Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

The "Shop/Upgrade" and "Manage Plan" doesn't work

New Poster

The "Shop/Upgrade" and "Manage Plan" doesn't work

Does the "Shop/Upgrade" and "Manage Plan" functionality on the xfinity website work for anybody?

For what I read here, it's been an issue since 2016.

I get the error message "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order.

Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help".

Of course, if I wanted to be on a 2-hour long call with a sales agent, I wouldn't be trying to manage my plan online.

Admin1

Re: The "Shop/Upgrade" and "Manage Plan" doesn't work

Hi fcp105 -- I can help you manager your plan. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll also need to know what you were trying to order.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I re-read what I posted, and I don't see an indication anywhere that I'm looking for one-on-one support. 

I don't want to talk, email, or chat with anybody.  I want to know why the "Manage Plan" fuctionality doesn't work.

Is that broken by default?  Is it a flag posted on customers' accounts?

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hi fcp105 -- I can help you manager your plan. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll also need to know what you were trying to order.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.

Admin1

fcp105 -- That is an issue we've run into periodically with some accounts where the function doesn't work as intended. This why we offer assistance. If you do not want one-on-one assistance that is ok. We recommend trying other browsers to see if you have the same issue along with clearing your cache & cookies from your browsers. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Not sure about "periodically". It has been an issue for me since I opened my account and it seems that people have been posting about it since 2016.  Looks suspicioulsy to be by default to trigger a sales call.

I have tried Google Chrome, Safary, Edge, Firefox and the Safari on my phone.  None worked.

Admin1

fcp105 -- We're here to help if need. By the way, these forums are not sales channels. We're here to assist in any way we can. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

It didn't work for me for a long time, but it's working now, and has been for a few weeks. I periodically check it to see if there are any good deals in my area. 

New Poster

Do you know if it has anything to do with where we are on the contract?  Some kind of timeline?

Valued Contributor

Not in my case - I was out of contract when it first happened, then it continued after I renewed my 2 year with Gigabit. Lasted for about 3 months. 

New Poster

It does not work, and they know it.  I ended up calling.  I wanted to talk about how to lower my monthly bill; various options to do that....understanding that I would probably end up giving up something....and my ONLY option was to keep my bundle, get lower internet speed and save $20.00 a month.  That's it.  I asked about why I got that error message and had to call....was it a problem or is that intentional and she said no, it's not an error, it's intentional.  Then remove the "shop/upgrade ...manage plan" icons!

The answer is.... you HAVE to call. 

Time for an alternative I guess!

New Poster

I was told it is intentional, nothing is broken.  Tell's  you alot about that company I say......

New Poster

The representative I spoke with told me it is NOT an error.  It is intentional.  Glad she was honest but really????  What company doesn't let you look at options online? 

Admin1

Hi Lynn241 -- The information you're sharing is not correct. An agent would not have told you that this is intentional. If it were intentional then it would affect all customers and it does not. This is a known issue that we are working to resolved. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation