Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't manage my plan

New Poster

Can't manage my plan

When I try to manage my plan, I get a message that says "Hi, it looks like you're a Netflix customer.  Please call us and we can help".

What?  I've spoken to no less than 8 people about this and they just give up and say they can't figure it out.  They think I'm having trouble with Netflix, but I'M NOT.  Netflix works just fine.  My Netflix account was successfully linked to my Comcast account.  Comcast has taken over the billing of my Netflix account and Netflix works fine.  

Some of the agents seem to think it's my phone and tell me to uninstall and reinstall the My Account app, even though I tell them it happens on the computer using a browser too.  IT'S THE BACKEND.  It's not my computer and it's not my phone.

I recently changed my plan so I just want to look at it and make sure it's actually what I think I signed up for.  It's thoroughly irritating they won't own the problem and escalate it.  They just tell me I'm out of luck.  It's as if Comcast doesn't allow agents to take ownership of a problem and research it offline behind the scenes.  As if they are told they must close the call while they're on the phone with me.  Why won't anyone own this problem?

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 5.29.30 PM.png
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't manage my plan

I have the same issue and have gone through the same frustrating steps.  I really want to make sure my plan is what I have actually signed up for.  I have called and chatted and was told someone from the advanced team would be calling me back.  

My Netflix account has been transfered and works fine.  I just want to manage my account.

New Poster

After giving a scathing review of my last customer support call, a customer care person called and seemed very interested in the problem, seemed to understand the problem, and seemed to care about it getting resolved.  This agent told me the problem would be given to the "experts" and that someone would call me.  Guess what?  Another black hole.  No one called.

New Poster

SAME THING!!  Driving me nuts...all I want to do is order those new pod things...at 1st I thought they were trying to say that Netflix was going to offset the cost, because I was a Netflix customer.   That excitement lasted for about 10 minutes.

Frequent Visitor

Don't count on a resolution anytime soon.  I am still waiting.  I expect that when I can finally see my account that there will be some sort $50 fee associated with my new package and it will be too late to make changes.

Meanwhile, I have had a bunch of calls and surveys asking how my recent interaction with Xfinity was.  

Official Employee

Hi @ejt197. We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a known issue that affects certain customers. We are working to address this issue. I can offer you customer support with managing your account, and going over the service options, if you need. If you'd like, send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Same!! I'm so frustrated as I just accepted a promotion including Netflix and have not been able to manage anything due to this error. It's ridiculous! Why is it taking so long if they are aware of the situation?!?
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation