Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Xfinity Mobile disabled LTE calling?

Frequent Visitor

So you are saying that I wasted hundreds of dollars on AppleCare that won't do anything for me? Can someone please contact me to get this resolved?

Official Employee

Pesco, as a member of our corporate forums team, I work on the forums to resolve customers' issues. What is going on? Did you have your device replaced via Apple care? Send me your account number, full name, and address via private message so I can check to see if your phone is compatible with the VoLTE option. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Yes I am having the same issue as well. Xfinity has no clue on how to fix it. This issue has been going on for 2 weeks. Every time I try to enable VoLTE it says to contact Xfinity mobile support to have it activated. They have no clue on how to fix the issue. It’s been escalated to “tier 2” weeks ago. Have not heard a thing.
Tags (1)
B2A55291-F1F2-44D1-93AA-8AE739B96E14.png
Frequent Visitor

Have you received any updates or found a solution yet? My phone was replaced under applecare and all features worked perfectly for 2 weeks before VoLTE and Personal Hotspot were disabled. My issue has also been escalated to Tier 2 but I'm not optimistic about an outcome. Hopefully this will be moot when Xfinity Mobile enable BYOD (whenever that is) but it's unacceptable to have a half functioning device until that time.

Frequent Visitor

Earlier today, after one month of service, I also got this message that LTE calling has been disabled. I have the same cellular setting screen as above - LTE voice cannot be re-set. I could not make any calls this morning and restarted the phone, and that's when I got this message.

Due to initial cellular data issues within a few days of starting service, I was told by XFM support to return my iPhone to Apple for replacement, which I did. Apple tech did thorough test of iPhone 8 provided by XFM and agreed to swap out. Replacement phone had same cellular data deficiencies and Apple tech suggested swapping out SIM. Took new phone to Xfinity store where the manager swapped out my SIM. Still no improvement. Still seeing high cellular data latency and throughput, plus frequent failures to connect to xfinitywifi or XFINITY. 

Frequent Visitor

Any updates? I am now having the same issue this morning with my  iPhone 7+ (swapped from an LG X-Charge). But my wife's iPhone is working just fine. Seems the same issue was happening when we first swapped, but somehow it started to work. 

Frequent Visitor

Can we get an answer? Very frustrating to say the least. Been disconnected from customer service 3 times today.
Frequent Visitor

This really pi$$es me off Xfinity! This is not a "we are unable to support BYOD at this time". I have been putting up with no hotspot and no visual voicemail but I HAD VoLTE and now you've taken it away??  Ridiculous! Just try treating your cusotmer right!!

New Poster

Xfinity customer service is pathetic...

We don't support "BYOD" is just an excuse.. 

I brought a new iPhone X from xfinity and it is also having the same issue..

Truth is they don't know how to fix the issue, so they are simply finding excuses.

I have opened several tickets for this issue but no response from that so called tier2 yet.

Frequent Visitor

I got my Xfinity mobile device about a month ago and LTE Voice and Data worked about 2 days. I’ve called at least 15 times and no still can resolve the issue. I’m. Only using an Xfinity Mobile device and not a device from another carrier. It’s terrible that no one at Xfintiy can resolve this issue. I may have cancel my service and go with another carrier.
8C3C133A-703E-408D-A3B9-69F0B31EC9C9.jpeg
Frequent Visitor

I’ve been waiting on Tier 2 to call me for a month!!!!!
Regular Visitor

Same thing happened to me.  Apple replaced my iPhone 8+ and swapped everything over.  VoLTE worked for about a week then got the message at 2AM saying Xfinity Mobile disabled Voice LTE Calling.  I've called 4 times, chatted with their Social Media accounts - no one knows how to fix it.  Still have yet to get a call back from Tier 2.  This should really be prioritized.

Regular Visitor

I have 3 lines that just have been lost HD Voice, were working fine since May.  XM CS has been no help, It looks like they are not able to solve this problem by themself.   XM needs to work with Verizon on this issue ASAP. 

Frequent Visitor

I had to the same issue and someone smart enough to realize what the problem was after a month. They said my iPhone was setup in the wrong network. It is now working.
Regular Visitor

A Comcast rep told me I'd start losing 'provisions' i.e. VoLTE, tethering, etc. and that eventually the line would be disconnected because the system doesn't see the correct device (or something), unless I regularly put the SIM back in the XM phone for the system to see my device and 'reprovision' the services.

I'd recommend that just to see if you regain the services.

New Poster

How were you able to get this issue resolved?