Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUM POSTS THAT ARE 1-7 YEARS OLD

Most Valued Poster

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUM POSTS THAT ARE 1-7 YEARS OLD

I had a hard time deciding what forum this belongs in . This issue came up a couple of years ago with no resolution but its back with a vengeance.  I tried to post this on an existing topic about same issue but it won't let me reply. 

On the evening of 2/26/18 and overnight it appears that notification for every forum post in my subscribed topics has appeared in my email inbox and I am talking about over one hundred messages....REALLY? Some are new but 99% of them are ancient from 2013 forward . Topics include DVR, surround sound, volume drop, photo app,  streaming app recording, on screen icons and so on and so forth.  What in the world happened?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUM POSTS THAT ARE 1-7 YEARS OLD

I'd guess it's an artifact of the post archive project:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Customer-Service-Board-Archival/m-p/3047467#M147373

I'd also guess if you unsubscribed to the threads, the emails might stop.  If you have to do that one thread at a time, that'd be a pain!

Most Valued Poster

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

I'd guess it's an artifact of the post archive project:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Customer-Service-Board-Archival/m-p/3047467#M147373

I'd also guess if you unsubscribed to the threads, the emails might stop.  If you have to do that one thread at a time, that'd be a pain!

Thank you so much BUT how in the world would/could I have seen that cleanup topic?   I don't want to remove my subscribed topics for obvious  reasons and like I said...how would I ever have known they were cleaning up?

Bronze Problem Solver

There's a similar post stickied in most, if not all, of the catagories by now, but there's nothing on the home page.  I agree, if you just look through the new posts (as I generally do), you'd never see it.

Most Valued Poster

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

There's a similar post stickied in most, if not all, of the catagories by now, but there's nothing on the home page.  I agree, if you just look through the new posts (as I generally do), you'd never see it.

I haven't even noticed a sticky but it should be at top of every single topic page and of course the home page most of all.  I admire that you look thru all new posts. I only look at posts for subjects I have had experience with and thats almost a full time job these days...lol. 

Edit...looked around a few topics and did see the cleanup post BUT its at the top of the topic and I never go back that far. I keep up with the new posts but would never think to go up dozens of pages to look for sticky.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation