Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot access my account through the "My Account" tab on the website.

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cannot access my account through the "My Account" tab on the website.

I've  been trying for several days now after multiple chats, and still have had no luck getting this resolved. I was given a ticket number after the first chat and had another chat after. I provided the ticket number but all the same questions were asked again. It is clear that I need advanced tech support.

Whenever I try to access my account I get an endless loop of "We are having some trouble connecting to My Account"
Try Again

I have an idea why this is happening but have not been in contact to a tech support person - My current account is linked to an old account that is not active. In the past, when I went to my account, it  defaulted to the inactive account and I got the same endless loop but had the option to change to my current account and was able to access all my account info. Now I cannot get to the My Account page to make the change. I'm wondering if when I click on the My Account tab it is noe defualting to the old account.

Hopefully someone can help with this issue.

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot access my account through the "My Account" tab on the website.

Hello dennpad, if you're experiencing looping when you try and sign in to your account it may be due to your credentials not being linked to the correct account on our end or you could be having an issue with the browser you're using. Have you tried using another browser to sign into your account with? Have you tried accessing the account by going through your "My Account" app? Can you sign into any other apps that we have such as "Xfinity Stream" or "Xfinity Connect"? 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello dennpad, if you're experiencing looping when you try and sign in to your account it may be due to your credentials not being linked to the correct account on our end or you could be having an issue with the browser you're using. Have you tried using another browser to sign into your account with? Have you tried accessing the account by going through your "My Account" app? Can you sign into any other apps that we have such as "Xfinity Stream" or "Xfinity Connect"? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your replyComcastAmir.This was resolved by phone with a tech. My credentials were not linked to the proper account after changes were made to the system.

Official Employee

dennpad wrote: Thanks for your replyComcastAmir.This was resolved by phone with a tech. My credentials were not linked to the proper account after changes were made to the system.

You're welcome, I am happy that we were able to get this issue corrected for you. Have a good day. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation