Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Already Linked Phone Number and Email Address Setting up Second/Multiple Comast.net Login Account(s)

Frequent Visitor

Already Linked Phone Number and Email Address Setting up Second/Multiple Comast.net Login Account(s)

It's my understanding that Comcast does not allow to link multple Comcast service accounts for multiple addresses to one Comcast.net login.  

An additional Comcast.net login account must be established for each Comcast service account that I own.

That's a cumbersome approach, but ok, fine.

However, when I go to set up a new comcast.net login account, I receive error messages that state "Phone number is already linked to an existing comcast.net login account."  and "Email address is already linked to an existing comcast.net login account."

What's your solution/work around for this problem with your system???!

And don't tell me to use a different phone number, because I only have one phone number.  

And don't tell me to use a different email address because I own 24 rental properties most of which do or will have comcast service accounts that I am/will be responsible for.  It is virtually impossible (definitely unreasonable) to create and monitor each email account for each comcast service account on the 6 devices I use, let alone the accounts of my various property managers and what ever devices they use.

Regular Visitor

Re: Already Linked Phone Number and Email Address Setting up Second/Multiple Comast.net Login Accoun

I have the same exact problem. I have called Comcast twice about this and each time they tell me it is resolved but it isnt. When I trie to enter my phonenumber into my account I get error message: "SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists."

Official Employee

Re: Already Linked Phone Number and Email Address Setting up Second/Multiple Comast.net Login Accoun

Hi Mac_Zell,

It sounds like the phone number may be associated with a different username. I can investigate this. Please verify the phone number you are trying to use through private message. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Already Linked Phone Number and Email Address Setting up Second/Multiple Comast.net Login Acc...

Hi JosephOfNazaret,

I can look into your issue as well. I will need to verify the phone number you're using. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please confirm the phone number. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Re: Already Linked Phone Number and Email Address Setting up Second/Multiple Comast.net Login Acc...

I am having the same issue. My cell phone number is on an old account. I don't know how to remove it from the old account. The system will not allow me to link my cell phone to my newly activated account due to:

This phone number is already associated with an XFINITY account

We cannot verify this mobile number, as it is already associated with another XFINITY account.

SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

Please help! Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi, babygirl357159 - I should be able to remove the phone number from your previous account. Could you please send me a private message with your full name, address (current and old), phone number? Thank you! 

Community Icon

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar problem.  In my case, I had a Secondary user on my account which I deleted.  Now, when I try to add the phone number that was associated with that Secondary user to my account's Primary user information, I get the exact same message as babygirl357159.

Obviously, I cannot remove the number from the Secondary user because it is gone from my account completely (since I deleted it).  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Official Employee

Hi, Berman - I should be able to remove it from the secondary username (the one you already deleted). Please send me a private message with your full name, address, a phone number associated with your account. Also, I need the phone number that you try to add (if it's different from the one we have on the account). Thank you!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Thank you for sending your information, @Berman. I removed the phone number from your secondary username. Could you please try again to add it and let me know if you get any issues? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

It worked perfectly now.  Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi Berman!

I'm following up for @ComcastElla. Thanks for letting us know her troubleshooting resolved your issue. I'll pass this info along to her. Take care. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I previously had an account but moved. We just got our new house and have a new account number but my email and phone number are liked to my old account. I can’t figure out how to change that. Please help.
Official Employee

Hey Pmay1, 

No worries. I can help you out. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, the phone number or account number associated with your current services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

This just happened to me as well. I contacted tech support chat to set up a new appointment for a technician visit to lay coax cable, and was given a new account number with instructions to create a new account. Now being told email already exists. Did I just get set up with two separate services and accounts? Please advise.

Regular Visitor

Same problem.  I am trying to send a PM with my info but having difficulty

Official Employee

Hello,

@binouz - If you are still experiencing an issue, feel free to send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone or account number. I'd be happy to assist.

@nlkflint1 - You have to post publicly first in order to get an access to private messaging. Please try again to send me your account information (full name, address, phone or account number) by clicking on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.