Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

update your password recovery options

New Poster

update your password recovery options

I keep getting this page when I open xfinity webpage asking me to update my password recovery options.  It asks for an email address other than my comcast address.  I don't have another email address!  It asks for my mobile phone so they can text me my password.  I don't have a moblie phone!  How do I get this page off of my computer?

New Poster

Re: update your password recovery options

This is my problem exactly! Please let me know what to do.  I have tried entering bogus email addresses just to bypass it but that does not work.  It just comes back the next time.  The Comcast email app is already SO SO cumbersome and slow to load and use, and now they throw THIS roadblock in the way as well?  Not to mention, if I did have a mobile number or other email account, what would they do with it?  It is not explained at all, just a privacy grab.  Infuriating!

Regular Visitor

I  also don't have a cell phone and even if I did, I'm not giving it out to be used for this purpose!

I feel this request for a cell phone number or another email address is nothing but a "trick" of the Comcast Corporation to bombard us with useless sales calls! 

The new home page is horrible and the system is so slow!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying for the last 10 minutes to sign on and cannot! What's going on????? VERIZON is looking better everday!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Problem Solver

ALL

Please read the post made by COMCASTZACH in thus Thread!

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Recvery-Options-Page/m-p/2687138#U26871...

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

To Carol and Comcast Zach,

After entering a mobile number, receiving a verification code and entering the code in the "password recovery options" verification no. field the screen said "verified".THE NEXT TIME I LOGGED IN THE WHOLE PROCESS BEGAN AGAIN ASKING FOR THE SAME INFORMATION. NOW WHAT?  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation