Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Weird email from Comcast with subject line "Confirming your XFINITY password details"

New Poster

Weird email from Comcast with subject line "Confirming your XFINITY password details"

I got an email from Xfinity, which appears to be genuine and not a phishing email, and it says, 'Your new password recovery options are all set. You successfully updated the password recovery options for [my username].' However, I have not updated those options. Should i be concerned that someone was trying to hack into my account by updating my password recovery options or might this email just be mistakenly sent from Comcast? Just wondering if anyone else has received one who *didn't* update their recovery options recently. Tech support wasn't able to answer these questions when I chatted with them. Thanks

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Weird email from Comcast with subject line "Confirming your XFINITY password details"

I received this email as well.  I did not chat with tech as I expected that they would be unable to provide an answer from their script.

Problem Solver

Re: Weird email from Comcast with subject line "Confirming your XFINITY password details"

You might try checking out the following site at Constant Guard Alerts--   :https://constantguard.xfinity.com/help/alerts

It's one of those sites here that are kinda difficult to find Smiley Wink  unless you know it's there.   And even then, it's elusive.

Hope this helps, ciao, bj

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation