Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Account reactivation....

New Poster

Account reactivation....

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this... but recently, I opted to cancel my account because we moved and our roommates already had comcast set up in their name at our new home. However, the internet does not reach our room well and they do not have the channels that we had on our account. I am wondering if I would be able to reactivate my old account and set it up in the same residence (so there would be 2 comcast accounts in one home)..?

Also if this is possible, would we have to have a technician set it up or could we just pick up the equipment and set it up ourselves?
Admin1

Re: Account reactivation....

Hi Hhawes22 -- Having two accounts active at one address is not something we allow. We'd have to find a different option for getting Internet to your room. Something you could look into are wireless repeaters. That would help stretch the signal to where your room is at. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation