Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Unable to Add Personal Email Address to Account

New Poster

Unable to Add Personal Email Address to Account

I'm encountering a glitch on the new My Xfinity Account Settings website.  Currently my personal (Gmail) email address is not visable in my account and I can only see my Comcast email account listed in my account settings.  When I log-in, I recieve notifications to add a personal email address to my account for recovery, however, when I attempt to add my Gmail email address I recieve a poorly written error message which says "Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account."

Prior to the website upgrade, both my Comcast and Gmail addresses appeared in my account but now only the Comcast account is visable and I can't add the Gmail account back in because it says already exists, but that's not the case which is why I'm trying add it!

Can you please fix this issue?

Thank you!

New Poster

Re: Unable to Add Personal Email Address to Account

Having the exact same problem.  

New Poster

Re: Unable to Add Personal Email Address to Account

I am also having the same annoying problem. I suddenly have been required to enter a "backup email address" after YEARS of using my Gmail account (you couldn't pay me to use the comcast email account for anything). So, I was forced today to use a rarely-used email account I created for junk email and sites that force me to use an email address... told, like the others, that my gmail account is already associated, even though it isn't listed anywhere. Oddly enough, an email was sent to my nowhere-to-be-found gmail address, letting me know I'd updated my email address. Awesome. I hesitate to start posting to the forums. . . if the customer service experience here is similar to what I experienced the last time I had to contact a rep, the final result will be that none of my email addresses will be associated, and my bill will dramatically increase because of a new "email rental" fee I've never seen before. 

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation