Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

How do I change my account number, update my xfinity

Regular Visitor

How do I change my account number, update my xfinity

I recently moved to Colorado from Illinois, which necessitated me closing the IL account and getting a new CO account. Can I change my account number on my existing Xfinity.com site or do I need to set up a whole new Xfinity login for the new account? 

Official Employee

Re: How do I change my account number, update my xfinity

You’ll receive a new account number automatically whenever you set up service at your new address and your previous username/password should come with at the same time
Regular Visitor

I am in my new apartment. I have a new account and account number. When I log in to my xfinity with my previous user name and password it is my old account number and information, so no it is not automatic. What do I do? I have found calling customer service to be incredibly frustrating and involves excessive time on hold or awaiting call back. Is there some other way I can remedy my situation?

Official Employee

It’s only automatic, if it was set up as a transfer and not a brand new customer. I’ve escalated up to a colleague, who’ll ask for some personal info and be able to transfer credentials.
Regular Visitor

Can I expect to hear from that person today?

Official Employee

Hi rlkeller7, I can look into this for you to get started please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hi rlkeller7,  thank you for working with me through private message and glad I was able to help transferring your email to your current account.  Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you