lot of 'stuff' for mail don't we? Goodness knows we don't want to miss anything...lol.

LOVE that snipping tool. Let me know if you can do the image thing with it for this forum.

I am not all that  fond of capture/print screen unless I need to capture a big screen for diagnostics since snipping tool doesn't capture large pieces unless I stitch them together.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 119 of 297

Queen-Evie, My problems have included NOT having any of the graphics, choices, tools, etc. which you are suggesting.  I can no longer, even click on my name--since that is one of the key elements/objects that I no longer had.

I posted AFTER this that I MAY have solved quite a number of problems by taking Xfinity.com OUT of IE "compatibility view."

I, then, posted this suggestion for all other Forum Participants (since Comcast Tech Support--has OFTEN suggested "compatibility mode" during "re-designs.  This time, "compatibility mode makes things much worse--unusable, actually.  THIS re-design at THIS time--do NOT USE "COMPATIBILITY MODE."  !!!!!!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 120 of 297

Down Arrow next to Avatar does NOT WORK for me either.  I get results clicking on my Avatar, however, these are not useful results and they are also not results that I had BEFORE the re-design.

Blue Jay,  I just got IE to work a lot more for me, for the first time in a week, yesterday (03/07/16).  Here is what I changed that had been previously recommended by Comcast/Xfinity tech support.  The all told me to use "compatibility mode" in IE with anything/everything pertaining to Comcast and/or Xfinity websites.They were ALL wrong.  If you have IE in "compatibility mode" for Comcast and/or Xfinity websites, take them OUT of  "Compatibility Mode."

That will NOT make the down arrow and/or other bugs works, though.

I have also found a new bug, when I click on "Post" I get a message "page not found"--however, (whew), at least , last post ended up actually being posted.  I do not know what will happen with THIS "post" (a Reply, again).

This Forum re-design is a bug-riddled NIGHTMARE, in my opinion--(as is the Customer Home page 2016 "re-design).

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 121 of 297

No, Queen-Evie, I was missing countless things.  I am not a beginning Forum User/Participant.  I know how the re-designed Forum should be working.  This is RIFE with bugs!!!

Posted by
Admin1

Message 122 of 297

Hey Everyone,

I have been working with JK to get all your concerns addressed. I should be making a post with the latest updates within 24 hours. In the mean time please continue to provide us your feedback and I will address those concerns as well. Thanks again for your help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 123 of 297

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take this time to address some of the concerns that you guys had mentioned in recent posts. As always we appreciate and continue to welcome your feedback.

edron wrote:
when it comes to hitting the "Post" button--some of the time the Post fail

I believe the reason that this is happening to you Edron is that the post is "timing out" before you get an opportunity to make your post. This typically happens at about the 30 minute mark of making a post. I you experience this issue you can go back to the post by clicking the back arrow on your browser and then hit the "Post" button.

Queen-Evie wrote:

If I wanted to go to my reply for whatever reason, I clicked the topic link and what opens is the FIRST post in the topic.

In order to get to my reply I have to click the page numbers for that topic, scroll down, see if it is on that page and if not go to the next page and repeat the process until I find what I am looking for.

There is NO separate entry for ONLY my post, which is how it used to be.

I know this can be frustrating, however this is a design element within the forum to take you to the most recent post instead of showing only your posts, like it did previously. This allow the Responsive Design to function best across all devices. Again, you can get directly to your most recent post for a topic by following the directions I outlined on this thread in message #86.

Queen-Evie wrote:

Suppose I recall that BlueJay posted something I want to refer to. I go to her profile and click View Posts.

IF the post is one of the last 5 she made, I can click on the link to the post and go directly to that post, which is the ONLY way to go directly to a post by ANYONE.

If it is NOT one of the last 5, click View All to see all of her posts.

If I am lucky and know what topic the post was in, all I can do is click the topic title of where she replied.  If she has only one post in a topic, easy to find. If more than one in a topic I have to scroll through the entire topic to find the post I need.

Again, it is a time-waster to have to scroll through every post on every page to find the one I want.

If you use the search function on the top of all forum pages you can search by a particular user and you will get all their posts. But, again, unfortunately it will pull up the entire thread and show all posts in that thread not just the one users.

Queen-Evie wrote:

Edit to add: A VISIBLE LINK TO THE FORUM RULES SHOULD BE ON EVERY FORUM PAGE. It used to be very prominent on ALL forum pages.

Now the only link to the rules is seen WHEN NOT SIGNED IN.

This is actually getting built as we speak. This will be addressed in the next update coming by the end of March. You will be able to see it just below the search bar and when clicking the "V" arrow next to your avatar in the "Help" menu. All new users will see it prominently displayed in a new "Announcement" section we will be unveiling with the new update.

Queen-Evie wrote:

One very important thing is also missing from this so-called "improved" version of the forum: Auto save.

Due to a Lithium "bug" we had to set the Auto Save feature out to the 6 minute mark. We are actively working with Lithium to get this issue resolved and will be shortening this time as soon as it is fixed.

Queen-Evie wrote:

When I view my uploaded images 80% are so distorted  I have no clue what they are. I have to click the individual image to open in a new page in order to see what it is.

In addition, if I want to add an uploaded image to a post,

I click Photo, choose Saved Photos, and scroll through my photos to find it.

I find one which I hope is the right one. The only way to know is to actually insert it into the post. If it is not, delete the image from the post and start over.

At this time the program is minimizing part of the image instead of the entire image. This issue again is getting fixed as we speak and should be resolved in the latest update at the end of the month. This update should help to resolve both of these issues by providing a better/more accurate condensed view of the picture before posting.

TerriB wrote:

This bug actually got address and should be resolved as of 03/08/16. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know and we will get this resolved.

BlueJay wrote:

Again, this will be addressed and fixed on our next update at the end of March. We will be able to place a bigger space between the "Cancel" and "Post" buttons so that you don't continue to experience this issue.

CCCarole wrote:

And finally, WHY in the world is the valuble information, such as QUICK LINKS appear at the very bottom of the homepage,along with Help & Support?  instead at the top, which would give the customers a much easier time in locating what they need?  And- WHY is the font such a light color? Light grey???  It does not stand out, is difficult to read, and a pain for me, even with my glasses on. 

As far as making the Quick Links more visible along with Help & Support, we are working to get this reconfigured. In our update at the end of March you should be seeing this in a more visible area. If we cannot, for whatever reason, get this fixed in the next update we will be working to get this updated as soon as possible. As for the font color for "Quick Links" you should notice that as of now it is appearing black instead of light grey.

Again, we appreciate the ongoing feedback that all of you have been providing us. Without your assistance we would not be able to address these concerns as quickly. We want you to continue to submit your feedback about the new Responsive Forum Design and we will be happy to address your concerns as soon as possible. Thanks again for all your help.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 124 of 297

ComcastJessie wrote:
Queen-Evie wrote:

If I wanted to go to my reply for whatever reason, I clicked the topic link and what opens is the FIRST post in the topic.

In order to get to my reply I have to click the page numbers for that topic, scroll down, see if it is on that page and if not go to the next page and repeat the process until I find what I am looking for.

I know this can be frustrating, however this is a design element within the forum to take you to the most recent post instead of showing only your posts, like it did previously. This allow the Responsive Design to function best across all devices. Again, you can get directly to your most recent post for a topic by following the directions I outlined on this thread in message #86.

Jessie, I will say this again as I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was NOT talking about going to the most recent post in topc. I was talking about FINDING ONLY MY POSTS or ONLY POSTS BY SOMEONE ELSE.

In your reply #86 you did outline how to get to "your most recent post".

My reply to that was and still is THAT ONLY WORKS IF THE POST BY ME IS ONE OF THE LAST 5 I HAVE MADE. If it is NOT one of the last 5, I have to click VIEW ALL, then scroll through the list until I find the topic I posted in. If the topic is only one page I have to click the TOPIC TITLE and what I see is the FIRST post in the topic.

If it has multiple pages, I still have to click on the TOPIC title which again opens to the FIRST post in the topic. WHY should anyone have to scroll through multiple pages to find one of his/her posts?

Comcast has made it difficult instead of easier.

As for topics opening on the LAST post in a topic, yes that is true when one is going through the boards and sees a topic to read. Click the topic, go to the last post in it.  And that is also flawed. When I hover over a topic link in one of the boards, down at the bottom of my screen it does say jump-to/first-unread-message

That would be dandy IF I have read the topic previously. However, if  HAVE NOT read it, the topic opens to the LAST post in the  topic. I have to scroll UP to read the FIRST post in the topic and any replies made between the first one and the last one.

ComcastJessie wrote:

If you use the search function on the top of all forum pages you can search by a particular user and you will get all their posts. But, again, unfortunately it will pull up the entire thread and show all posts in that thread not just the one users.

As for using the Lithium search function, it is the worst forum search function in the universe and has been for many years.

Since searching by a particular user does NOT find all their posts and lists them individually, the reality is that search method is useless because it only gives the topic someone else posted in and we have to jump through the scrolling hoops to find what we want and if lucky will actually find it.  Actually, even before the redesign the search by user function was flawed because it to would list topics someone had posted in. Sometimes it would list topics the user did NOT post in.

At least it does have a feature now that it did not previously but it does not make it any easier to find posts by someone. (or my own)

Using BlueJay as an example once more I can search for her by going to Search/Users.

I see the list of topics she has replied in, and under the brief bit of the post by the topic starter is Show results in replies followed by a number.

One would assume that the number indicates how many replies BlueJay has in that topic. Unfortunately, that assumption is wrong.

Whatever is listed under Show results in replies are posts made by others who either quoted a post by  BlueJay OR mentioned her name in a post.

For this topic, when see Show results in replies (5) and one would think those five posts would be ones BlueJay made. (btw, I think she has more than 5 posts in this topic so that would be inaccurate if it was for only here posts).

bluejay posts.PNG

On the upside, we now know how many times the name BlueJay has been used by others in this topic and once I post this that number should change to 6.

I did notice Auto Save pop up yesterday when I was composing a post. It popped up about 2 seconds before i hit the POST button.

Lithium bug, just one of many over the years. Comcast needs to ditch Lithium and find a better forum host and there ARE better ones out there.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 125 of 297

ComcastJessie wrote:

Queen-Evie wrote:

Edit to add: A VISIBLE LINK TO THE FORUM RULES SHOULD BE ON EVERY FORUM PAGE. It used to be very prominent on ALL forum pages.

This is actually getting built as we speak. This will be addressed in the next update coming by the end of March. You will be able to see it just below the search bar and when clicking the "V" arrow next to your avatar in the "Help" menu. All new users will see it prominently displayed in a new "Announcement" section we will be unveiling with the new update.

Note that I said a VISIBLE LINK to the forum rules.

Having it buried under HELP when clicking the V arrow is not VISIBLE.

Will it be VISIBLE as a link to the rules when the new Announcement section is added or will one have to click on something else in order to get to the rules? 

Visible means something like this (Comcast can decide what to call it)

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 126 of 297

Please put GO TO back. That gave a list of all boards. It was on every forum page. Click Go To, choose a board and go to it.

Now to get to a different board you have to go back to the main page, click a category arrow, then click the board name.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 127 of 297

ComcastJessie wrote:

TerriB wrote:

This bug actually got address and should be resolved as of 03/08/16. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know and we will get this resolved.

The only thing I have seen on the drop down arrow is this ɪ

Once I see that I left click and the menu opens.

IF it was resolved on March 8, it did not resolve for me because I have been seeing the ɪ long before 3/08.

Why can we not simply click on the arrow and have the drop down menu magically appear before our eyes without having to see something that looks like the capital letter ɪ?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 128 of 297

Queen-Evie wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

TerriB wrote:

IF it was resolved on March 8, it did not resolve for me because I have been seeing the ɪ long before 3/08.

Why can we not simply click on the arrow and have the drop down menu magically appear before our eyes without having to see something that looks like the capital letter ɪ?

QE, I'm using chrome and don't see this..  I can click on that down arrow and the drop down menu appears. {same as clicking on the avatar}     

I did check out IE, and experienced what you see.  I forget what browser you're using.    

And why can we not simply click on the LAST POST and get to the LAST POST of any thread?   

I had previously read this post, but had to go off to start dinner, {I do have somewhat of a life here outside the forums} Smiley Wink  getting back here, I had to click the LAST PAGE NUMBER, then scroll down to this post..  

If I was using my tablet, I really would not have the desire to respond or participate in these forums.  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad   The tediousness of working through these pages is quite frustrating.   Smiley Sad  

EDIT--   Oh for crying out loud!!!   Trying to check spelling, maneuvering this new vertical slider window thingy, danged thing posted..!!!     The only Responsive about this Forum Design is my aggravation in dealing with this and my inability to vent in a nanny filtered environment.  !!  Smiley Sad  

ciao,bj  p.s. at least the spell check works  Smiley Wink

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 129 of 297

Queen-Evie wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

TerriB wrote:

===============

Its March 14th and still cannot access using down arrow.

For the person who asked about why they have to see what looks like a capital 'I'....that is a computer cursor function telliing us that there is nothing to click on or drop down on. Has nothing to do with the forum functions.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 130 of 297

Queen-Evie wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:
Queen-Evie wrote:

Jessie, I will say this again as I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was NOT talking about going to the most recent post in topc. I was talking about FINDING ONLY MY POSTS or ONLY POSTS BY SOMEONE ELSE.

In your reply #86 you did outline how to get to "your most recent post".

My reply to that was and still is THAT ONLY WORKS IF THE POST BY ME IS ONE OF THE LAST 5 I HAVE MADE. If it is NOT one of the last 5, I have to click VIEW ALL, then scroll through the list until I find the topic I posted in. If the topic is only one page I have to click the TOPIC TITLE and what I see is the FIRST post in the topic.

Again, as of right now what you are requesting does not exist on the new Responsive Design for the forum. Like I stated before, I apologize as I do know how frustrating this can be. We are looking into what we can do to make maneuvering to ONLY your posts or the posts of another user within a thread easier. As mentioned before, this was done as a design element to make the new forum better functioning across all devices.

Queen-Evie wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

Queen-Evie wrote:

Note that I said a VISIBLE LINK to the forum rules.

Having it buried under HELP when clicking the V arrow is not VISIBLE.

Will it be VISIBLE as a link to the rules when the new Announcement section is added or will one have to click on something else in order to get to the rules? 

It will be in the "Announcement" section and be very visible for all users to see across the forum.

cali_cat wrote:

Please put GO TO back. That gave a list of all boards. It was on every forum page. Click Go To, choose a board and go to it.

Now to get to a different board you have to go back to the main page, click a category arrow, then click the board name.

We removed the "Go To" menu as it was creating design issues when using a mobile device. You will notice that we have a similar set up, just located somewhere else. If you scroll to the top of any page you will see a "pancake" menu next to "Browse"

pancakes1.PNG

Once clicked on the "stack of pancakes" you will see the following:

pancakes.PNG

This should get you to where ever in the forum you want to go. It is essentially the new "Go-To" menu.

Queen-Evie wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

TerriB wrote:

I have the same I when I hover over the V next to my avatar, however I am still able to click and get the following drop down menu: 

Capture1.PNG 

If you are still unable to get the drop down, please let us know and we can get this resolved for you.

I hope this addresses all of your concerns. Again if you see anything else that you would like to provide feedback on for the new Responsive Design then please let us know. Thanks again for all your time and feedback, we appreciate all your help.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 131 of 297

BJ, IE 11.

Jessie, I can click and get the menu. My point is why does it show that symbol?

You said:

"We are looking into what we can do to make maneuvering to ONLY your posts or the posts of another user within a thread easier. As mentioned before, this was done as a design element to make the new forum better functioning across all devices."

Design element is a poor excuse for that. It doesn't matter what device one uses: I should be able to see ONLY my posts on ANY DEVICE, the way I was able to see them previously on different devices.  The way is now does nothing to make it "better functioning".

All it does is make it almost impossible to find what I am looking for.

The "responsive design" is mis-named because it is not responsive.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 132 of 297

Coding problem. I bar,    Found this discussion on different site.    https://ellislab.com/forums/archive/viewthread/85018/

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 133 of 297

When viewing Title pages in different catagory's is there a way to get rid of posts that are marked as MOVED? It's difficult to see the new posts with 0 responses.

Example:

Screen shot 2016-03-14 at 12.31.13 PM.png
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 134 of 297

ComcastJessie wrote:

We removed the "Go To" menu as it was creating design issues when using a mobile device. You will notice that we have a similar set up, just located somewhere else. If you scroll to the top of any page you will see a "pancake" menu next to "Browse"

pancakes1.PNG

pancakes.PNG

This should get you to where ever in the forum you want to go. It is essentially the new "Go-To" menu.

I happen to have on my computer a snip of Go To, which I did during a previous forum incarnation.

chf go to.PNG

Two clicks was all it took.

1) Click what you call the "pancake" next to browse.

2) Click the forum category.

3) Click a board.

4) If staying in that category, either go back to the menu, click the category (again), click a different board. OR simply click the category name that is on the top of the page to the right of Comcast Help and Support forums.

5) After going through one category, click the pancake, click a different category, click name of board.

To much back and forth to get to where you want to go.

Go To Menu, much easier and for me more efficient.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 135 of 297
Said it much earlier in the thread (and was chastised for it), navigation of this new software has been downgraded to the point it's all but unusable. So far, nothing has been done to correct the faults; I suspect from the responses that it won't be. It's like the old programming joke: things that are broken are billed as features..
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 136 of 297

When a user is blocked from sending private message, is there popup saying so? Or will the message just not appear in messages sent?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 137 of 297
Sounds like a new feature. I also get no notice, nor does the message appear in the sent folder.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 138 of 297

I sent 5 messages to a Comcast employee, Using all the different combinations i could think of. Then the light went off! BLOCKED! 

I have reciprocated in kind.

Thanks for confirming Welcome_to_Post.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 139 of 297

I began to wonder when I tried to respond to your message.  Nothing happened.  Hopefully it's just broken. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 140 of 297

UHFandHD wrote:

When a user is blocked from sending private message, is there popup saying so? Or will the message just not appear in messages sent?

There is no notification that you have been blocked.

If you send a pm to someone who has blocked you, it should appear in your Sent list..

As a test, I blocked the forum account for one of the secondary Comcast account holders.

I then signed in to the forum as the secondary account, sent a pm to QE.

1) As expected I did not get the pm.

2) It does show up in the secondary account Sent list.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 141 of 297

Queen-Evie wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

pancakes1.PNG

pancakes.PNG

I happen to have on my computer a snip of Go To, which I did during a previous forum incarnation.

chf go to.PNG

Two clicks was all it took.

1) Click what you call the "pancake" next to browse.

2) Click the forum category.

3) Click a board.

4) If staying in that category, either go back to the menu, click the category (again), click a different board. OR simply click the category name that is on the top of the page to the right of Comcast Help and Support forums.

5) After going through one category, click the pancake, click a different category, click name of board.

To much back and forth to get to where you want to go.

Go To Menu, much easier and for me more efficient.

Hmm...Going back to the landing page and then to the category and sub category I want only takes three clicks.  More efficient than the 'new and improved" "pancake" navigation "aid", but still less so than the old "go to" menu that went directly there..

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 142 of 297
Previously posted: Re: 2016 Responsive Forum Design:

"I began to wonder when I tried to respond to your message. Nothing happened. Hopefully it's just broken. ". Quote button not working today.

Definately something going on with PM. I was chatting with Queen Evie last night, catching up with each other. Tried to respond to one of her messages this morning and again late morning, and nothing will go through. Send button unresponsive, nothing in the sent folder.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 143 of 297

Welcome_to_Post wrote:
Previously posted: Re: 2016 Responsive Forum Design:

Definately something going on with PM. I was chatting with Queen Evie last night, catching up with each other. Tried to respond to one of her messages this morning and again late morning, and nothing will go through. Send button unresponsive, nothing in the sent folder.

I have NOT blocked you. I looked to make sure I did not accidentally block you.  The last one I got from you was last night at 7:29, which I replied to at 10:18pm.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 144 of 297
No, never thought so. I think there's something wrong with it, most likely on my end. It didn't work yesterday afternoon, did last night while we were messaging, then this morning it wasn't again. The send button just isn't responding. (I'll probably get home And it'll be working again. Those intermittent problems are the worst thing to track down!)
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 145 of 297

edit--  message deleted ---  system snafu..  

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 146 of 297

BUG ???

Page indication for topic listings??  The indication is at the bottom of the pages but not on the first..  And in the example shown, it is only on the top and not showing on successive pages...

In legnthy threads, the page number is shown both top and bottom of the replies.

ciao, bj

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 147 of 297

Noticed that the 'Options' near the top of each page now say 'options' followed by the dropdown text.

ComcastOptions3.jpg

ComcastOptions.jpg

ComcastOptions2.jpg

Posted by
Admin1

Message 148 of 297

Thank you for the feedback Andy. We are actually working to make some updates and all of this should be resolved by first thing tomorrow (04/06/16) morning. Thanks again for letting us know.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 149 of 297

ComcastJessie wrote:

Thank you for the feedback Andy. We are actually working to make some updates and all of this should be resolved by first thing tomorrow (04/06/16) morning. Thanks again for letting us know.

Care to share details??

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 150 of 297

As the subject line indicates, the Test Forum is missing.  

It was there yesterday.  

Not only is it gone, but so are all related posts.

Any clues???

ciao, bj