Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Signing into Xfinitywifi redirects to Wi-Fi on demand page

New Poster

Signing into Xfinitywifi redirects to Wi-Fi on demand page

I have recently purchased services through comcast, and while we wait for our equipment we planned on using xfinitywifi hotspots to hold our internet needs over until we could set up our own internet.

When I enter my username and password it redirects me to the Wi-Fi on Demand page. I am connected on my phone fine but any other device does not work. This is infuriating, as I pay money for these services to WORK. My wife's device will not connect, it always brings it to the Wi-Fi on Demand page. We just want to use the hotspot, we do not want to be charged again for trying to use it which is what the Wi-Fi on Demand page wants us to do.

I have services purchased through comcast, my username and password should connect me to xfinitywifi hotspots. What gives?
New Poster

Re: Signing into Xfinitywifi redirects to Wi-Fi on demand page

Update: Now I can no longer access xfinitywifi on my other devices. This is outrageous. Someone please help me out here

Official Employee

Hello Tpenson, did you recently move or make any account changes within the last few weeks? I ask because it sounds like our site is having a hard time reading your credentials due to them being on another account or due to new service changes. I can look into this for you on my end but I will need to verify your account information first. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hello Comcast employee, I am having this same issue right now as it will not let us use our own xfinitywifi hotspot, and only brings us to the on demand page. I would be happy if you could help me since my regular WiFi at home works fine but we recently switched routers (staying thru xfinity) yet we still get brought to on demand. Help?

Official Employee

Hi DorothyDelisa, I can check your provisioning on my end and make sure your equipment and services are in the system correctly. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, mac address, and account number. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  Every time I try to login, it redirects me to https://wifiondemand.xfinity.com

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation