Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

The WIFi Era passed me by

Regular Contributor

The WIFi Era passed me by

I bexamw a Comcast customer at the end of the previous century, Before I signed up I had rne house wired for TV Phone and Internet on all floors. My computers are all wired to my router on the second floor. I do not need WIFI anywhere for anything but Comcast now seems to require it  and does not have any provision to deal with my situation (The result of a previous paoting) . So here I am unable to complete a required login form.Other companies I deal with either Have a text meddage option or an email option for their signin, why doen't Comcast?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: The WIFi Era passed me by

Does your modem have an Ethernet connection? 

Problem Solver

ancient46 wrote:

I bexamw a Comcast customer at the end of the previous century, Before I signed up I had rne house wired for TV Phone and Internet on all floors. My computers are all wired to my router on the second floor. I do not need WIFI anywhere for anything but Comcast now seems to require it  and does not have any provision to deal with my situation (The result of a previous paoting) . So here I am unable to complete a required login form.Other companies I deal with either Have a text meddage option or an email option for their signin, why doen't Comcast?

You do not need the Comcast WiFi cable-box. If you have Comcast Internet you would be connecting via Ethernet cable to your router/modem. Same as your computer.

Did you set up your connections for wired setup? Maybe you should explain your actual problem better. If your signals are weak your Ethernet wire may be too long. You might need a signal amplifier.

Regular Contributor

I do not have a problem with my Comcast installation. I have a problem with the redone website that wants me to set up my account for the revamped site. However there is no option in this setup for a person without a cell phone so it can never be completed. . I have lived 72 years without needing a phone with SMS (I don't even know what that is) and I do not really need one now.

Problem Solver

@ wrote:

I do not have a problem with my Comcast installation. I have a problem with the redone website that wants me to set up my account for the revamped site. However there is no option in this setup for a person without a cell phone so it can never be completed. . I have lived 72 years without needing a phone with SMS (I don't even know what that is) and I do not really need one now.

I don't use a smart phone either, but it does not keep me from using my tv and equipment correctly.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation