Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Cannot add Personal Email

New Poster

Cannot add Personal Email

I ordered service to a new address this morning. I'm already annoyed to find out that I wasn't permitted to use my old account from Comcast service a few years ago, but am being forced to use some newly created account. Further proof of what a technically backward, customer-last organization Comcast is. Very irritated that Comcast has a monopoly on internet service in my new area, otherwise there's no way I would do business with this organization again--after some blissful Comcast-free years, I'm now quickly reminded how awful it is to deal with them.

That all aside, I am running into a whole host of stupid little technical issues with the new account, and the chat support has not been helpful in solving any of them. The one I'm running into immediately is that I'm not able to add a Personal Email--it just has the useless newly created Comcast email address listed. When I attempt to add, I get a poorly worded error: "Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account". Anyone have any idea how to correct this issue?

Tags (2)
New Poster

Re: Cannot add Personal Email

I'm having the identical problem. I tried chatting online with a rep, who passed me off to another rep, who promised they could remove my gmail address from the old account and add it to the new one. They said they had to call me to verify. I asked why they had to call if I was asking them to do it, and they said they would add a note on my account giving my permission. Of course, the next day, I get a call anyway from Comcast. I told them there should be a note on my account, they ignored me, but they said they would add my gmail address to the new account. Now it's listed as a "secondary email" on my old account and STILL doesn't work for my new one. 

I wish I could say I've ever once had an experience with Comcast that didn't require multiple follow-ups on my end, but that would not be the case. 

Forum Changes:
Forum Labels are HERE!... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation