New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

Ever since I monved, I've been trying to fix this problem on and off for 5 months now. Today I went online with Comcast chat support. While at first the support rep assured me he could fix the problem today, after 20 minutes he ended up giving me a phone number for Customer Security Assurance department at 1-888-565-4329. I didn't understand what Security Assurance had to do with my problem but I called. Stymied but no options even close to what I needed, I just pressed anything to do with email at all. The rep I spoke to there seemed to understand the problem and said he would fix it. After spending another 20 minutes on this call, it was disconnected. I was hoping that the rep would continue the fix but I've checked my account and the problem is not fixed.

Synopsis: I want to add my personal email address to my Comcast account and make it my preferred address. Somewhere in an alternate account name, or a previous account or something, it already exists? I need to get rid of that and add my preferred email to my current account and login. I really don't want to spend any more time on the phone about this. Is any official Comcast help out there? Please help!

Accepted Solution

Re: Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

A few days later, and now my account finally accepts my gmail address. Not sure who fixed this, but thanks!

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Re: Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

A few days later, and now my account finally accepts my gmail address. Not sure who fixed this, but thanks!