Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

deceased parent's service cancelled but account still active?

New Poster

deceased parent's service cancelled but account still active?

Hi

I cancelled my mom's service back in July of 2017. I thought this also closed her account but apparently it did not. My mom passed away in September.  As her POA (and now her estate executor)I managed her accounts and paid her bills online. When I set up her account, I added my personal cellphone as the account security verification cellphone#, along with my personal gmail address, as she didn't have a cellphone. 

Apparently her account is till "active" though. I did not even know this until I went to update my own Comcast account sercurity settings and after trying to add my cellphone, I was prompted with "that number is associated with another account". I just checked and I can still log into her account even though there's no service. How do I close out this account?

Service Expert

Re: deceased parent's service cancelled but account still active?

jmorris9876 wrote:

Hi

I cancelled my mom's service back in July of 2017. I thought this also closed her account but apparently it did not. My mom passed away in September.  As her POA (and now her estate executor)I managed her accounts and paid her bills online. When I set up her account, I added my personal cellphone as the account security verification cellphone#, along with my personal gmail address, as she didn't have a cellphone. 

Apparently her account is till "active" though. I did not even know this until I went to update my own Comcast account sercurity settings and after trying to add my cellphone, I was prompted with "that number is associated with another account". I just checked and I can still log into her account even though there's no service. How do I close out this account?

Were you her POA?

You will need to take her death certificate down to a Comcast store and show it to them so they can close the account.  If payments have been made since her passing, her estate should be reimbursed for them.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: deceased parent's service cancelled but account still active?

There are no store near me. Is there ab estate department I can contact?
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation