Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY WiFi OnDemand

XFINITY WiFi on Demand (XWOD) passes enable non-XFINITY Internet subscribers or current XFINITY Internet subscribers who are not eligible for XFINITY WiFi on Demand to trial or buy access to the Comcast-operated XFINITY WiFi hotspot network for varying periods of time, ranging from an hour to a month, using the open xfinitywifi SSID. (Currently, XWOD users are not allowed to access the secure XFINITY SSID.)

**Note**: XFINITY Internet subscribers with 25 Mbps or faster tiers of service have XFINITY WiFi access already included in their subscriptions, and do not need to activate/purchase XWOD passes.

Benefits

WOD.PNG

Self-Service Portal for XFINITY WiFi On Demand 

Users can manage their accounts online through the XFINITY WiFi On Demand Self-Service Portal. The Self-Service Portal provides the following:

• Account summary
  • Prior purchases and charges
  • Usage history
  • Access to view or edit contact and billing information and refund requests

Equipment Requirements

Please see XFINITY WiFi and XFINITY WiFi Hotspots app Overview for information on equipment requirements for XFINITY WiFi On Demand.

Eligibility

• Non-XFINITY Internet subscribers
  • XFINITY Internet customers who do not qualify for XFINITY WiFi access as part of their service

FAQ's

• What is XFINITY WiFi On Demand and how is it different from the previos XFINITY WiFi Access Pass program?

WiFi On Demand is similar to the previous Access Pass program with both a limited complimentary pass offer and a variety of pay-per-use passes available for extended access.

The first time you see the WiFi On Demand experience, you will need to create a new account. Your existing Access Pass account is no longer active.

• How can I purchase a WiFi pass?

Passes can be purchased via credit card or debit card by connecting to an XFINITY WiFi hotspot. Visit our Map for a list of hotspots, or simply look for “xfinitywifi” in your list of available networks. Passes cannot be purchased by calling customer service.

You will also need a WiFi-enabled device with a browser. On Android devices we recommend using a full browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox to complete your transaction. You may need to manually launch the full browser to navigate to the sign-in screen. Supported device types and OS are available in our Guides.

• Where can I use my WiFi pass?

Passes may be used at any of the millions of XFINITY WiFi hotspots. You can find a listing of XFINITY WiFi hotspots on our Map. Passes are valid only on hotspots with the network name “xfinitywifi”. You can find the network name by clicking on a hotspot on the map or in the list of results.

• How many devices can I use my pass on?

A pass is valid only on the device it is purchased on.

• Can I move my pass to another device?

No. A pass is valid only on the device it is purchased on.

• Can I carry over any unused time?

No, the pass is activated at time of purchase and expires based on the duration indicated. For example:

One hour pass – valid for 60 consecutive minutes from time of purchase
Two hour pass - valid for two consecutive hours from time of purchase
Day Pass - valid for 24 consecutive hours from time of purchase
Week Pass - valid for 7 consecutive days from time of purchase
30 Day Pass - valid for 30 consecutive days from time of purchase

• I'm having trouble connecting to the network?

WiFi access passes rely on connectivity to nearby hotspots. Connectivity issues are typically due to not being close enough to a hotspot. In some cases, your device may see the hotspot but not be close enough to get a good connection. If that happens, you can try to change locations until you receive a strong signal.

• What devices do WiFi passes work with?

WiFi passes work best on iOS, Android, Windows, and OS X (Mac) devices.

• How do I prevent my device from connecting to an XFINITY WiFi Hotspot?

Different devices and operating systems use different logic to determine which hotspots to connect to. If you do not want your device to connect to XFINITY WiFi go into your WiFi settings and remove it from the saved networks (select “forget this network” or other similar option).

• Who should I contact with WiFi On Demand questions?

24/7 telephone support is available from our customer service team. Call 1-866-489-0919    .

You can also see your past pass purchases and manage auto-renew preferences by logging into your WiFi On Demand account (with valid login).

• What happens if I do not verify my email address?

When you create a WiFi On Demand account we ask you to validate your email address by responding to a validation email we send you. An email address that is not validated within 72 hours is removed from an account. To add or edit an email address go to your WiFi On Demand account (with valid login).

• What is the refund policy for passes?

If you purchased a pass and are unable to use it due to connectivity issues you may request a refund for the time you were unable to use by calling 1-866-489-0919    . Note, the refund amount takes into account the price of shorter duration passes that could have been purchased instead. For example, if you buy a week pass and are only able to use 2 days, your refund would be the price you paid less the cost of 2 day passes.

For the XFINITY WiFi On Demand terms of service for non-Comcast customers see here: http://wifilogin.xfinity.com/wifinonmemberterms.php

For the XFINITY WiFi On Demand terms of service for Comcast customers see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/xfinity-wifi-terms-of-service/