Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Requested iPhone Unlock Codes 20+ days ago, a few Urgent Priority tickets created, still no code

New Poster

Re: Requested iPhone Unlock Codes 20+ days ago, a few Urgent Priority tickets created, still no code

It already going to be two month and my request has not been done properly XMOB is messing up big time.

Thank you and I'd like to ask have you placed the SIM into the new device X? -Daniel

Yes I have, it work but the iPhone unlock of the sim does not says it still locked when I enter non xfinity mobile SIM card. I had requested that to be unlocked.

Hello, X. Thanks for your reply. When an iPhone is unlocked, there are some steps a customer must go through to finish the process. If you're still experiencing issues after the completing the unlocking steps (via https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328), you will have to reach out to Apple for additional support. -Rob

How to unlock your iPhone
You can unlock your iPhone, so you can use it with different carriers. An unlocked phone is sometimes called a SIM-Free or contract-free phone.
support.apple.com
I already did the restore and reformatting steps the phone is still locked sim wised
From my records, I'm showing that the device was unlocked per the request made on July 17th. I would suggest reaching out to Apple for additional troubleshooting steps. Let me know if they are able to assist in correcting this issue. -Rob

Would I have to contact Verizon Wireless?
Did you purchase the phone from Verizon? -Rob
No I purchased the phone from xfinity mobile when I call Apple they say the phone is XMOB/Verizon
It says to Sim Card Unlock Request submitted by the carrier.

Hi X, I would like to help out. Have you tried Restoring the phone to see if this corrects the issue? - Mike

The issue still does not work.
I'm showing everything completed on my end. I would recommend calling into customer service regarding this issue, - Mike
Okay would I get transferred to tier 3
Yes they would be transferring you to a higher tier. Everything looks good from here so they'd need to look further into the matter as to why it's not unlocking. - Mike
Ok perfect and my case number is still active?
The sim unlocking request was submitted. I never received the email or the phone call from xfinity mobile as promised by the last four agents.
Correct, the ticket number is X. I understand you haven't received any type of notification at this time. I apologize for this, you would be speaking to tier 3 at this point. - Mike
I had X
Thank you mike
That ticket number will still reference the issue as well. If you have any other questions in the meantime, send me a message. - Mike
Thank you for everything.
You're welcome, have a good evening. - Mike

you guys did not submit the request properly my device is still showing the follow using after restoring it
You might see this message in iTunes or on your device: "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store." If you see this message, use these steps: Restore your iPhone to factory settings. Contact your carrier to make sure that they applied the unlock in their system. Restore your iPhone from a backup.

verizon and comcast have to remove the sim card block in order for me to use my phone in another country. this requests not been done properly and it is still sim locked.
it is still showing sim locked
Hi, I'd like to help out. I understand your device is still not unlocked. Have you spoken to anyone in customer service? - Mike
i did the process like you instructed me too. is the call center still open?
Official Employee

goshadow, thanks for reaching out here. I'd like to check on your unlock ticket and see where we are in the process. Please send me a private message with your full name, account number, and the last four digits of your card on file for assistance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation