Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity home page...Hate it

Regular Visitor

xfinity home page...Hate it

Hate the x-finity home page....Its all videos....you can't get a quick glimpse of the news or anything that is not a video.  I need a quick read not all these useless video clips and advertising.  STOP THIS INSANITY!!!  HALF THE TIME THE VIDEOS DON'T EVEN PLAY OR WORK.

Service Expert

Re: xfinity home page...Hate it

@beamer41 wrote:

Hate the x-finity home page....Its all videos....you can't get a quick glimpse of the news or anything that is not a video.  I need a quick read not all these useless video clips and advertising.  STOP THIS INSANITY!!!  HALF THE TIME THE VIDEOS DON'T EVEN PLAY OR WORK.

No one requires you to use the Xfinity home page; use whatever homepage you want.  Myself? I use Google news [news.google.com].

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

That's not the point....I pay alot of money for xfinity and I always preferred it to other home pages.  It used to be a good balance of video and written news on that page...now I have to go to "Read News' and then I "read one story" and when done and I close that story it goes back to the All Video home screen.....I don't think it is a good move on your part driving people away from xfinity....

Service Expert

@beamer41 wrote:

That's not the point....I pay alot of money for xfinity and I always preferred it to other home pages.  It used to be a good balance of video and written news on that page...now I have to go to "Read News' and then I "read one story" and when done and I close that story it goes back to the All Video home screen.....I don't think it is a good move on your part driving people away from xfinity....

I had nothing to do with it; I'm just a customer. 

The point is, however, that Comcast is keeping up with the times, and younger folks want to see the videos, not read articles.  I have yet to come across a website that has a balance of video and articles.  There may be one out there, but I haven't found it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation