Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

won't stay signed in

Frequent Visitor

won't stay signed in

I check "remember me" box upon signing-in to stay signed in for two weeks, but upon restarting internet explorer, comcast doesn't remember me and I have to sign in again. my internet explorer settings do not automatically delete browsing history or cookies upon exiting.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: won't stay signed in

sonomajames wrote:

I check "remember me" box upon signing-in to stay signed in for two weeks, but upon restarting internet explorer, comcast doesn't remember me and I have to sign in again. my internet explorer settings do not automatically delete browsing history or cookies upon exiting.

This appears to be something new that has cropped up in the past few days.  No answers have been posted yet other than to check your browser settings to make sure cookies are not being deleted.  The Remember Me feature is a Comcast cookie.  Which browser/version do you use?  Have youi tried another brpowser, such as Firefox?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

I'm using Internet Explorer 9. Never had this problem before. Just started. I checked my settings. I my cookies and history are not being deleted upon exiting. Comcast live chat has not helped. Any other ideas? THANKS!

Gold Problem Solver

Have you tried another browser, such as Firefox? 

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Frequent Visitor

No I haven't. I don't have another browser installed. Any other ideas? Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

sonomajames wrote:

No I haven't. I don't have another browser installed. Any other ideas? Thanks

You cna easily download and install Firefox.  If later after testing with it, you can always uninstall it in Add/Remove Progams.  Here is a link. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

As I said, this is a new issue that just started happening in XfinityConnect regarding staying signed in.  Comcast is aware of this, but we haven't had any fixes yet.

PS  I personally think it is always a good idea to have a second browser ready to go... Just incase.

CC

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I'll try the 2nd browser for diagnostic purposes, but probably will wait to see if Comcast fixes it. Let them do the diagnostic for me and deal.

Silver Problem Solver

I've been seeing these issues with both IE9 and FF13, so it's not really a browser issue.

Gold Problem Solver

I have reported this new problem to the Administrator. CC

Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for reporting the problem
New Poster

I'm having same trouble staying signed in.  Only on comcast website. Just started 6/29/12

Regular Visitor

As of June 30th I can no longer stay signed in to comcast. I'm having to sign in every time. Solutions please.

Contributor

I'm having the same problem too.  Thought it was something I did, but guess not.  Hope it gets fixed soon!!

Regular Contributor

I use IE 8 and the full Comcast webmail.  Been unable to stay logged in just like the others who have reported the new Comcast mail bug.  For me, Chrome has proved to be a better alternative browser than FireFox.

New Poster

Ok, This morning when computer went on I clicked on e-mail page & it went to Comcast homepage, but I noticed email tab lit up with a number of new messages. I clicked on it & I was still logged in from yesterday.I'll take it compared to logging in everytime!!!

Regular Visitor

I'm going to dump my comcast email and tell everyone to use my gmail account.

I'll set up email forwarding.

This is just ridiculous!

Regular Visitor

I've had the same issue since 6/29. Every time I log in, I have to re-enter my user name and password. The "Remember me" box is not working. The first response I got from Comcast online support was to make sure my computer wasn't set to delete cookies. I checked it anyway even though I knew it had been working fine and we hadn't changed anything. After I did that I told them the problem is not on our end. The second response I got was that they couldn't help me so I should contact an online chat rep for assistance. The last time I tried using them they shut down my internet for an entire day and we had to have a tech come out and get us back up. This is so irritating. Can someone at Comcast please figure out what changed and fix it?! Everyone on this thread is having the same issue. It can't be that all of us suddenly don't know how to use our computers.

Silver Problem Solver

What link are you trying to use when 'logging in' for mail? Are you starting at:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/ (normal home page)

http://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/ (mail preview page)

http://sz0091.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail#1 (actual inbox page)

The 3rd one has never really worked for a long time, and always redirected back to the preview page. If you use that 3rd one, it puts you on the home page and cancels your login.

The second one now redirects to the home page, but, at least for me, I'm still logged in.

Basically, check what shortcuts you are using. Don't try to use the direct sz0091 link. The other two should work.

Regular Contributor

Nope, they all go to the Comcast homepage.  Comcast has succeeded in breaking the links so that we have to view Comcast's home page which is directed at children and adolescents.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion of xfinityconnect.mail.... That keeps me signed in. One problem down. But compared to normal one still has a couple extra clicks to reach the inbox. Comcast chat help was no help.

Regular Contributor

I have the same issue.  It doesn't keep me signed in and that is a real pain.  It's not an issue with my browser.  It's something Comcast needs to fix and I hope very soon.

Official Employee

Hello,

If you are experiening the issue with "Keep me signed in" not working, please send me a private message with the email address that is experiencing the issue and I can take a look.

To send a private message, click on "cc_xc" then "send this user a private message".

In addition:

Please post the following information in your post.

Did you verify your browser settings are not enabled to delete cookies, cache, and history after closing?

We are actively investigating the issue. 

Regards,

cc_xc

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Mine seems to be fixed as of today. Not sure what the problem was.

Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Mine seems to be working fine now.  I have a link in my Favorites Bar for my XFinity Inbox Preview page and it seems to take me right to it.  Must have been one of those mysterious gliches that seem to pop up every now and then.  Glad it didn't last too long, now let's hope it doesn't start acting up again any time soon.

Thanks,

Sandra17

Frequent Visitor

What link do you use? I still get to the Comcast homepage.

Contributor

Hi,

http://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/connect/

This is the link that's in my Favorites Bar.  This didn't work when I was having the same issue you are having now.  You might have to wait until your's is fixed. 

Good Luck,

Sandra17

Official Employee

Hello,

To access your inbox directly after sign in please try following link to your inbox:

http://smartzone.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail

Regards,

cc_xc

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I changed the link I was using and now my mail is working fine.  This is the new link I have in my favorites:

http://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/

Silver Problem Solver

Sue223 wrote:

I changed the link I was using and now my mail is working fine.  This is the new link I have in my favorites:

http://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/

I've been using that link, but it still redirects to the home page. At least you remain logged in.

Silver Problem Solver

Just found a link that DOES work. And, it even takes you direct to your REAL inbox, not the preview!!

https://login.comcast.net/login?s=wnamp&ts=340e1e3f&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwnamp.mail.comcast.net%2Fi...

Massive link! You must use the link exactly as shown. If you click on it, it eventually redirects to that shorter link that will not work if you try it directly. In Firefox, you can right-click the above link and then choose "Bookmark this Link". For IE, it would be "Add to Favorites". Other browsers may be similar.

I can't take credit for this. Barmar posted this a month ago:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Direct-login-into-xfinity-email/m-p/129...

Problem Solver

Thank you Andyross, and Barmar...

IT WORKS!!!   Copying that link to my favorites bar, and clicking on it, takes me immediately to comcast's mail.

As you said, you must bookmark the entire link, did that and then renamed for placement on my Favorites Bar..  (IE8)

Big hand claps and thumbs up...  Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

I'm going to use the link I posted.  So what if I have to do one click....lol...to get to my mail.  At least I know it works to keep me logged in.  Have a great day everyone.

Regular Contributor

Sorry, Sue, but the link doesn't work.  It signs me off and directs me to the home page where I have to sign into mail again.

It's pretty apparent that Comcast has no intentions of fixing the problem they created or they would have done it by now.  They want us to look at the home page, see the insipid articles and click on the ads.  It would be a trivial fix for experienced software engineers, which there is no indication that they have, so we're stuck.

Problem Solver

The_Hat_Man,

Please see my post above#31 and Andyross' post #30.

It worked for me, and I've been going in and out of my browser..

Hope this helps..

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

Well, it did work once for me.  So there's actual hope.  I shut down IE 8, logged out of my XP session, logged back in and clicked on the link I saved on the desktop.  I haven't rebooted yet or tried it on a new day but all the other solutions failed on one of the first two tests so maybe this one is a good solution.  Only time will tell, but thanks.  There is now hope!

Still doesn't answer the question about why Comcast regularly breaks things due to amateur coding, incompetent testing or intentional actions.  Wish they would learn to treat their customers properly and show them some respect.

Problem Solver

Hi Man,

Happy to hear that it work, 1X...   Smiley Happy

Just for the h of it, I just rebooted and loaded the IE browser, clicked on my (Barmar's) link, and went directly to the email listing page...  NO PREVIEW... 

I do agree completely that comcast's  handling of their home page is sub par and quite careless in what they present to their customers as new and innovative. 

Again , so glad that it worked for you..  Smiley Happy

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

You think this email issue is bad.  For over 3 months I have had a tiling issue with my TV and it still is not fixed.  8 techs, a lineman and a supervisor have been out to my home and still nothing has been accomplished.  I'm stuck with Comcast because we're not allowed to have dish where I live.  Imagine how I feel right now.  This email issue is trivial compared to my TV problems.

Silver Problem Solver

Just to be VERY clear. You must save that link EXACTLY as shown. If you click on it to open your inbox, then try to bookmark from there, you get the bad link that ends up logging you out. With most browsers, right-click the link, then choose some form of save . Favorite, as Bookmark, or "Copy Link Location" or "Copy Shortcut" so you can paste it into something else.

It works so far, at least with Firefox 13. It worked perfectly this morning, even though the computer had been off for nearly 18 hours. I also tried IE9, and it worked. I actually use iGoogle as my home page and put the link into a 'Box of Links' gadget.

Be aware that you probably need to be already logged in beforehand so it remembers. So log in from the home page once. Save that link. Then try it out. I've reposted it below as normal text instead of as a link. I put spaces in the "https" to prevent it from being auto-converted to a clickable link.

h t t p s://login.comcast.net/login?s=wnamp&ts=340e1e3f&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwnamp.mail.comcast.net%2Fistp%2FLandingPage%2F%3Fcontinue%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fsmartzone.mail.comcast.net%252Fzimbra%252Fmail%253Fapp%253Dmail

Frequent Visitor

Andyross, Yippee! You solved two problems: I'm staying signed in and I go straight to my inbox. I've been irritated for years that I had to begin an email session with the preview and news page.

I'm using Internet Explorer 9, Vista on a PC. I right clicked on the https//:login .... and chose to save it to my Favorites. It's working repeatedly with no signing-out

Regular Contributor

andy ross how would i get this long linkage onto the linkage section of my ie9 taskbar at the bottom of the ie screen. Seems like getting into the favorites section  and then clicking the link is a pain in the neck.  Thanks for your help.

Problem Solver

andyross wrote:

Just to be VERY clear. You must save that link EXACTLY as shown. If you click on it to open your inbox, then try to bookmark from there, you get the bad link that ends up logging you out. With most browsers, right-click the link, then choose some form of save . Favorite, as Bookmark, or "Copy Link Location" or "Copy Shortcut" so you can paste it into something else.

It works so far, at least with Firefox 13. It worked perfectly this morning, even though the computer had been off for nearly 18 hours. I also tried IE9, and it worked. I actually use iGoogle as my home page and put the link into a 'Box of Links' gadget.

Redfordl,

If you follow the instructions highlighted in RED, you souldn't have problems..  Also, copy the link from Andy's post above..# 30.

I use IE8--  does IE9 have a favorites bar ? That's where I have my mail link.

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

Works great on my XP, IE 8 PC, too!  I shut down my PC at night so it's just not remembering the log in while the PC is on.  Most importantly, it avoids the juvenile Comcast homepage and the need to log on each time I want to read my mail.   THANKS!

Regular Contributor

andyross, thanks for your help  and i managed to move the sign in link  to the links tab in the ie9 taskbar at the bottom of ie9 homepage or whatever. I signed off of ie9  and back on and the link to comcast"s e-mail inbox works.  Thanks again!!  And lets hope it works tommorrow!!  Meanwhile lets hope that comcast"s top computer engineers can figure this sign in problem.

Regular Contributor

I believe that "comcast"s top computer engineers" is an oxymoron.  They've never even been able to fix the Comcast Spell Checker.  They should probably have one of the people on the forum fix it...

Oxymoron.jpg

Problem Solver

Hat_Man,

In this case we can't blame comcast for the spell checker...   It's lithium's baby and totally drinks through a straw...  Although, if comcast really cared, something would be done about it.. Smiley Sad

Lithium does/or did have a floating spell checker, and I have, for years, mentioned using it here in these forums..

The community forums are gone so I don't have a reference..

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

The link doesn't work for me.  It takes me directly to the Comcast home page.

Frequent Visitor

Right click on Andyross' link and choose option to save to Favorites. Then open your inbox from the link saved in Favorites. It worked for me with VISTA and IE9

New Poster

Can't stay signed in.  And I recently changed to Firefox.

Gold Problem Solver

Please read message #22 and sent the information as requested by xx_xc to him via Private Message.

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope  screenshot.108.jpg

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’.  A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public viewin the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM.  screenshot.107.jpg

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message.  You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post.  By default, Private Messages are enabled.  You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Regular Visitor

This one works for me!

Good one folks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats