Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

unwanted email from Comcast

ANSWERED
New Poster

unwanted email from Comcast

Why do I keep getting ten emails a day telling me what I already know about my browser, email address etc. This is a pain in <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Language"> & I want it stopped NOW!!

Accepted Solution

Re: unwanted email from Comcast

@Paraniod

The issue you are experiencing could be related to the new email notifications mentioned here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-My-Account-App/New-Device-Sign-In-with-XFINITY-Username/td-p/2885396

This is a security feature and one that all users are now subject to. 

@skihappy & @Taurus2313,

If you are receiving the same email message as user Paraniod, then we recommend you read the post mentioned in the link above. 

If you are receiving different email messages, please post a screen capture of the emails you are receiving. 

@rosaco1,

We ask that if you submitted your email in our "opt-out" system, you allow 45-60 days for your request to process fully. After that time, if you are still receiving email messages from us, please let us know. 

View answer in context
Administrator
Administrator

@aquila3,

To remove yourself from our email communications you can simply enter your email address on this site, https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptDown/opt-down/#/, and then click the "Manage My Preferences" button. You can also click the option to "unsubscribe from all XFINITY emails" below that button. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast Jessie,

This issue has nothing to do with "marketing and special offers" it seems to be a glitch with the sign in, every time I sign in I get an Email, like this:

signin.PNG

New Poster

The only two options when you go there are (1) programming emails & (2) Special offers + details. Neither of them have anything to do with this Comcast email that is sent everytime I go to get my emails.

I have now spent countless hours on the phone with 10 different Comcast techs including from level one, two, and three!

From 10 different techs I have gotten 10 different answers of what might be going on. I think I FINALLY got the correct answer from the 10th person I talked to. You are implimenting a 2 stage login protocal and this email is part of the new system, even though it isn't yet working correctly. And he also told me that soon this will be replaced by a proactive text message and code to log in. TO GET MY FRIKKIN' EMAILS!

Why can't your techs be made aware of these issues that YOU are causing me so I don't have to spend countless hours on the phone to figure out what the heck is going on?

Please get it together!

Contributor

I agree, I posted a thread about this same thing last week and it has numerous complaints across the board. Why is Comcast "NOT" doing anything to fix this issue?? There are tons of folks complaining about the same issue..

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastJessie wrote: ... To remove yourself from our email communications ...

Seriously? Comcast is going to let customers opt out of SECURITY EMAILS? REALLY??? Surely not even Comcast would be that, uh, "unwise", would it?

Are you sure the message in question is not a Service Related email, where "opt out" has no effect?

New Poster

Three + "new ssign in emails per day/account.

S-L-O-W to open times outs are frequent

No reasonable way to get help and it only costs $182 a month,

"although we may be the only ptrovder in town we try not to act like it."

DISGUSTED!

New Poster

Neither solution worked!!!  I'm still getting 4 or 5 unwanted emails per day from Comcast.  What a pain, Comcast!!!!

Administrator
Administrator

@Paraniod

The issue you are experiencing could be related to the new email notifications mentioned here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-My-Account-App/New-Device-Sign-In-with-XFINITY-Username/td-p/28...

This is a security feature and one that all users are now subject to. 

@skihappy & @Taurus2313,

If you are receiving the same email message as user Paraniod, then we recommend you read the post mentioned in the link above. 

If you are receiving different email messages, please post a screen capture of the emails you are receiving. 

@rosaco1,

We ask that if you submitted your email in our "opt-out" system, you allow 45-60 days for your request to process fully. After that time, if you are still receiving email messages from us, please let us know. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast Jessie, thanks for the info in the link. I do clear my cookies regularly, so I guess that explains it..!

"
**Note**: If you are browsing in incognito mode or clearing cookies, you will receive additional notifications regarding a new sign-in."

Contributor

ComcastJessie, I am getting these email from you every time I log into my account to check my email through my regular computer, I am not using an APP to check my email. This is happening when I got to the Comcast/Xfinity site, then log into to check my emails. I have no need to receive numerous emails daily telling me that I have logged into my account. It is redundant and unnecessary. Now if I had logged into my account from a different source or a different IP Address, then I could understand the notifications but this is not the case. This is a widespread issue as you can see here and I have posted many photos of the notifications under my original thread about this issue from the middle of the month. The thread is titled "Constant notifications of Sign Ins". This is the same problem that all customers here are responding to.

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastJessie wrote: ... The issue you are experiencing could be related to the new email notifications ....

Why on earth didn't Comcast announce this BEFORE they started sending these out???

Contributor

This has been happening to me since march 15th level 2 says same thing not fixed email same one every time you log in very very disappointed 28 yr customer, promised call from level 2, call never came....

Contributor

Definitely a widespread issue, same e-mail over and over again....

New Poster

I too am getting these emails WHY WHY WHY?  Comcast is too slow to begin with

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 10 in conversation