New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't manage my plan online

ANSWERED
New Poster

Can't manage my plan online

Why can't I manage my account online (as there is a link for it).  I'm only redirected to a contact us page and given a phone number???

Would like to explore options about lowering my bill (otherwise will cancel service altogether), and no, I don't want to online chat or call.  That completely defeats the purpose!!!  And don't want to hear, 'Oh, we know it's not working and we are trying to fix it' because your not!   It has always been set-up that way, and everyone sees the same message so it is not account specific either!  The whole manage my plan online is simply a not-so-clever rouse to get you on the line with a salesperson to annoy more money out of you!  The whole purpose of the link meaningless!  Comcast apparently dosen't hold their customers in very high esteem if they're always trying to pull some shady BS like this!

So I ask again, WHY CAN'T I MANAGE MY OWN ACCOUNT ONLINE??? (Specifically without having to deal with some shady rip-off, I mean customer service rep???

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't manage my plan online

mjkalz wrote:

It's not an error message! It never has been!

You're right, it isn't really an error message. However, it isn't anything nefarious either. Comcast is making some changes/upgrades to their system and they are working the kinks out before it goes live. Until they are satisfied with it, some of us will not be able to manage our accounts online. Until it gets resolved, you can ask an employee on these forums about deals that are available to you if you don't want to call. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi mjkalz, I can assist you with managing your own account online. Can you tell me if you get an error message while trying to cancel or downgrade your services? Have you tried to make changes to your account through our "My Account app"? If you are trying to cancel your account as a whole you can only do so by calling into 1-800-COMCAST or by returning your equipment to a local Comcast service center. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No, This answered absolutely nothing!!

It's simply a bait and switch! I am only trying to downgrade my plan, and the only way you allow that is by calling in! And this I'm sure is well known to you! If I wanted to add anything (ie pay more money) I'm certian that works just fine online! Try to cut back services (ie pay less money) and you make the process as difficult as possible! But that's why you have it set up that way, isn't it?

Shady buisness practices...

New Poster

I have the exact same issue. I DO NOT want to waste another moment of my life on the phone with someone trying to upsell me. Just want to see how much I'll save if I dump TV and phone from my out of contract plan. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 12.37.41 PM.png
Official Employee

Hello @mjkalz. We're sorry you feel that way. If you would like assistance with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Hi @FutureAdam. I can help you go over the price rates if you want to cancel cable and phone service. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert

mjkalz wrote:

You're right, it isn't really an error message. However, it isn't anything nefarious either. Comcast is making some changes/upgrades to their system and they are working the kinks out before it goes live. Until they are satisfied with it, some of us will not be able to manage our accounts online. Until it gets resolved, you can ask an employee on these forums about deals that are available to you if you don't want to call. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I am also having the same issue and would rather not call; I'd like to be able to see plan comparisons side by side.

Official Employee

Hello All / @opiate264.

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a known issue that we are working to address. We currently do not have an ETR on the shopping section of our website.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.