Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

uh-oh you're not signed in

New Poster

uh-oh you're not signed in

Anyone out there getting this message? When I click the e-mail button, I get the sign in area. After putting in my info in, I press the SIGN IN button. It kicks me back to the first page and reads "Uh-oh you're not signed in" - VERY FRUSTRATING! Anyone have suggestions out there?

Regular Contributor

Re: uh-oh you're not signed in

i hadd this problem last week with chrome reset browser helped now my husband has thiswith firefox and reset browser did not help.

Regular Visitor

Chrome is my default browser.  It worked before but suddenly I get the "sign in" problem

New Poster

Not just Chrome it's Firefox too. Sure can get logged in to pay my bill though!

Regular Visitor

Every day ~ not signed in ~ 

Frequent Visitor

I was having this problem with Chrome. Comcast suggested that I use Firefox. I did and I still have the problem. Over and over, I have to signin.  Comcast takes the position that its due to the browser. I take the position that it is Comcast's responsibility to fix their customer's issues with their service but they don't.

Regular Visitor

Please fix this annoying problem Comcast ~ driving me crazy

Frequent Visitor

I've been getting this hassle for several days when I use Firefox.  When I switch to Safari or just go to Mail, I have no problem.  I am putting up with it until I find the patience to try to communicate with Firefox. 

Frequent Visitor

Looks like the problem is not just with Firefox.  Perhaps Comcast is the problem.  I don't relish trying to deal with Comcast's India or other off shore based support!  All too often, they try to lay the problem off on your equipment.  That plus the language (dialect) is enough to drive you up the wall.

New Poster

Having this same problem off and on for a week now.  I use Chrome.  We were able to log me in my husband's Ipad and, as someone else said, I can log on to see billing, etc...just NOT my email!  Please fix this!!!!!!!

New Poster

I've had this problem for 2 days now. Reading through some of the forum messages, the "fix" is to clear your cookies or change to a different browser. i.e. Comcast isn't going to fix THEIR problem- we have a rig our own torturous "fix." It's a problem for Chrome, Firefox and other browsers so I'm wondering what magic browser do you have to use to be able to check your email like a normal person???

Regular Visitor

I can get my e-mail with Internet Explorer but I like using Chrome.  It always worked before and now it doesn't.

New Poster

I have the same problem and my default browser is Internet Explorer.  Can't get signed in and email keeps giving me a popup to login too.  This has only been going on within the past few days to a week.

New Poster

So I took the advice from one of the above posts and reset my Chrome and everything is fine now.  I went up to the upper right corner, clicked on the triple lines, then on "settings.  Then if you scroll all the way to the bottom and go to "advanced settings" more stuff opens up and at the very bottom you can click on the "reset browser" button.  So far so good!

Frequent Visitor

Never fear.  I received a message from Comcast Help and Support Forums saying that they acknowledge the problem.  Now, hold your breath while they correct the problem.  Oh, and wait for a credit to your account to make up your lost time and inconvenience Smiley Happy.

In the meantime just for kicks,  I'm going to try the Chrome reset even though I'm good with Safari.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I received an acknowledgement email as well. I have no doubt that is all I'll get from Comcast. However, support.com did fix it. I'm using internet explorer again (although they said I could re-install chrome or firefox) which is not my first choice for a browser but I am logged in, stay logged in and can go to email without repeatedly logging in.

New Poster

I am getting the same problem. I can't open my email on my ipad. I need to check on some info and I am so annoyed that I keep getting the uh-oh deal. My email works on my iphone but I delete most everything and can not get in! What to do??

Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry I tried that Chrome reset!  In the process it switched Chrome as my default browser.  Guess what, same Uh-oh......

My solution was to back out of Chrome and re-establish Safari as my default browser.  Good to go, now.  

Maybe Comcast has contracted with Obamacare systems provider to fix the problem Smiley Happy.  May be a while before we are back to normal.  

Regular Visitor

Reset Chrome and problem solved!  Thanks Smiley Wink

New Poster

im having that same problem tooo for 4 days i think its a comcast thing reset both my browswers   ieb11andfirefox still doing it!!! grrrrrrrrrr i want to read emails!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Whoever first suggested resetting the entire Chrome browser gave bad advice. It's overkill and there's no need to trash all of your settings. All you need to do is delete your comcast.net and comcast.com cookies.

It might not help anyway because there's clearly a bug affecting Comcast's web sites. I tried to log into the forums using Chrome, which I had never used on Comcast's sites before, and it still didn't remember me.

Frequent Visitor

I did the same reset in Chrome. After two+ weeks of that annoying message, it's working fine now. I'm sure it's a Comcast problem, and if they've fixed it, seems logical that we'd have to do such a reset on our own browsers.

Contributor

I'm frustrated by this same problem.  With the money I pay for Comcast/Xfinity services, I expect more than this.  I've read both sides of resetting Chrome, but don't totally understand what I'll lose if I "reset" Chrome.  I'm afraid to try it.   Can anyone give me more specifics?  

Frequent Visitor

Suddenly I can sign in to Comcast e-mail on my PC using IE again after I changed settings under the browser's "tools" heading, where I selected "internet options" and clicked the "advanced" tab and unchecked boxes for "enable enhanced protected mode", "enable smart screen filter" and "use TLS 1.1" per an MS fix for access to some sites when using IE 11.

Frequent Visitor

I was nervous about that also. But couldn't stand the obstructions to my email access so did it anyway. I notice no consequences so far (or am not technically savvy enough to notice).I would like Comcast to step in on this forum and tell us what the problem is/was, and what they're doing about it. 

Regular Visitor

I use Chrome and I did what someone suggested and reset browser.  So far it works and I don't see any problems.  So far

New Poster

I'll tell you what, I'm SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED with Comcast / Xfinity. I can't sign into my e-mail, but I CAN sign into a forum & VENT to other people....... COMCAST / XFINITY ARE YOU WORKING ON THIS?!? My e-mail doesn't work in Google, Google Chrome, Explorer, FireFox. It only works through my phone.

I've used Google Chrome for years, Why does it ALL OF A SUDDEN NOT WORK???

FIX IT PLEASE!

Frequent Visitor

I have had this problem for sometime (see my posts).  I have talked with Comcast by phone as well as an online "chat".  In both cases, the matter was going to be forwarded up the management chain. I was, also, told that I would be contacted.  I have not heard from anyone!

Tonight, I decided to try to sign in again.  I read the Uh-oh carefully and noted below the sentence the message goes on to talk about 'sync' with home page.  Sync what?

Then, I went to the sign in page.  Looking below the sign in box, I noted a message requesting account info.  So, before doing the sign in, I clicked on this box.  It led me to a page asking the exact street name of my account and my preferance for sign in user name (mine or my wife's).  I supplied the information.  And, guess what!  Signed in in a flash.  No resets, no browser problem.

All along this has been a Comcast issue!  Happy, but really P.O.ed.  Try it and see if it works for you.

New Poster

After two weeks of dealing with this and contacting support, I finally decided to try the reset function in Google Chrome. Surprise, it worked and now I am able to log into email. Additionally, I did not appear to lose any data in Chrome. Chrome did not even close all of my tabs, of which I usually have seven or eight open. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regular Contributor

I have telephoned Comcast on numerous occasions and they just give the stupid excuse "It is your browser."  That is obviously because they are too stupid to know how to fix it.  They have no trouble collecting our money but the service ends there.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats