Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Xfinity Mobile disabled LTE calling?

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

I"m in a similar boat and pretty unhappy.

I put my xfinity sim in my Galaxy S8 (from my previous verizon service) and it worked fine for about two months.  A week ago, I started getting pop-ups when I was in a call telling me that I would not have access to mobile data while on a call.  Same story.

Leave it to comcast to happily transition me in, be at peace with their service for two months, and then pull the rug out from under me for no reason whatsoever.  For them to say it's because they, "don't support BYOD" is ridiculous.  They supported it just fine for my first two months!  Obviously their system ran some sort of internal scan that booted out any device that wasn't purchased directly from them which means they should be able to fix this.

There's a good chance I may be going back to Verizon.....

Accepted Solution

dchay, we do not support BYOD yet so some features that worked before may not continue to work. Because the device was purchased outside of XFINITY Mobile, we are not able to readd or reactivate previous features. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

dchay, we do not support BYOD yet so some features that worked before may not continue to work. Because the device was purchased outside of XFINITY Mobile, we are not able to readd or reactivate previous features. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon