Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

reset messages not requested

ANSWERED
New Poster

reset messages not requested

During the week, I have had 3 different reset numbers sent to my cell phone./  Thi has happened on a few scattered occaions in the past, but never at this rate.  Mught this be a hacker or perhaps someone who doesn't know what their xfinity account password is and they simply keep asking?

Accepted Solution

Re: reset messages not requested

Are you trying to reset your password? Every code has a life of 15 minutes, i wouldn't suggest to click it multiple times we just need a little bit of patience Smiley Happy. If you feel your account is compromised please do contact the Customer Security Assurance team and they will help you with your UID issue.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Are you trying to reset your password? Every code has a life of 15 minutes, i wouldn't suggest to click it multiple times we just need a little bit of patience Smiley Happy. If you feel your account is compromised please do contact the Customer Security Assurance team and they will help you with your UID issue.

New Poster

No - that's the whole point.  I was not trying to log in.  It appears that someone else was, though.

New Poster

I don't understand why this was the best solution, since it assumed I was doing something I was not.  It did not asnwer the question.

Official Employee

Hello mjohnson416, this was marked as the solution since you stated that you didn't change anything and you were referred to CSA. Considering this issue could have been related to a security issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation